Author Topic: Jacksonville Armada in trouble?  (Read 18421 times)

fsquid

Re: Jacksonville Armada in trouble?
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2017, 04:51:48 PM »
It will be intersting to see what the crowds will be.  UNF is certainly closer for the kids in its youth academy.

Rynjny

« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2017, 09:51:48 PM »
Ryan

Snaketoz

« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2017, 03:41:54 PM »
Ryan Palmer of RP Funding

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2017, 04:16:15 PM »
Go Polk County!
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

tufsu1

« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2017, 05:44:45 PM »

do you mean Robert Palmer?

Tacachale

« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2017, 08:08:09 PM »
Interesting. Apparently a group associated with the USL (the other D2 league) was looking here as well.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

KenFSU

« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2017, 08:52:32 PM »
Will continue beating this drum...

From the article, RP is paying $5 million in naming rights for the LAKELAND CENTER, and we continue to refuse to monetize ours.
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

pierre

« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2017, 08:48:00 AM »
Will continue beating this drum...

From the article, RP is paying $5 million in naming rights for the LAKELAND CENTER, and we continue to refuse to monetize ours.

It is really nonsensical that the city won't do it.

Same with the baseball grounds.

Snaketoz

« Reply #98 on: July 17, 2017, 09:18:38 AM »

do you mean Robert Palmer?
Yes, thank you.  It is Robert.  "Hi, I'm Robert Palmer".

jlmann

« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2017, 04:57:40 PM »
KEN YOU DAMN COMMIE!!!

THIS IS THE US OF A WHERE WE BREAK INTO PAVLOVIAN PATRIOTIC JUBILATION AT MENTION OF THE HALLOWED WORD 'VETERAN.'

LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT BRO

FlaBoy

« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2017, 05:32:17 PM »
It will be intersting to see what the crowds will be.  UNF is certainly closer for the kids in its youth academy.

This question has been answered. I think it was the right move for financial stability with costs being cut from renting the Baseball Grounds and only a small down tick in attendance.

The club has since moved its home games to the University of North Florida’s Hodges Stadium, drawing an average of 3,044 fans in its eight home games in 2017. That’s a decrease of about 13 percent from last year.

remc86007

« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2017, 05:50:02 PM »
Perhaps we probably could (at least help) finance a medium sized soccer stadium if we sold the naming rights to the arena...

I think a decrease of only 13% considering the less central location and increasing age of the franchise isn't bad.

FlaBoy

« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2017, 06:00:35 PM »
It will be interesting to see if there were any stipulations for Robert Palmer in keeping the team as NASL moving forward rather than being able to move to the USL.

Tacachale

« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2017, 06:31:42 PM »
Perhaps we probably could (at least help) finance a medium sized soccer stadium if we sold the naming rights to the arena...

I think a decrease of only 13% considering the less central location and increasing age of the franchise isn't bad.

The attendance had already fallen from almost 8k the year before that. The real cause was a decrease in marketing.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

pierre

« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2017, 08:06:08 AM »

I don't see how the Armada survive without a new venue. But I don't anybody lining up to pay for it, regardless of naming rights.