Author Topic: New restaurant in Springfield: The Cookbook  (Read 1291 times)

Bill Hoff

New restaurant in Springfield: The Cookbook
« on: January 18, 2017, 02:04:18 PM »
"Springfield resident bringing new eatery to neighborhood

While driving by an empty storefront in a historic building on North Pearl Street in Springfield, Brandon Byers’ mind reverted back to a painting he saw in a department store of a bustling café.

That painting now hangs in Byers’ latest venture, The Cookbook Restaurant, which is set to open later this month at 1827 N. Pearl St.

Byers, a Springfield resident, is no stranger to food service as his family has owned and operated Bj’s Grocery on the Northside for the last 40 years.

He’s also the owner of Enfinity Entertainment, a catering company that services public and private functions throughout Jacksonville.

“I’ve always liked food service and making sure guests were happy,” he said. “I grew up cooking with my family and I wanted a restaurant that offered the southern cooking I learned at home.”

Byers added, “People always ask where I was trained and I learned everything from standing at the foot of my family members and watching them cook.”

When it came to choosing the location for his restaurant, Byers said Springfield was a natural choice.

“Springfield has always been a happy place,” he said. “The community has been so supportive and it’s better than anything I’ve ever felt before.”

After he purchased the storefront, Byers opened up the space to include a dining room, lounge area and bar as well as a small stage for live entertainment."

More: http://jacksonville.com/town/2017-01-18/springfield-resident-bringing-new-eatery-neighborhood

remc86007

Re: New restaurant in Springfield: The Cookbook
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 01:20:58 AM »
This is great. Is there any indication when it will open?

Bill Hoff

Re: New restaurant in Springfield: The Cookbook
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 12:26:52 PM »
Update: the owner just installed the kitchen hood.

He's hopeful to be open by the holidays.