Author Topic: Bill O'Reilly out at Fox  (Read 4144 times)

Jim

• MetJax
Re: Bill O'Reilly out at Fox
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 09:45:48 AM »
And the average IQ of TV talking heads just rose a few points.

Sad that it took the network losing sponsors, rather than, you know, the actual sexual harassment to give him the boot.

They should have given his time slot to Sheppard Smith.

Jim

• MetJax
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 09:46:20 AM »
That network has done more harm to this country than any ISIS follower could ever imagine doing.

You are an idiot.
That's what all the narrow minded Fox News watchers say.

That's me. I am the narrow minded person who thinks Fox News has not done more harm than ISIS.

He did say to the US.  Not the world in general.

Snaketoz

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 09:50:49 AM »
That network has done more harm to this country than any ISIS follower could ever imagine doing.

You are an idiot.
If you read my statement, I said "to this country".  What happens if America loses sensible healthcare, the environment is destroyed, the education system is destroyed?  Fox News and the current administration is hard at work making sure that happens.  We are doing ISIS's work from within.  We already spend more than any other country on defense, but we need to "rebuild" our military.  We will pull out of the agreements on climate change, not because of any scientific facts, but because of politics.  Rush Limbaugh and O'Reilly know more than scientists.  We will do away with Obamacare.  Not because we have anything better, but because it's Obama's.  We will build a high wall on our Southern border to keep people out, even though just as many bad come through Canada.  We will ban travelers from many Arab countries, but continue to allow people from Saudi Arabia-the country where most 9-11 terrorists were from.  Let's make a point to talk about Obama's vacations and golfing, but overlook Trump's.  And while we are at it, let's complain about the liberal media, and call them fake.  Isis hasn't needed to attack America.  We have Fox and Trump to rot gullible people's minds without the need for travelling to the U.S.  Let's allow Fox and Friend's dream for America take us back to the 18th century.  Brilliant!

That's me. I am the narrow minded person who thinks Fox News has not done more harm than ISIS.

FlaBoy

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 10:10:06 AM »

You are an idiot.

Because ISIS has not inspired any terrorism here in the good old USA...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/17/world/mapping-isis-attacks-around-the-world/

October 20, 2014 -- Martin Rouleau-Couture runs over two soldiers, killing one, outside a government office in Saint-Jean-sur-Richilieu, Quebec. Rouleau-Couture had converted to Islam and expressed support for ISIS online. He may have been responding to ISIS spokesman Abu Muhammad al-Adnani's call to arms, according to the Institute for the Study of War. ISIS mentioned Rouleau-Couture in its English-language magazine Dabiq, claiming the attack resulted from Adnani's call. It also included a picture of Rouleau-Couture in the magazine. The attack is believed to have been inspired by ISIS.
October 22, 2014 -- Gunman Michael Zehaf-Bibeau opens fire at Canada's National War Memorial and Parliament Hill in Ottawa, killing army reservist Cpl. Nathan Cirillo. Zehaf-Bibeau is killed by House of Commons Sergeant-at-Arms Kevin Vickers. Two others, including a security guard, are injured. ISIS mentioned Zehaf-Bibeau in Dabiq, claiming that the attack was the "direct result of (Adnani's) call to action," the Institute for the Study of War reported. The attack is believed to have been inspired by ISIS.
October 23, 2014 -- A man with a hatchet attacks four police officers in New York. Police said the attacker, a U.S. citizen named Zale Thompson, was self-radicalized. Thompson had searched online for information on beheadings, al Qaeda, ISIS and al Shabaab, according to police. ISIS mentioned Thompson in Dabiq, according to the Institute for the Study of War. The attack is believed to have been inspired by ISIS.

May 3, 2015 -- Two men open fire outside a Prophet Mohammed cartoon contest in a Dallas suburb. The gunmen, Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi, wound a security guard before police shoot and kill them. Simpson linked himself to ISIS in a tweet posted before the attack, according to a federal law enforcement source. The keynote speaker at the event was right-wing Dutch politician Geert Wilders, who was on an al Qaeda hit list. At least one of the gunmen appeared to have been in contact with an ISIS operative in Syria via social media. ISIS claimed responsibility, describing the attackers as "soldiers of the caliphate," according to the Institute for the Study of War. The institute described the attack as "ISIS-inspired," and U.S. officials said the group probably was being "opportunistic" in claiming responsibility. The attack is believed to have been inspired by ISIS.

