Author Topic: Old Heart Of Jacksonville Hotel Site  (Read 4898 times)

howfam

Re: Old Heart Of Jacksonville Hotel Site
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 09:13:20 AM »
Being a little older probably than most of you, yes, it was the Heart of Jacksonville Hotel for many years. Stayed there many a day during my 20 year Navy career, in the 70's, and 80's when stationed in Jacksonville. Then it was the Parkview Inn. After that it stayed empty for a long time with drug dealers, addicts, and the homeless staying in the rooms while abandoned.

Thanks for that historical account. Yes, that building suffered the same fate as several other downtown properties did, with drug dealers , homeless etc.; lets hope the new facility will be something we can all be proud of as it makes a long-lived contribution to downtown. 

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (DAMMIT)
    • Music and Personal Info Website
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 03:18:26 PM »
I think it will HOWFAM, I think it will. Jacksonville is changing, finally, ashamed she's changing at a time that I am getting old. I used to hope, when I was younger and you guys' age, that it would spring up and spring back quickly like it finally and now is. Better late than never huh? Just hope we don't get nuked or something, then it's all out the window; "BIG JAX" will be one of the first that they hit unfortunately with the military "plex" here (minus one with cecil going in 99). Hope all the new projects continue forward and come to fruition.
DONATE TODAY TO HELP ALL WHO ARE IN NEED BY CLICKING HERE ON MY MUSIC WEBISTE: http://HTTP://WWW.REVERBNATION.COM/COSTON; ALL PURCHASES ARE DONATIONS TO HELP ALL OF THOSE WHO ARE NEEDY, UNDERPRIVILEGED AND DISADVANTAGED.

howfam

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2017, 01:20:34 PM »
I think it will HOWFAM, I think it will. Jacksonville is changing, finally, ashamed she's changing at a time that I am getting old. I used to hope, when I was younger and you guys' age, that it would spring up and spring back quickly like it finally and now is. Better late than never huh? Just hope we don't get nuked or something, then it's all out the window; "BIG JAX" will be one of the first that they hit unfortunately with the military "plex" here (minus one with cecil going in 99). Hope all the new projects continue forward and come to fruition.

Heights Unknown: I hope you and everyone on the forum got through the hurricane safely. Good post. Yes, it's finally happening for "Big Jax".  However we must be vigilant in watching who we elect to public office. Just one or two of the "old school good ol' boys" who want to turn the clocks back can spell the end to our forward progress (politically nuked). Lets hope and pray that projects like "The District" , and "The Shipyards" are completed as planned, and I'm sure they will encourage similar developments in downtown.