Author Topic: $75M Gateway Village at Town Center will include apartments, hotel, office and..  (Read 1235 times)

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
By Karen Brune Mathis, Managing Editor

Developers hope to break ground by the start of summer on Gateway Village at Town Center, launching a $75 million project meant to be complementary to — not competitive with — St. Johns Town Center.

City Council enacted Ordinance 2017-40 for the Gate Parkway Mixed-Use Village Planned Unit Development on Tuesday, paving the way for the 18.5-acre project.

The land, long the subject of speculation about potential uses, is at the southwest intersection of Gate Parkway and Deerwood Park Boulevard, next to the main campus for Deutsche Bank. It is south of Butler Boulevard from Town Center.

Developer Chris Morgan said Thursday the mixed-use village is designed as a neighborhood service.

Full article: http://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/showstory.php?Story_id=549556
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

remc86007

I wonder what the traffic improvements are and if they'll actually help. I imagine whatever improvements the $1.4 million will buy will, at best, offset the additional traffic caused by the new development.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
^A stoplight and a left turn lane.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Jim

• MetJax
300 units on about 5 acres.  But how many floors?

Steve

• Metro Jacksonville
^A stoplight and a left turn lane.

Got it - that will solve everything over there.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities

Probably four or five floors tops...

Jim

• MetJax

Probably four or five floors tops...

5 floors would suggest either very large apartments, a lot of open non-living space or a surface parking lot.

220 Riverside is 300 apartments on 2 acres and 7 floors.

Glenn VL

What a coup and a boon for the area!!!

Kerry

I used to live just a stone's throw from this new development and I am so thankful I sold that house.  Traffic has been beyond crappy for years and with this and IKEA I shudder to think how bad it is going to be.

Now if Jax ever wanted to build a monorail, this is an area that could use it.  Run it down Gate Pwky from Tinseltown to IKEA and on Town Center Drive to UNF.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 11:10:58 PM by Kerry »
Third Place