November 4, 2015 -- University of California, Merced, student Faisal Mohammad stabs four people before being shot to death by police. Authorities initially said the attack was simply the work of a disgruntled student, but the FBI concluded four months later that Mohammad had looked at ISIS and other terrorist websites and propaganda before the attack. The agency concluded the attack appeared to be terror-inspired, but said "it may never be possible to definitively determine why he chose to attack people on the UC Merced campus." None of the stabbing victims died.

December 2, 2015 -- Tashfeen Malik and her husband, Syed Rizwan Farook, shoot 14 people to death and injure 21 others at a gathering of local government health workers in San Bernardino, California. Malik and Farook are gunned down in a shootout with law enforcement.
Malik pledged allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on Facebook, three U.S. officials familiar with the investigation told CNN.
The husband-and-wife team had developed extremist views as early as 2013, a time that predates the rise of ISIS, FBI Director Comey has said. And Farook tried to contact other terrorist groups, a senior law enforcement official said.
"Individuals inspired by the Islamic State of Iraq and al Sham (ISIS) and with links to al Qaeda conducted the terrorist attack," according to the Institute for the Study of War. "This attack was the first al Qaeda- or ISIS-related in the U.S. by a skilled shooter team using both guns and explosives." The attack is believed to have been inspired by ISIS.

January 8, 2016 -- A man identified as Edward Archer is arrested after a Philadelphia police officer is shot and wounded. Officer Jesse Hartnett was hit three times and suffered "some very serious injuries that will require multiple surgeries," Philadelphia Police Commissioner Richard Ross said. Despite being seriously injured, Hartnett got out of his patrol car and shot the assailant, who later was apprehended by other officers, Ross said. Archer claims to have committed the attack on ISIS' behalf, telling police: "I pledge my allegiance to the Islamic State, and that's why I did what a did." Archer has a criminal history and impending court appearances. He had traveled to Saudi Arabia and Egypt.

June 12, 2016 -- A gunman killed 49 people at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida. The shooter, Omar Mateen, was killed by police three hours after taking hostages in the club. Mateen was a 27-year old U.S. citizen of Afghan descent who pledged allegiance to ISIS in a 911 phone call during the siege. Subsequent analysis of his computer shows he was also an admirer of al Qaeda cleric Anwar al Awlaki.
President Obama said there was no evidence the attacker was under direction from a terrorist network, or carrying out any group's larger plot. ISIS media outlet Al-Bayan later described Mateen as "one of the soldiers of the Caliphate in America," but the group provided no evidence of communication with the attacker. The attack is believed to have been inspired by ISIS.

I know someone will claim some plausible deniability for ISIS or something because they only inspired these acts but the point is it is rhetoric like this about Fox News being worse than ISIS that has us in the current state of political disfunction that we currently find ourselves as a country. So if Fox News is bad, anyone making statements like that is just as bad. That is my last response to this talk because it is not worth my time.

Snaketoz

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 10:32:10 AM »

You are an idiot.
Anyone can claim that anyone or anything compelled them to do anything, good or evil.  We can kill many native Americans and say it's God's will.  It's the way right wingers think.  They can't imagine anyone having a differing opinion.
What I'm saying is that without healthcare, without a safe environment, without an educated population, just as many people will be wasted.  Everything in this country doesn't have to have a profit motive as the primary reasoning for doing it.  Keeping our citizens healthy and educated is preferable to spending a large portion of our economy on offensive weapons.  We are dependent on foreigners for our healthcare, engineering, and technology fields.  Why can't we educate our own kids to do these things?  Why are right wingers so opposed to public financed education?  With the guise of terrorists from Muslim countries taking over our country, we are allowing performance artists from Fox and the Trump Whitehouse to do to our country what they claim they are preventing. 
I hope you noticed that I have not called you a name.  I leave that to all the right wingers I know.  When they run out of b/s they start the name calling and threats of violence.

