Author Topic: Attorney General's Race  (Read 802 times)

Murder_me_Rachel

Attorney General's Race
« on: July 12, 2017, 01:09:50 PM »
Fail son #1 Jay Fant is running for Attorney General? What an absolute, complete and utter joke.  From what I can tell, dude has zero legal experience at all, just a law degree.  For someone who hates government, he sure does like their paychecks.  This is just truly unbelievable.  The sheer audacity of running for such an important position when you have literally zero experience is absolutely galling and sheer arrogance and entitlement. 

http://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/fant-behind-in-attorney-general-fundraising-race
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 01:39:53 PM by Murder_me_Rachel »

FlaBoy

Re: Attorney General's Race
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 01:50:34 PM »
I am pretty sure he didn't run for House to make the whopping $29k salary. Even AG only makes around $100k. Fant has plenty of cash although your point is taken on other fronts.

vicupstate

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 03:38:27 PM »
$29k for a House member is probably WAY above the national state average. I imagine the perks are great. The publicity for private business is considerable. It is not like they are in session 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year either.   
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

Murder_me_Rachel

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 04:16:54 PM »
The amount of money really isnt my point.  It's the bullshit of these dipshits who say they hate the government, but are all too anxious to keep working for it. I mean, truly, what is his justification for being AG? I realize this is more a managerial position, but has he ever sat second chair (let alone first) at even a small trial? I doubt it.  He has zero legal experience and it's just "Oh, hey, my dad was rich, so I became rich and therefore I am qualified to serve in whatever job I want." Fuck that. It's insulting to truly competent public servants. So, if he hates government and objectively isn't qualified for this job, why is he seeking it?

ChriswUfGator

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 09:28:21 PM »
So long as the witch gets the boot, just about anything would be an improvement.

Snaketoz

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 03:46:28 PM »
The amount of money really isnt my point.  It's the bullshit of these dipshits who say they hate the government, but are all too anxious to keep working for it. I mean, truly, what is his justification for being AG? I realize this is more a managerial position, but has he ever sat second chair (let alone first) at even a small trial? I doubt it.  He has zero legal experience and it's just "Oh, hey, my dad was rich, so I became rich and therefore I am qualified to serve in whatever job I want." Fuck that. It's insulting to truly competent public servants. So, if he hates government and objectively isn't qualified for this job, why is he seeking it?
That is true with all government jobs, all the way to president.

FlaBoy

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 06:21:50 PM »
$29k for a House member is probably WAY above the national state average. I imagine the perks are great. The publicity for private business is considerable. It is not like they are in session 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year either.   

No. That is a good thing they are part time. California pays their state Assembly members 105k and New York pays 80k.