Author Topic: Changes announced at Unity Plaza’s HOBNOB  (Read 5132 times)

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
Re: Changes announced at Unity Plaza’s HOBNOB
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 01:48:12 AM »
I think YMCA would have to agree to that??

JaxAvondale

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 05:25:20 PM »
They will hopefully long term see an uptick with more development there. That hotel would be clutch on Forest across the street from the plaza there. Of course Vista will bring a lot of people there as well. But Central Park? Really? lol

A 90-100 room boutique hotel would do well in Brooklyn and would get a lot of business travelers during the week. Most of my vendors stay on the southbank when they visit. I'm sure the same thing happens with people who visit Black Knight, Everbank, BCBS, or any other Brooklyn based office.

Why not do a hotel next to the YMCA on that land they're currently using as parking? Makes it close to the river, puts it right on Riverside Ave, while still being across the street from Unity?

That would be a great spot for a hotel.

JaxAvondale

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 05:26:57 PM »

Yes, the Y owns that land. I believe that they want any deal to include shared use of a parking garage.

marcuscnelson

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 01:04:20 AM »

Yes, the Y owns that land. I believe that they want any deal to include shared use of a parking garage.

Their master site plan for the original project includes plans for a 8-story mixed-use structure with a 3-story parking garage.

http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2013-jan-riverside-ymca-project-approved

I'd think that you could probably get a slightly larger footprint structure (maybe ground-floor retail along Riverside with hotel entrances on Riverside and Jackson?) by making the parking garage a story or two taller.

Transatlantic

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2017, 10:22:53 PM »
So they are serving 3 dinners and 2 brunches per week.  Can a restaurant pay the rent or keep the lights on when they aren't even open for more than half the week?  Can they retain talented kitchen and wait staff if they aren't able to offer anyone more than a few shifts a week?

It sounds like they believed a bunch of ridiculous hype about 220 Riverside, and Brooklyn in general. 

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2017, 11:21:07 PM »
If they can fill the restaurant for all services Th-Su, then I'd have to say yes.  Probably not making much money, but any profit is still profit, right?

Lower overall overhead & one food order per week.   Weathering the storm.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

DrQue

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 09:39:15 AM »
Have to imagine their rent has been reduced as well. At this point it is either that or another empty block for the owners.