Because ISIS has not inspired any terrorism here in the good old USA...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/17/world/mapping-isis-attacks-around-the-world/

October 20, 2014 -- Martin Rouleau-Couture runs over two soldiers, killing one, outside a government office in Saint-Jean-sur-Richilieu, Quebec. Rouleau-Couture had converted to Islam and expressed support for ISIS online. He may have been responding to ISIS spokesman Abu Muhammad al-Adnani's call to arms, according to the Institute for the Study of War. ISIS mentioned Rouleau-Couture in its English-language magazine Dabiq, claiming the attack resulted from Adnani's call. It also included a picture of Rouleau-Couture in the magazine. The attack is believed to have been inspired by ISIS.
October 22, 2014 -- Gunman Michael Zehaf-Bibeau opens fire at Canada's National War Memorial and Parliament Hill in Ottawa, killing army reservist Cpl. Nathan Cirillo. Zehaf-Bibeau is killed by House of Commons Sergeant-at-Arms Kevin Vickers. Two others, including a security guard, are injured. ISIS mentioned Zehaf-Bibeau in Dabiq, claiming that the attack was the "direct result of (Adnani's) call to action," the Institute for the Study of War reported. The attack is believed to have been inspired by ISIS.
October 23, 2014 -- A man with a hatchet attacks four police officers in New York. Police said the attacker, a U.S. citizen named Zale Thompson, was self-radicalized. Thompson had searched online for information on beheadings, al Qaeda, ISIS and al Shabaab, according to police. ISIS mentioned Thompson in Dabiq, according to the Institute for the Study of War. The attack is believed to have been inspired by ISIS.

May 3, 2015 -- Two men open fire outside a Prophet Mohammed cartoon contest in a Dallas suburb. The gunmen, Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi, wound a security guard before police shoot and kill them. Simpson linked himself to ISIS in a tweet posted before the attack, according to a federal law enforcement source. The keynote speaker at the event was right-wing Dutch politician Geert Wilders, who was on an al Qaeda hit list. At least one of the gunmen appeared to have been in contact with an ISIS operative in Syria via social media. ISIS claimed responsibility, describing the attackers as "soldiers of the caliphate," according to the Institute for the Study of War. The institute described the attack as "ISIS-inspired," and U.S. officials said the group probably was being "opportunistic" in claiming responsibility. The attack is believed to have been inspired by ISIS.

November 4, 2015 -- University of California, Merced, student Faisal Mohammad stabs four people before being shot to death by police. Authorities initially said the attack was simply the work of a disgruntled student, but the FBI concluded four months later that Mohammad had looked at ISIS and other terrorist websites and propaganda before the attack. The agency concluded the attack appeared to be terror-inspired, but said "it may never be possible to definitively determine why he chose to attack people on the UC Merced campus." None of the stabbing victims died.

December 2, 2015 -- Tashfeen Malik and her husband, Syed Rizwan Farook, shoot 14 people to death and injure 21 others at a gathering of local government health workers in San Bernardino, California. Malik and Farook are gunned down in a shootout with law enforcement.
Malik pledged allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on Facebook, three U.S. officials familiar with the investigation told CNN.
The husband-and-wife team had developed extremist views as early as 2013, a time that predates the rise of ISIS, FBI Director Comey has said. And Farook tried to contact other terrorist groups, a senior law enforcement official said.
"Individuals inspired by the Islamic State of Iraq and al Sham (ISIS) and with links to al Qaeda conducted the terrorist attack," according to the Institute for the Study of War. "This attack was the first al Qaeda- or ISIS-related in the U.S. by a skilled shooter team using both guns and explosives." The attack is believed to have been inspired by ISIS.

