Author Topic: State senator Frank Artiles uses N-word & slurs with Jax colleague Audrey Gibson  (Read 1833 times)

Cheshire Cat

• Diane Melendez is Cheshire Cat
He is going to resign.  His words were an atrocity. 

http://jacksonville.com/news/florida/2017-04-21/frank-artiles-resigning-florida-senate-sources-say

Atrocity?

Oh my.

http://jacksonville.com/news/florida/2017-04-21/frank-artiles-resigning-florida-senate-sources-say

Atrocity?

Oh my.
  Yes, an atrocity.  Definition of atrocious a synonym of atrocity:
:  extremely wicked, brutal, or cruel  (his words were cruel)
:  appalling, horrifying (his words were horrifying and appalling)
a :  utterly revolting (his words were indeed utterly revolting)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 01:28:52 PM by Cheshire Cat »
Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!

Adam White

• Facebook

Atrocity?

Oh my.

Atrocity?

Oh my.
  Yes, an atrocity.  Definition of atrocious a synonym of atrocity:
:  extremely wicked, brutal, or cruel  (his words were cruel)
:  appalling, horrifying (his words were horrifying and appalling)
a :  utterly revolting (his words were indeed utterly revolting)

I'd hate to hear you describe the holocaust or the Armenian genocide!
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

Cheshire Cat

You won't have to Adam.  There are plenty enough descriptors for those historic tragedies already. 
Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!

Adam White

• Facebook
You won't have to Adam.  There are plenty enough descriptors for those historic tragedies already.

You're ridiculous, Diane.

Tacachale

He acted the fool to his Senate colleagues in an especially egregious way in a semi-public space. Stepping down was the only thing to do to avoid further embarrassment for himself, his constituents, and the government. None of this other talk is even relevant; it wasn't going to come to the governor suspending him. There's no voter recall (except through the governor and Senate) and there's no mechanism for kicking someone out of a political party.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Adam White

• Facebook
He acted the fool to his Senate colleagues in an especially egregious way in a semi-public space. Stepping down was the only thing to do to avoid further embarrassment for himself, his constituents, and the government. None of this other talk is even relevant; it wasn't going to come to the governor suspending him. There's no voter recall (except through the governor and Senate) and there's no mechanism for kicking someone out of a political party.

Well, to be honest, I'm very, very rusty on American politics. But I do recall that some American political parties have mechanisms for kicking out members - maybe it's limited to third parties, I have no idea.

He seems like a real piece of work, though I give him credit for not prolonging this and for resigning early in the game.

Cheshire Cat

Not one word in my response is ridiculous. What is ridiculous is your apparent need to level a personal insult in response to a statement you can't undermine with facts or common sense.  It's okay, you can own that because it is your view but certainly not my truth.  The man has resigned as a result of public pressure against unacceptable racist statements about Blacks.  His words were shameful and now he has owned them.  That is all that needs to be said about this now.  He is no longer in the Senate or a representative of Florida and that is a very good thing.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 12:06:21 AM by Cheshire Cat »
Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!

remc86007

This wasn't this guy's only issue. Search "Frank Artiles Punch"...

Adam White

• Facebook

Not one word in my response is ridiculous. What is ridiculous is your apparent need to level a personal insult in response to a statement you can't undermine with facts or common sense.  It's okay, you can own that because it is your view but certainly not my truth.  The man has resigned as a result of public pressure against unacceptable racist statements about Blacks.  His words were shameful and now he has owned them.  That is all that needs to be said about this now.  He is no longer in the Senate or a representative of Florida and that is a very good thing.

Personal insult? Hardly.

Here's the definition of humorous (a synonym of ridiculous):

humorous

ˈhjuːm(ə)rəs/Submit
adjective

causing laughter and amusement; comic.
"a humorous and entertaining talk"

having or showing a sense of humour.
"his humorous grey eyes"

I simply mean I find you amusing.

Cheshire Cat

If a woman like myself speaking from a place of truth, facts and injustice amuses you, so be it Adam.   However as I said earlier, your opinion of me is of no value to the issues or topics at hand which is nothing to be amused by, nor does the commentary qualify as amusing.  Looks like you are trying to fill a sarcastic roll on this forum that many would rather leave empty after years of enduring the same here. :)  Sticking  to the topics and respect for others opinions and views is a much more welcome exchange in my experience. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 01:04:28 PM by Cheshire Cat »
Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!

Adam White

• Facebook
If a woman like myself speaking from a place of truth, facts and injustice amuses you, so be it Adam.   However as I said earlier, your opinion of me is of no value to the issues or topics at hand which is nothing to be amused by, nor does the commentary qualify as amusing.  Looks like you are trying to fill a sarcastic roll on this forum that many would rather leave empty after years of enduring the same here. :)  Sticking  to the topics and respect for others opinions and views is a much more welcome exchange in my experience.

Thanks for wo-mansplaining everything to me, Diane.

Cheshire Cat

You are welcome Adam.  :)
Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!