Author Topic: New healthy pizza company from Jax? - Proteinza  (Read 2327 times)

Jaxingithard

New healthy pizza company from Jax? - Proteinza
« on: July 14, 2017, 06:12:42 PM »
These guys have come up with a chicken crust pizza - the nutrition on these look amazing.

https://www.theproteinza.com/nutrition/

Looks like they are located near regal cinema on beach blvd.

According to the reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/jacksonville/comments/6n4o7h/jacksonville_founded_company_proteinza_pizza/

This is per Proteinza (10 inch pie), usually cut into 6 slices
For the full 10" base alone : Calories: 344 Protein: 54g Carbohydrates: 13g Sugar: 0g Fat: 7g
The toppings determine how good or bad the nutrition will be, but generally excellent macro ratio thanks to the crust.

Hopefully it tastes good, will have to go check it out.

Jaxingithard

Re: New healthy pizza company from Jax? - Proteinza
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 09:56:49 PM »
Tried it and I am really surprised at how great it tastes! It definitely tastes like it was a bread base, thin and crispy too. 

100% would recommend giving it a try!

They are doing a promotion right now FYI - if you take an selfie with the Proteinza and tag them on Instagram you're next one is free.

Has anyone else tried it? What did you think?

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 07:01:54 AM »
Healthy? You're having a laugh. But hey - why shouldn't more chickens be killed needlessly in order for you to be able to stick to your low-carb fad diet?
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 07:05:10 AM »
Because chickens are food...  ::)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 07:12:30 AM »

Well, they are to you. But it's not pizza if you make the crust out of shredded chicken. And maybe instead of doing a dumb fad diet where you starve your body of carbs, you just do a bit of portion control? Dieting is all about willpower and developing a lifestyle.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 07:21:57 AM »

Well, they are to you. But it's not pizza if you make the crust out of shredded chicken. And maybe instead of doing a dumb fad diet where you starve your body of carbs, you just do a bit of portion control? Dieting is all about willpower and developing a lifestyle.

It is not pizza because you say it isn't?  Thanks Adam...  :o
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

benfranklinbof

• Murray Hill Billy
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 07:43:56 AM »
Eeww
Murray Hill Billy

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 07:45:06 AM »

No - it's not Pizza because the Italians say it isn't. Pizza is a form of flatbread. But I suppose it's "pizza" of a sort.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 07:46:56 AM by Adam White »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 08:02:04 AM »

No - it's not Pizza because the Italians say it isn't. Pizza is a form of flatbread. But I suppose it's "pizza" of a sort.

Most people think chicken is food too...

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 09:18:28 AM »

Chicken is food for a lot of people. I never said it wasn't. Chicken isn't flatbread, though.

I guess Chicken Parmesan is pizza to these folks, too. Anyone for "pizza"?

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 09:31:45 AM by Adam White »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 09:34:00 AM »

Chicken is food for a lot of people. I never said it wasn't. Chicken isn't flatbread, though.

I guess Chicken Parmesan is pizza to these folks, too.

I dont think the Italians... or even you get to define Pizza.  There are a wide range of substitutes for the base of said dish... and it will still be pizza.

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/everyday-cooking/photos/13-unique-pizza-crust-alternatives/#!6fc0d213816491d0663c853b3316ebdc

Cauliflower

Zucchini

Quinoa

Mmmm... Delicioso... ;D

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 09:42:16 AM »
Pizza is a type of flatbread. And certain types of pizza are actually protected - they have to be made a certain way to be called that.

But who am I to stop the ever-growing numbers of morbidly obese Americans from coming up with another culinary travesty?

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 10:34:55 AM »
Check out this great new pizza I found. It has an alternative crust for all you carb-watchers who don't like the traditional chicken crust!

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:38:51 AM by Adam White »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 10:58:48 AM »
Oh you poor pizza challenged man... That is clearly a bunless hamburger.   :o ::)

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2017, 11:02:29 AM »
Oh you poor pizza challenged man... That is clearly a bunless hamburger.   :o ::)

Stop trying to define pizza for the rest of us, BT!