Author Topic: Aldi coming to Regency/Arlington area?  (Read 1826 times)

Carolyn

Aldi coming to Regency/Arlington area?
« on: January 05, 2017, 08:40:50 AM »
I heard a while ago..I don't even remember where now,
 that they were planning an Aldi for this area.  Has anybody heard anything?

aldermanparklover

Re: Aldi coming to Regency/Arlington area?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 07:40:42 PM »
I heard a while ago..I don't even remember where now,
 that they were planning an Aldi for this area.  Has anybody heard anything?

Have not heard but I hope not - They're not so great, at least not compared to Winn Dixie (Harvey's) and Fresh Field. Although I'd prefer Aldis to Publix any day

acme54321

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 08:49:45 PM »
Although I'd prefer Aldis to Publix any day

First time I've heard that one  :o

aldermanparklover

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 09:15:29 PM »
Although I'd prefer Aldis to Publix any day

First time I've heard that one  :o

I don't know why people are so hung up over Publix - we moved from SC and Publix was building up there and everyone was so excited they were coming in. But their prices are insanely high for what they offer.

Have you tried Lucky's, down Atlantic in Jax Beach? That place is great - a grocer based out of Colorado - well worth the drive.

Carolyn

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 07:40:44 AM »
I have not tried Lucky's but I want to go by. 

Aldi is Great imo If you do not like it do not shop there. The current option on Southside Blvd is a trip but worth it.  They do not have a huge selection but the products are quite good.

Publix has great selection for groceries but their meat and produce imo is not great. 

Winn Dixie has not so great selection of groceries but their meat and produce are great ...again imo.

I will give Harvey's one more chance but I bought a few things at T-Giving to try it out and I was not impressed. For example I bought a bag of cranberries and half of them were soft and mushy and rotten...I know sometimes a yucky product gets by quality control lol. Made me think they sell what other stores have passed on...not that that is a bad thing for some items ...I was just very disappointed when I started to make my cranberry sauce.  The turkey I got however was excellent!!!!  That is why I'll give them another chance.

Oooooh yep Fresh Fields is good too.

I am by no means an extreme couponer but with the right coupons Publix is not too expensive.

aldermanparklover

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 06:36:30 PM »
I have not tried Lucky's but I want to go by. 

Aldi is Great imo If you do not like it do not shop there. The current option on Southside Blvd is a trip but worth it.  They do not have a huge selection but the products are quite good.

Publix has great selection for groceries but their meat and produce imo is not great. 

Winn Dixie has not so great selection of groceries but their meat and produce are great ...again imo.

I will give Harvey's one more chance but I bought a few things at T-Giving to try it out and I was not impressed. For example I bought a bag of cranberries and half of them were soft and mushy and rotten...I know sometimes a yucky product gets by quality control lol. Made me think they sell what other stores have passed on...not that that is a bad thing for some items ...I was just very disappointed when I started to make my cranberry sauce.  The turkey I got however was excellent!!!!  That is why I'll give them another chance.

Oooooh yep Fresh Fields is good too.

I am by no means an extreme couponer but with the right coupons Publix is not too expensive.

BTW, don't forget IGA on the corner of Beach and Southside - we haven't been to that one and don't know if there are others but the produce is supposed to be good

Btw, went to Lucky's today - just bought size 13-15 Shrimp on sale, $6.99 / lb and chicken lobster tails, $5.99 ea and some specialty cheeses on sale that they had samples of  ;D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 06:38:25 PM by aldermanparklover »