Author Topic: Hyperion Brewing: Grand Opening May 19th  (Read 8037 times)

Bill Hoff

Hyperion Brewing: Grand Opening May 19th
« on: March 30, 2017, 05:30:53 PM »
NEWS RELEASE

Jacksonville, Florida - March 28, 2017 - Hyperion Brewing Company announces it’s grand opening is scheduled for Friday, May 19, 2017 in historic Springfield. This will be Jacksonville’s first Nano-Brewery. The new brewery will serve a variety of beer styles, traditional and innovative, on a 1BBL system, ensuring there is an offering for each guest to enjoy.

A Nielson Household Panel Survey stated the primary reason consumers purchase craft beer is to experiment with different styles or flavors. In response to that survey, Hyperion Brewing will serve a rotating tap list without a “core” group of beers. “We prefer flights to flagships. We believe in freedom of choice.” Owner, Alexandra McKeown says, “Our goal is to let the public decide what our core beers should be. We will use our POS system data and feedback from guests in the taproom to determine which beers to distribute in the future.”

The Grand Opening will kick off on Friday, May 19 with a ribbon cutting ceremony at 4:30 p.m. Doors will officially open at 5:00 p.m. with the first fifty guests set to receive a free branded flight glass and ticket for a free beer at a later date. Springfield based Eddis and Sons Food Truck will be in attendance to serve up legitimate, Philadelphia-style cheese steaks. The opening also leads directly into the Historic Springfield Tour of Homes hosted by SPAR, Springfield Preservation and Revitalization, on Saturday, May 20 and Sunday, May 21 from Noon – 5:00 p.m. Hyperion Brewing will be open during the Tour of Homes.

Hyperion Brewing will have fifteen taps, however, there will be a limited selection of it’s own beers available. “We’ll be brewing at a break-neck pace to have as many of our beers ready for the grand opening as possible,” says Head Brewer Troy. The brewery will offer Crowler cans to allow guests to take beer off-premise. Patrons can purchase up to two Crowlers per person during the grand opening weekend.

The Jax Beer Bus has partnered with Hyperion Brewing Company to make transportation from the beaches area to the brewery safe and convenient. The Jax Beer Bus will pick up from Green Room Brewing Company at 4:30 p.m., 6:15 p.m., and 7:30 p.m. All guests must be 21 years or older. Tickets are $15.00 round-trip and include a ticket for a free beer from Hyperion Brewing Company at a later date. The Jax Beer Bus will be BYOLB, “Bring Your Own Local Beer.”

For more information please email info@hyperionbrewing.com or call (904) 612-3987.

http://hyperionbrewing.com/news/2017/3/30/grand-opening-announcement

remc86007

Re: Hyperion Brewing: Grand Opening May 19th
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 05:54:37 PM »
I can't wait! I'll be there for the opening.

Kiva

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 06:20:57 PM »
NEWS RELEASE

Hyperion Brewing will have fifteen taps, however, there will be a limited selection of it’s own beers available. “We’ll be brewing at a break-neck pace to have as many of our beers ready for the grand opening as possible,” says Head Brewer Troy.
For more information please email info@hyperionbrewing.com or call (904) 612-3987.

http://hyperionbrewing.com/news/2017/3/30/grand-opening-announcement

When I made homebrew it took 2 weeks at a minimum to go from starting a batch to drinking it. Let's hope they have several of those "nanobrew" setups available!

Cheshire Cat

• Diane Melendez is Cheshire Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 05:01:39 PM »

Lots of excitement last night at Hyperion's pre-opening party for family and friends.  The grand opening is still scheduled for Friday 5/19/2017 at 5:00 PM.  The first 50 people in the door will receive a free limited edition "Hyperion" beer glass.  Eddiss and Son's food truck will be on site serving up super good Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches. They will also feature local artisans by providing gallery space for their artwork.  Really terrific young folks behind this endeavor and the person running the show is a beautiful young woman named Alexandra "Alex" McKeown, a former graduate of Douglass Anderson School of the Arts who after traveling with a stage production throughout Spain has now returned to her hometown to start up a brewery with another former DA student who is the brewmaster. .  Several of the staff are also DA alumni, including my son who will be the Bar Manager, a second job for him but one he did not want to miss working to make this new endeavor great alongside his friends.  It's exciting to know that some of Jacksonville's best and brightest have decided to be a part of Jacksonville's vibrant community and the revitalization of Springfield. Be there and enjoy a great atmosphere with some original brews to be featured on a regular basis.   

« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 02:18:09 PM by Cheshire Cat »
Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 09:15:23 PM »
The place looks great.  I look forward to seeing it in person when I'm back in town.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

remc86007

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 09:30:45 PM »
I'll be there! I can't wait.

Snaketoz

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 08:19:10 AM »
I look forward to visiting Hyperion Brewing soon.

Tacachale

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 09:32:02 AM »
I'm excited for this. I had their beer at a tasting at Beer:30 several months ago, and it was impressive. The space looks amazing.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Cheshire Cat

• Diane Melendez is Cheshire Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 05:27:28 PM »

Okay Kids, Hyperion is up and running.  First 50 in the door get the really cool etched flight glass in the picture and a wooden nickle for a free beer.  Go, and have fun!

1740 North Main Street.   Open today 5:00 to 10:00 PM.  :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:29:29 PM by Cheshire Cat »
Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!

remc86007

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 09:32:16 PM »
I was only five people too late for the free glass:(

The brewery is great. I really like the outdoor area out back. Also, social grounds new location is wonderful.

MusicMan

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 09:14:52 AM »
Went with a friend to Hyperion last night. Walked in the door at 10:02 PM.  There were about a dozen folks in there enjoying their beers.

The owner/bartender would not serve us. Tapped his watch and said, "Sorry, closed at 10."

It will be a long time before I go back....................................
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 11:17:40 AM by MusicMan »

Tacachale

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 10:59:56 AM »
Went to Hyperion last night. Walked in the door at 10:02 PM.  There were about a dozen folks in there enjoying their beers.

The owner/bartender would not serve us. Tapped his watch and said, "Sorry, closed at 10."

Cool story.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

FlaBoy

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 11:18:51 AM »
Went to Hyperion last night. Walked in the door at 10:02 PM.  There were about a dozen folks in there enjoying their beers.

LOL. Were you going to pound your beer to make sure you didn't hold everybody up?

MusicMan

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2017, 11:27:28 AM »
Almost everyone had a full glass. Last call had happened 7 minutes before.

Anyway, a new business and customers walk in. The place pretty full. I'm 100% certain none of those folks was leaving in the next 5 minutes.

Pretty certain if a 'friend' had walked in he would have been served.

Too many choices in Jax craft beer to treat a person that way.  Not to worry, I found a place that took my money.

strider

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2017, 11:38:47 AM »
Almost everyone had a full glass. Last call had happened 7 minutes before.

Anyway, a new business and customers walk in. The place pretty full. I'm 100% certain none of those folks was leaving in the next 5 minutes.

Pretty certain if a 'friend' had walked in he would have been served.

Too many choices in Jax craft beer to treat a person that way.  Not to worry, I found a place that took my money.

I believe they must stop serving at 10 PM by law.  If it was indeed after that, then as a new business, how are they to know of someone undercover was watching and would bust them for even 2 or 3 minutes? I suspect the hard fought process to get their licenses will keep them a bit "letter of the law" for a bit. 
"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake and they live in a state of constant total amazement." Patrica, Joe VS the Volcano.