Author Topic: Inside the Cowford Chophouse  (Read 17174 times)

pears045

Re: Inside the Cowford Chophouse
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2017, 03:35:08 PM »
Just booked a reservation for the 26th...hope it opens. 

Chaz1969

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2017, 11:34:27 PM »
TU article confirms 26th opening and has an odd bit about "concerns" with building's foundation:
http://jacksonville.com/metro/2017-10-19/cowford-chophouse-open-oct-26
DeYoung said the renovation has resolved the major foundation problems that existed when Klempf bought the building. The foundation is fine now, but Klempf, working with an engineering firm, is concerned that the foundation “could be compromised over time,” DeYoung said.

Jagsdrew

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2017, 09:45:54 AM »
Booked my reservation too for opening night. Looks like there is not many more reservations available for Thursday night via Open Table.
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

acme54321

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2017, 12:13:11 PM »
TU article confirms 26th opening and has an odd bit about "concerns" with building's foundation:
http://jacksonville.com/metro/2017-10-19/cowford-chophouse-open-oct-26
DeYoung said the renovation has resolved the major foundation problems that existed when Klempf bought the building. The foundation is fine now, but Klempf, working with an engineering firm, is concerned that the foundation “could be compromised over time,” DeYoung said.

There was talk a while back about a JEA stormwater vault or something under/adjacent to the building that they say is causing the fountation problems.  Klempf was mad that the city wouldnt address it while they already had the corner all torn up.  Something like that.... ish.

KenFSU

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2017, 12:29:27 AM »
Man, she's looking BEAUTIFUL.

That rooftop view is going to be amazing at night:

http://jacksonville.com/business/food-and-dining/2017-10-20/look-inside-cowford-chophouse

http://news.wjct.org/post/early-look-downtown-jacksonville-s-cowford-chophouse

On a side note, love how many rooftop bars have popped up or are popping up downtown and in the surrounding areas. Black Sheep. Hoptinger. Burrito Gallery. River & Post. Cowford. Intuition. And another planned for the Trio.
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2017, 07:22:19 PM »
On a side note, love how many rooftop bars have popped up or are popping up downtown and in the surrounding areas. Black Sheep. Hoptinger. Burrito Gallery. River & Post. Cowford. Intuition. And another planned for the Trio.

Very very true. I remember when Black Sheep opened up and it was THE ONLY ONE IN TOWN.

San Marco could use one. I've been on that rooftop at Indochine and it's nice. Too bad...maybe something on Atlantic Blvd once East San Marco opens. ha. ha. ha

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2017, 07:34:42 PM »
East San Marco? Ha ha, maybe Fuddruckers will have one too!
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2017, 08:43:02 AM »
With a heavy heart, I canceled our primo reservation time for Saturday night as I had forgotten it was Georgia/Florida week. We had once ate at Ruth's in a similar situation and vowed never again.

And with our upcoming  extended Charleston trip, it will be weeks before we will go! Life is so unfair. No, I don't need any tears (although I appreciate the sentiment) but some updates from the early diners would be nice.

On a positive note, Cowford is now in the better position of going second in its 'Meato a Meato' competition  against Halls Chophouse in Charleston.

acme54321

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2017, 08:51:09 AM »
They appeared to be open in some capacity (soft opening probably) yesterday when I went by, looked pretty busy too.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2017, 09:19:56 AM »
Nice. The reservation activity on Open Table has been incredible so they should be very busy the next few weeks.

I am not worried about the interior or the food but just hope the service is excellent so the early impressions are great.

Jagsdrew

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2017, 09:26:35 AM »
I'll be there tonight, will give updates Fri morning.
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

Jim

• MetJax
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2017, 09:32:31 AM »
With a heavy heart, I canceled our primo reservation time for Saturday night as I had forgotten it was Georgia/Florida week. We had once ate at Ruth's in a similar situation and vowed never again.
Out of curiosity, what was wrong with it?  I've eaten there on the southbank several times and have never been even close to disappointed.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2017, 09:50:05 AM »
Out of curiosity, what was wrong with it?  I've eaten there on the southbank several times and have never been even close to disappointed.

Sorry,   I wasn't clear. We are regulars at that Ruth's and always have an outstanding experience from the restaurant and have a great relationship with management/staff.

However, when we ate there around a Florida/Georgia game we were surrounded by drunk/hungover yahoos. We are probably considered snobs, but when paying north of $300 for a meal, no thanks to taking that chance again. And not that there's anything wrong with drunk/hungover yahoos. We just don't want to be with them in that environment :)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 09:59:48 AM by sanmarcomatt »

remc86007

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2017, 09:50:44 AM »
I have reservations for this Sunday. Anybody know what the acoustics are like? The atrium style has me worried that it might be loud. Hopefully not.

02roadking

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2017, 09:59:11 AM »
Saturday night at 7ish. We'll see.  ::)
Springfield since 1998