Author Topic: Abandoned Florida: The Claude Nolan Cadillac Building  (Read 1792 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Abandoned Florida: The Claude Nolan Cadillac Building
« on: January 02, 2017, 02:30:01 PM »
Abandoned Florida: The Claude Nolan Cadillac Building

Bullet of Abandoned Florida provides us with a rare look inside one of Florida's first automobile dealerships: The Claude Nolan Cadillac Building

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2017-jan-abandoned-florida-the-claude-nolan-cadillac-building

JaxJersey-licious

Re: Abandoned Florida: The Claude Nolan Cadillac Building
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 12:22:02 AM »
I'm surprised that the inside appears to be in OK shape. Was expecting to look like the old Park View Inn in its final days. So much potential for this building.

MusicMan

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 09:45:34 PM »
Looks a lot like Churchwell Lofts prior to that renovation.

Who owns it, and is it for sale?

cowford

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 10:59:57 PM »
Wow.  What a cool space.  I remember it being up for demolition a couple of years ago and am happy to see that it is still there.  It's protected now, right?

JaxNative68

• Be obscure clearly
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 10:43:33 AM »
great building, so much potential. although, the pin up wall with the viewing chair is a little disturbing. you might want to disinfect that area prior to renovation. lol

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 10:47:00 AM »
Isnt that area contaminated?  I seem to remember a MJ article about this area needing remediation before anything can be done there...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

MusicMan

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 09:40:59 AM »
Contaminated? Yes. Spoke with someone related to the owners yesterday, and there is a long running dispute over who will clean up the site. It runs underneath the now gone hotel immediately next door. The hope is it will qualify as an EPA Superfund Clean up site.  If we still have an EPA that is.  This was site of a gas lamp manufacturing company (?) and coal ash was dumped here for decades.

acme54321

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 07:55:44 PM »
It was a coal gassification plant.  They produced the gas that lit the streetlights from coal there.