Author Topic: From Russia With Love.....  (Read 1618 times)

DBCaulfield

From Russia With Love.....
« on: January 07, 2017, 03:07:02 AM »
So, as we all know, Lyin' Trump (to borrow a friend’s term – let’s just call him LT from here on out) received the official, Top Secret report on the Russian hack operation today. Not only did he receive the actual report, he was also given a briefing to walk him through it.  After the briefing, LT issued a statement on the report that what the NSA/CIA/FBI now believe Russia did (as they most certainly haven’t proven it to LT yet) had ".....absolutely no effect on the outcome of the election.....".

Now, my first thought was: how can you possibly confirm that? I mean, the final report said one of the key areas of the Russian operation amounted to a propaganda campaign.

Let’s think about that for a minute. Propaganda typically = an attempt to influence people's actions by influencing their thoughts. Selected information (whether real facts, created lies, or a combo of the two) is distributed to the designated target group, with the plan that it may result in a desired action. Some of those targets believe the information and perform the desired action. Some of the believers influence others around them to believe and perform the desired action as well. Some of the targets don't believe the information, and don’t change anything or influence anyone. How could you possibly quantify that? Did the NSA/CIA/FBI interview every voter to find out why they voted as they did? Don’t think so – nobody talked to me anyway.

So, it's another case of LT exaggerating something to an absolute that really isn't. No big deal; it’s not like we haven’t seen that kind of thing from LT before.

The problem is - if you cross-reference LT's statement back to the actual report text - you find out that it's really something MUCH worse. An all-out, blatant, to-our-face lie. The actual intelligence report did not even attempt to quantify any potential impacts on the election - a fact that is stated quite clearly in the report.

In other words, what we have here is proof positive that our new President is clearly capable of looking us all right in the eye, and then proceeding to tell us a bald-faced lie. He states there was ".....absolutely no effect on the outcome of the election.....," but nobody ever told him that. Also, as we’ve already discussed – assuming LT understands what the word “propaganda” means and how it works – it would be impossible for LT to make that statement with any reasonable degree of accuracy.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: LT will never admit to any form of wrongdoing re: the 2016 election whatsoever. It wouldn’t matter if Colin Powell, Chuck Norris, Jesus, and Chris Kyle’s re-animated corpse all showed up with video of Putin himself at the keyboard – the DNC info showing on his screen with an “uploading to WikiLeaks” status bar showing. LT still wouldn’t admit to any Russian interference in the election.

Now, there may be any of several different reasons for this. Since we’ve still never seen LT’s taxes, he may have received an entire one of his purported billions for servicing Putin sexually. I mean we could never expect LT to say anything negative about his favorite john after all.

I tend to think there’s a much simpler explanation though. If LT admits to Russian interference, he invalidates his entire presidency before it even actually gets started.

One thing you can easily infer from LT’s history – whether he cheated to get something or not – it would gall him to the core to have to admit he cheated, as that would prove he didn’t earn it. LT wants everyone to think he earned everything he’s ever gotten - up-to-&-including his presidency. No cheating, no help from Daddy, no backroom special deals to curry his favor. Besides, anyone that’s ever attempted it unsuccessfully knows there’s nothing worse about cheating, than getting caught doing it (how embarrassing). Personally, I have absolutely no doubt LT most probably learned that lesson a long time ago.
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more Republicans happy?

MusicMan

Re: From Russia With Love.....
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 10:35:34 AM »
WJCT is running an interesting one hour show on LT  ( I prefer calling him Pres KGB). It's informative, FACTUAL,  and not a political hit job.

It will certainly give you an idea of what the world is in store for. This will not end well.

finehoe

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 08:47:00 AM »
Trump mentioned Wikileaks 164 times in last month of election, now claims it didn’t impact one voter

President-elect Trump says that information published by Wikileaks, which the U.S. intelligence community says was hacked by Russia, had “absolutely no effect on the outcome of the election.” This was not the view of candidate Trump, who talked about Wikileaks and the content of the emails it released at least 164 times in last month of the campaign.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-mentioned-wikileaks-164-times-in-last-month-of-election-now-claims-it-didnt-impact-one-40aa62ea5002#.v9w4klgle

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 08:58:16 AM »
Wha???  I thought Assange... Snowden et al were figures to be applauded for stealing and publishing private and classified information.   :o ::)

A few short months ago these assholes were hero's... apparently now not so much...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

finehoe

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 09:08:44 AM »
Just because you thought that doesn't make it true.

mbwright

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 09:10:57 AM »
LT will never admit to any form of wrongdoing.  This is the way he works, and has for his entire life.  Nothing is ever his fault, and if he does not like it, it must be wrong, since he knows more to begin with.  I don't think he should be told anything.  better off in the dark.

DBCaulfield

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 10:25:19 AM »
Re: Assange - correct, he WAS a hero - when we were all stupid enough to think everything on WikiLeaks was uploaded by a whistle-blower. Now we're all smart enough to know that some of the stuff on WikiLeaks was uploaded by other entities. Further, we also know that some of these uploads were done for the purpose of manipulating various world events for an outcome more towards these entities' liking. Our eyes have been opened - revealing a tarnished image for both WikiLeaks AND Assange.
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more Republicans happy?

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 10:33:42 AM »
Re: Assange - correct, he WAS a hero - when we were all stupid enough to think everything on WikiLeaks was uploaded by a whistle-blower. Now we're all smart enough to know that some of the stuff on WikiLeaks was uploaded by other entities. Further, we also know that some of these uploads were done for the purpose of manipulating various world events for an outcome more towards these entities' liking. Our eyes have been opened - revealing a tarnished image for both WikiLeaks AND Assange.

He might not be a hero to the woman or women he raped.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

finehoe

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 11:25:11 AM »

Alleged rape.  As far as I know, he hasn't been convicted of that crime.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 12:33:32 PM »

Alleged rape.  As far as I know, he hasn't been convicted of that crime.

Thanks, genius. Or should I say, alleged genius?
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 12:37:59 PM »
Is he a hero for publishing allegedly stolen emails?
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

aldermanparklover

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 01:57:34 AM »
Unless Russia or any other foreign country changed the votes as recorded or prevented people from voting, it's fair game. Information (if genuine) is information.

If anything, whoever hacked podesta's and the DNC's emails should win a Pulitzer for investigative journalism - something that was severely lacking by the msm when it came to clinton et al.

Besides, if the dems hadn't been caught riding dirty, those leaked emails wouldn't have been news. However, they were good enough and bad enough to get donna brazile fired from cnn.