Author Topic: Why the Right Now Loves Putin  (Read 4650 times)

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
Re: Why the Right Now Loves Putin
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 12:41:32 PM »
Regardless... nothing in the article indicates anything remotely resembling love...

Apparently you've never heard of click bait.

Lol... apparently... ouch...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Tacachale

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2017, 12:53:16 PM »
I wish there was an option to keep National Politics off the front page.

The endless Putin/Trump posts push local stories down quickly.

Or at least confine them to one thread.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Murder_me_Rachel

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 01:03:18 PM »
I'm pretty sure it can be summed up as: Obama doesn't like Putin/Russia and has taken a stance against Russian imperialistic actions; ergo, GOP likes Russia.  If you had told any present rand file GOP'er (whether voter or Congressperson) in 2008 that they'd be championing Russia and/or Putin, they'd had laughed you out of the room.  Hell, that probably goes the same up until around the end of 2014.

Kerry

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 01:39:57 PM »
Conclusion: Russian government influenced US election.

Well, even your boy now accepts it:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-cyber-idUSKBN14S0O6

If so, then he has seen documented evidence that none of us have seen.  If it turns out, Russia was behind it then so be it.  So what do we do about it?  The answer is simple - stop lying to the American people in public while being despicable behind the scenes.  Then no matter how much hacking and email revelations are done, they would be consistent with the public stance.  No more "we need two versions" stuff.  Honesty is the best policy and if HRC was honest, she might be President-elect.
Third Place

finehoe

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 01:48:47 PM »
Honesty is the best policy and if HRC was honest, she might be President-elect.

Perhaps.  But since Trump does nothing but lie, it suggests that honesty may not be that important to the electorate.

Tacachale

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 02:06:48 PM »
I wish there was an option to keep National Politics off the front page.

The endless Putin/Trump posts push local stories down quickly.

Or at least confine them to one thread.

meh. it fluctuates. in a few weeks the majority of the threads will be about one of the historic neighborhoods and then those guys can complain about all the attention.

The problem is that this isn't all a simple 'trump' issue.

Its multiple things going on all at the same time, most of which deserve attention on their own.

Besides for the majority of our readers the face of site isn't our front page.

We don't need 3 threads on Putin active at the same time. Most readers are probably not looking at the forum, but for those of us that do, the high number of new threads bogs things down, especially when they're not on local topics.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

avonjax

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 06:20:11 PM »
Let me just say this. You Trumpsters have elected the biggest liar in the history of American politics. He has lied about EVERYTHING! I personally believe nothing he says. We are about to see the most corrupt administration in our history. I find it impossible to believe that anyone would say Hillary was in bed with Wall Street when Trump is attempting to appoint the most disgusting people on the planet and are Wall Street. He certainly  has "drained the swamp" and is trying to fill it with vipers. Elitist in a bad sense doesn't begin to describe these people. We peasants are screwed! Maybe that million dollars a day it is going to cost to allow queen Melania to stay in New York doesn't bother you but it makes me crazy. When are all the hypocrites who scream about abusing tax payers dollars going to rear their ugly heads? Oh that's right you were completely taken by Trumps brainwashing. EVERY single person I know that voted for Trump is a hypocrite. I guess I don't get out enough to find those who aren't.

Gunnar

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2017, 12:50:10 PM »
Honesty is the best policy and if HRC was honest, she might be President-elect.

Perhaps.  But since Trump does nothing but lie, it suggests that honesty may not be that important to the electorate.

Sadly, I believe the electorate thinks that all politicians lie. Makes me think of "The Market for Lemons: Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism"

Murder_me_Rachel

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2017, 03:06:22 PM »
Finehoe: If you arent listening to the Chapo Trap House podcast, you should be.  From your posts, I think you'd dig it.

finehoe

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2017, 03:19:33 PM »
I'll check it out!  Thanks for the heads-up.

aldermanparklover

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 01:48:00 AM »
Let me just say this. You Trumpsters have elected the biggest liar in the history of American politics. He has lied about EVERYTHING! I personally believe nothing he says. We are about to see the most corrupt administration in our history. I find it impossible to believe that anyone would say Hillary was in bed with Wall Street when Trump is attempting to appoint the most disgusting people on the planet and are Wall Street. He certainly  has "drained the swamp" and is trying to fill it with vipers. Elitist in a bad sense doesn't begin to describe these people. We peasants are screwed! Maybe that million dollars a day it is going to cost to allow queen Melania to stay in New York doesn't bother you but it makes me crazy. When are all the hypocrites who scream about abusing tax payers dollars going to rear their ugly heads? Oh that's right you were completely taken by Trumps brainwashing. EVERY single person I know that voted for Trump is a hypocrite. I guess I don't get out enough to find those who aren't.

A Trump presidency is proof positive that good or bad, America is still a country where anyone can govern. Public service is supposed to be a civic duty, not a career path for power and wealth AND not an ordained group of people. If HRC had been elected, it would have meant that in 28 years of presidential elections or 7 election cycles we would have had a father and son and husband and wife president - that smells a lot like the monarchy we rejected 240 years ago.

Besides HRC is rotten to the core - with a public record of lying, coercion, cheating, unethical and immoral behavior going back to her service on the Watergate judiciary committee.

You should be more angry that the DNC cheated you out of an honest primary by colluding with the clinton campaign than Trump getting elected - I firmly believe that had Martin O'Malley run against Trump, he would have won instead but we were never given that choice.

finehoe

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2017, 06:54:43 AM »
A Trump presidency is proof positive that good or bad, America is still a country where anyone can govern.

Getting elected and governing are two very different things, as we are about to find out.

...a public record of lying, coercion, cheating, unethical and immoral behavior...

LOL.  How does that phrase not describe Trump?