Author Topic: Women Put These Between Your Legs and Build Up Your Mind  (Read 4726 times)

Cheshire Cat

• Diane Melendez is Cheshire Cat
Re: Women Put These Between Your Legs and Build Up Your Mind
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2017, 12:06:52 PM »
hence the new term "man-splaining".  We as a society, especially those like William who are want to serve themselves up as concerned and involved citizens need to change the negative and disrespectful way in which women are framed, spoken to and about with regard to all human issues and most especially with regard to issues that impact us. 

Speaking of the negative and disrespectful way in which people of a gender are framed:

From Wikipedia
Many people consider the term [mansplaining] to be pejorative, sexist and patronizing to men. Its use remains controversial and
people who use it may find themselves categorized as sexist and a misandrist
Wikipedia explanations/definitions can be posted by anyone. My guess is this one was posted by a man. :) To most women man-splaining is when a man decides to speak to women's issues and has no understanding of the issue or that his comments are patronizing or when a woman makes a statement of fact and man put's his spin on that fact to suit his agenda.  That is what  my use of the word meant and means when I use it. 
This is actually the universally accepted definition as follows:

man·splain
manˈsplān/
verbinformal
gerund or present participle: mansplaining
(of a man) explain (something) to someone, typically a woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizing.
"I'm listening to a guy mansplain economics to his wife"
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 12:08:40 PM by Cheshire Cat »
Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!

Gunnar

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2017, 02:39:06 PM »
A definition I rather often came across is "a man interrupting a woman to explain to her something she actually knows more about than he does."

So "stupid explaining" = mansplaining ?

But I'm sure you can explain to me why I am getting that wrong  ;)
I want to live in a society where people can voice unpopular opinions because I know that as a result of that, a society grows and matures...” — Hugh Hefner

Cheshire Cat

• Diane Melendez is Cheshire Cat
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2017, 03:06:01 PM »
It's not important that I explain anything to you beyond what I said Gunnar.  You can believe what you like.  I posted the most widely accepted definition of what that word means.  People can decide for themselves what they feel about it. :) 
Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!