January 8, 2016 -- A man identified as Edward Archer is arrested after a Philadelphia police officer is shot and wounded. Officer Jesse Hartnett was hit three times and suffered "some very serious injuries that will require multiple surgeries," Philadelphia Police Commissioner Richard Ross said. Despite being seriously injured, Hartnett got out of his patrol car and shot the assailant, who later was apprehended by other officers, Ross said. Archer claims to have committed the attack on ISIS' behalf, telling police: "I pledge my allegiance to the Islamic State, and that's why I did what a did." Archer has a criminal history and impending court appearances. He had traveled to Saudi Arabia and Egypt.

June 12, 2016 -- A gunman killed 49 people at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida. The shooter, Omar Mateen, was killed by police three hours after taking hostages in the club. Mateen was a 27-year old U.S. citizen of Afghan descent who pledged allegiance to ISIS in a 911 phone call during the siege. Subsequent analysis of his computer shows he was also an admirer of al Qaeda cleric Anwar al Awlaki.
President Obama said there was no evidence the attacker was under direction from a terrorist network, or carrying out any group's larger plot. ISIS media outlet Al-Bayan later described Mateen as "one of the soldiers of the Caliphate in America," but the group provided no evidence of communication with the attacker. The attack is believed to have been inspired by ISIS.

I know someone will claim some plausible deniability for ISIS or something because they only inspired these acts but the point is it is rhetoric like this about Fox News being worse than ISIS that has us in the current state of political disfunction that we currently find ourselves as a country. So if Fox News is bad, anyone making statements like that is just as bad. That is my last response to this talk because it is not worth my time.

I-10east

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 12:18:01 AM »

LOL, that would be like MSNBC letting go Maddow and making room for Hannity; no chance in hell unless FNC wanna lose it's core audience. Tucker Carlson is the perfect man for that 8pm spot. I honestly don't know why Shep is with FNC; he should go to MSNBC or CNN.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 12:21:25 AM by I-10east »

bill

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 01:27:33 AM »

LOL, that would be like MSNBC letting go Maddow and making room for Hannity; no chance in hell unless FNC wanna lose it's core audience. Tucker Carlson is the perfect man for that 8pm spot. I honestly don't know why Shep is with FNC; he should go to MSNBC or CNN.

Because Shep is not a clown

spuwho

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2017, 08:15:23 AM »

Because Shep is not a clown

Shep was at his best post Katrina. He walked the flooded streets with a live crew to interview people. Best reporting in the field I have seen in awhile.

Didnt see Maddow, Pelley,  Brian Williams came later.

Unfortunately he spends a lot of time behind the prompter.

The days of Morley Safer and Dan Rather in fatigues reporting from the front are long gone. After Bob Simon was captured by the Iraqis, most network field reporters lost their mojo.

Lara Logan was the last one who actually took a risk.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2017, 09:12:56 AM »
I haven't been following this. So what did he do this time?

Sexual harassment of multiple women, that both he and the network reached settlements on.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/19/business/media/bill-oreilly-fox-news-allegations.html

Wow.  I read through a few of the allegations yesterday.  I'm amazed that a guy in front of the camera like O'Reilly has such weak game and respect for women in the 21st century.  I've never followed him much but figured he'd be more polished.  Instead he sounds like a big creep.  If this represents "fair and balanced" I'd hate to see what being unbalanced equates too!

Another former regular guest, Wendy Walsh, recently accused O’Reilly of propositioning her in 2013 to come up to his Los Angeles hotel suite after a dinner in which he promised to help her obtain a contributor deal with Fox News.

After Walsh said she rebuffed his advances, O’Reilly allegedly became irate, threatening her career, and even insulting her black leather purse. Though she continued to appear on the show for several more months, Walsh recalled feeling her Fox News career prospects slipping away. She never became a Fox News contributor.

On Monday, another accuser, represented by lawyer Lisa Bloom claimed O’Reilly called her “hot chocolate” (she is black) and would grunt and leer at her in the workplace.

Additionally, former Fox News commentator Andrea Tantaros, who is in the middle of a legal battle with the network over alleged Ailes harassment, claimed in her lawsuit that O’Reilly had made unwanted advances on her, including inviting her out to his Long Island home where he said it would be “very private.”

