Author Topic: Jacksonville Armada in trouble?  (Read 22032 times)

Tacachale

Re: Jacksonville Armada in trouble?
« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2017, 11:27:11 AM »
Looks to me like Robert Palmer is taking a page out of Ron Sholes' playbook and using a ninth-tier professional sports franchise as a marketing arm of his business. The Jacksonville Giants for years have been nothing but marketing for "You Hurt We Fight." Sholes gives away the tickets to school kids with parents in his target demographic, then covers the arena with ads for his firm and his quack doctor buddies. The Giants don't sell tickets, but it doesn't matter because he probably only needs one settlement out of the 5,000 freebie tickets he gives out for each game to break even.

Palmer must be hoping he can finance the first homes of all these millennial, europhile hipsters who think they're being all cultural and stuff.

Lol. He's been 100% up front about using the team to market his business. The money he's invested is also head and shoulders beyond what Ron Sholes did with the Giants. I'm also not sure what a "europhile hipster", Millennial or otherwise, would be doing at a lower-division American soccer game. They'd be at the bar watching Barthelona.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2017, 11:44:54 AM »
Looks to me like Robert Palmer is taking a page out of Ron Sholes' playbook and using a ninth-tier professional sports franchise as a marketing arm of his business. The Jacksonville Giants for years have been nothing but marketing for "You Hurt We Fight." Sholes gives away the tickets to school kids with parents in his target demographic, then covers the arena with ads for his firm and his quack doctor buddies. The Giants don't sell tickets, but it doesn't matter because he probably only needs one settlement out of the 5,000 freebie tickets he gives out for each game to break even.

Palmer must be hoping he can finance the first homes of all these millennial, europhile hipsters who think they're being all cultural and stuff.

Lol. He's been 100% up front about using the team to market his business. The money he's invested is also head and shoulders beyond what Ron Sholes did with the Giants. I'm also not sure what a "europhile hipster", Millennial or otherwise, would be doing at a lower-division American soccer game. They'd be at the bar watching Barthelona.

Yeah he's talked about his reasoning and his vision countless times. He's working on getting television deals with dozens of markets around the country to make the Armada America's team (and by extension America's mortgage company) but don't know how successful that will be. On the surface he seems like an amazing owner.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2017, 12:00:09 PM »

I don't know...there's something about putting on a scarf in 100 degree weather and pretending to be Frodo Baggins.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

ben says

« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2017, 10:30:08 AM »
They'd be at the bar watching Barthelona.

So, so accurate.
For luxury travel agency & concierge services, reach out at jax2bcn@gmail.com - my blog about life in Barcelona can be found at www.lifeinbarcelona.com (under construction!)