Author Topic: Russia investigation and Fox news  (Read 2680 times)

Kiva

Russia investigation and Fox news
« on: May 17, 2017, 06:40:11 PM »
A special prosecutor, former FBI head Robert Mueller, has been named to oversee an investigation of Russian interference in the US election. Most news organizations are leading with this, but Fox news has it as item 3 or 4. What a shock!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 06:42:33 PM by Kiva »

Cheshire Cat

• Diane Melendez is Cheshire Cat
Re: Russia investigation and Fox news
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 08:00:48 PM »

Robert Mueller is the real deal. He was the former FBI Director under both President George W. Bush and President Barack Obama. Mueller has an outstanding reputation, and most importantly, is not connected to Donald Trump in any way.

A special counsel has been appointed that wasn’t on the Trump campaign and has no ties to the administration. Mueller is the first truly independent investigator to look at the relationship between Trump and Russia.

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/05/17/day-trumps-russia-reckoning-arrived-robert-muller-appointed-special-counsel.html
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 08:05:23 PM by Cheshire Cat »
Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!

spuwho

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 11:20:27 PM »
Finally. Honestly, even the Palestinians are tired of all Trump, all the time. They have to have a starvation protest and burn a few extra tires to break through this silly media log jam on the guy.

Its like Wag the Dog in reverse.

Its beginning to block out reporting on other critical news around the world.

Its not about news either, its about ratings.

Colbert was getting killed in the ratings until he started going off on Trump like a psycho. Now the word is he has surpassed Jimmy Fallon, who doesnt like political jokes. The pressure is on for Fallon to make fun of Trump, well because your ratings depend on it!!

Too much noise, very little substance.

Hopefully Mueller can put some reality in play.

And what happens if he finds "nothing"?

It was a manufactured conspiracy!

Cheshire Cat

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 03:47:22 PM »
Senators just came from a private meeting with the asst Attorney General with regard to the newly named Special Prosecutor.   Senator Graham had this to say.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) says that the probe into possible connections between Russia and President Trump's election "seems to be a criminal investigation now."
Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!

Cheshire Cat

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 07:26:50 PM »

Trump-Russia probe now includes possible cover-up, Congress is told

WASHINGTON - Investigators into Russian meddling in the U.S. presidential elections are now also probing whether White House officials have engaged in a cover-up, according to members of Congress who were briefed Friday by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

That avenue of investigation was added in recent weeks after assertions by former FBI Director James Comey that President Donald Trump had tried to dissuade him from pressing an investigation into the actions of Trump's first national security adviser, retired Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, members of Congress said, though it was not clear whom that part of the probe might target.

Even as members of Congress were mulling over the expansion of the case into possible cover-up, and its reclassification from counterintelligence to criminal, the scandal appeared to grow. The Washington Post reported Friday afternoon that federal investigators were looking at a senior White House official as a "significant person of interest." The article did not identify the official, though it noted that the person was "someone close to the president."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-russia-probe-now-includes-possible-cover-up-congress-is-told/ar-BBBjwju?ocid=ob-fb-enus-280

Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!

I-10east

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 02:59:34 AM »
Muh popular vote. Muh collusion. Muh resist. Muh impeachment.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 05:40:08 AM »
I can only imagine the outrage that *certain* posters would be venting if it came to light that the Clinton campaign had 18 secret meetings with people associated with the Russian government (and had denied it).

People seem to have a major blind spot when it comes to "their" candidate.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 07:00:19 AM »
I can only imagine the outrage that *certain* posters would be venting if it came to light that the Clinton campaign had 18 secret meetings with people associated with the Russian government (and had denied it).

They sure do...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 08:13:04 AM »

They sure do...

It's great you can admit it, BT. Maybe I "misunderestimated" you.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 09:00:44 AM »

They sure do...

We all should be able to admit it... because it is true of all of us.
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 09:22:23 AM »

They sure do...

We all should be able to admit it... because it is true of all of us.

I agree - we can all (or mostly all) be accused of unintentionally overlooking our biases.

That said, it seems that some people can be willfully blind. I find it odd that many of the same people who wrap themselves in the flag and claim others hate their country, etc are completely unconcerned about allegations of Russian interference in the US Presidential election.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 10:11:21 AM »

I agree - we can all (or mostly all) be accused of unintentionally overlooking our biases.

That said, it seems that some people can be willfully blind. I find it odd that many of the same people who wrap themselves in the flag and claim others hate their country, etc are completely unconcerned about allegations of Russian interference in the US Presidential election.

about as odd as that many of the same people that wrap themselves in a blanket of obstructionist/influence Trump rage  were "completely unconcerned" about foreign bought influence and obstruction with the Clintons. And there are never ending examples for both Rep/Dem. Of course, most of the biased clowns would only be aware of examples of one side:)

Long ago I accepted that the  combination of the apathetic and both sides' "willfully blind" is getting us the government we deserve. On the bright side, it is amazingly profitable.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 10:24:01 AM »

about as odd as that many of the same people that wrap themselves in a blanket of obstructionist/influence Trump rage  were "completely unconcerned" about foreign bought influence and obstruction with the Clintons. And there are never ending examples for both Rep/Dem. Of course, most of the biased clowns would only be aware of examples of one side:)

Long ago I accepted that the  combination of the apathetic and both sides' "willfully blind" is getting us the government we deserve. On the bright side, it is amazingly profitable.

Reminds me of a discussion my wife and I were having yesterday. There are a lot of, "but her emails" memes going around now. I, personally, don't see the point. I found - and still find - Clinton's emails to be a concern (and I find many other issues re Clinton to be even more concerning). The fact that Trump is possibly a criminal doesn't change that.

vicupstate

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 10:34:12 AM »
Clinton's emails showed bias and collusion between her campaign and the DNC hierarchy. Sanders' campaign clearly suffered because of that and her campaign benefited. Doing so violates the understood and expected behavior that a party should treat all it's candidates fairly during the nomination process. However there is no law that states they must do so. The DNC and HRC's behavior was unethical but it was not illegal.

What else in her emails rises to the level of collusion with a foreign power to influence a national election?       
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2017, 10:39:32 AM »

Reminds me of a discussion my wife and I were having yesterday. There are a lot of, "but her emails" memes going around now. I, personally, don't see the point. I found - and still find - Clinton's emails to be a concern (and I find many other issues re Clinton to be even more concerning). The fact that Trump is possibly a criminal doesn't change that.

I actually think it is funny that "her emails" is what generates the "most buzz".  I expect the Clintons do too. Cue left wing defending Clinton 1...2...3. Edit---ha ha ha.I couldn't even finish typing.
Now, since I am admittedly paranoid, I will end my participation in these discussions as follows:

Mr Trump: Make America great again!
Mr. Clinton: You were an amazing president!
Mrs Clinton: You are an inspiration to women everywhere!