The conservative pundit’s therapist backed the claims, recalling “a number of occasions when Andrea complained to me about recurring unwanted advances from Bill O’Reilly.”
Full article: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/19/choking-harassing-and-loofahs-women-s-allegations-against-bill-o-reilly-piled-up-for-years-before-his-demise.html

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/oreilly-falafel-suit-turns-five?page=15
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:14:44 AM by thelakelander »
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Cheshire Cat

• Diane Melendez is Cheshire Cat
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2017, 03:37:25 PM »

Sexual harassment of multiple women, that both he and the network reached settlements on.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/19/business/media/bill-oreilly-fox-news-allegations.html

Wow.  I read through a few of the allegations yesterday.  I'm amazed that a guy in front of the camera like O'Reilly has such weak game and respect for women in the 21st century.  I've never followed him much but figured he'd be more polished.  Instead he sounds like a big creep.  If this represents "fair and balanced" I'd hate to see what being unbalanced equates too!

Another former regular guest, Wendy Walsh, recently accused O’Reilly of propositioning her in 2013 to come up to his Los Angeles hotel suite after a dinner in which he promised to help her obtain a contributor deal with Fox News.

After Walsh said she rebuffed his advances, O’Reilly allegedly became irate, threatening her career, and even insulting her black leather purse. Though she continued to appear on the show for several more months, Walsh recalled feeling her Fox News career prospects slipping away. She never became a Fox News contributor.

On Monday, another accuser, represented by lawyer Lisa Bloom claimed O’Reilly called her “hot chocolate” (she is black) and would grunt and leer at her in the workplace.

Additionally, former Fox News commentator Andrea Tantaros, who is in the middle of a legal battle with the network over alleged Ailes harassment, claimed in her lawsuit that O’Reilly had made unwanted advances on her, including inviting her out to his Long Island home where he said it would be “very private.”

The conservative pundit’s therapist backed the claims, recalling “a number of occasions when Andrea complained to me about recurring unwanted advances from Bill O’Reilly.”
Full article: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/19/choking-harassing-and-loofahs-women-s-allegations-against-bill-o-reilly-piled-up-for-years-before-his-demise.html

Right there with you Ennis.  I am hearing that there are some more serious allegations about him coming up soon, worse that already alleged.  Will be interesting to see if those manifest and what they are.  O'Reilly did walk away with 25 million via a deal he had recently cut with Fox.  Some are saying that his forced departure was actually driven by the loss of revenue via advertisers which is believable considering they have not gotten rid of him long before now and apparently paid out big to cover other accusations while he worked there.
Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2017, 03:57:19 PM »

Right there with you Ennis.  I am hearing that there are some more serious allegations about him coming up soon, worse that already alleged.  Will be interesting to see if those manifest and what they are.  O'Reilly did walk away with 25 million via a deal he had recently cut with Fox.  Some are saying that his forced departure was actually driven by the loss of revenue via advertisers which is believable considering they have not gotten rid of him long before now and apparently paid out big to cover other accusations while he worked there.

Another atrocity!
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

spuwho

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2017, 09:10:05 PM »
It's pretty clear the guy couldn't get a legitimate date.

Now the question people are asking is, which women of Fox actually went for his schitck in order to stick around?

I can only think of one female reporter who was a semi-regular on O'Reilly and still works at Fox.

Tacachale

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2017, 09:43:31 AM »
O'Reilly's a bad guy. He's an old school predator and it appears there was a culture of that in the organization's higher ranks - sadly this was the norm in the media and entertainment industries for a long time. But it seems like we've finally gotten to the point where the public no longer overlooks it like we used to. At least in some cases.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

NotNow

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2017, 11:13:48 AM »
I'm just glad that people now realize that using professional power to harass and coerce sex is wrong...always.  When a predator is identified he or she should be recognized as such and not defended. 
Deo adjuvante non timendum

Cheshire Cat

• Diane Melendez is Cheshire Cat
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2017, 01:08:18 PM »
I'm just glad that people now realize that using professional power to harass and coerce sex is wrong...always.  When a predator is identified he or she should be recognized as such and not defended. 
Agree!
Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!