Author Topic: Bold Bean In San Marco Opens  (Read 3060 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Bold Bean In San Marco Opens
« on: October 24, 2016, 09:05:01 AM »
Bold Bean In San Marco Opens

The beloved Jacksonville Coffeehouse and Roastery officially expanded into San Marco today when it opened its doors in San Marco.

Read More: http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2016-oct-bold-bean-in-san-marco-opens

sanmarcomatt

Re: Bold Bean In San Marco Opens
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 11:42:51 AM »
I went this morning and it certainly did not disappoint. They did a great job with the interior. Unfortunately, they cannot have outdoor seating yet due to  to max seating/# of parking spaces. Sometimes I think we are just being trolled by the City of Jacksonville.

It certainly was busy and I expect it to be very successful. The transformation of Hendricks Ave gets another brick added.

Tacachale

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 01:40:51 PM »
Excellent news, excellent addition.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 01:13:18 PM »
I thought this was an interesting update today considering there has been outdoor seating for months:

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/benco-dental-supply-to-build-out-at-tradeport

Bold Bean OK’d for outside seating in San Marco

Bold Bean Retailers Inc. is adding outdoor seating at the Bold Bean Coffee Roasters shop at 1905 Hendricks Ave.

The Jacksonville Planning Commission approved a zoning exception for Bold Bean, which sought permission for outside seating to comprise eight seats among four tables.

There will be no outside service. Customers would order at the counter inside and take their beverages and food outside.

Bold Bean leases the shop space from LCTurner LLC.

The seating would be in a small, fenced, outdoor patio overlooking Hendricks Avenue.

The application states that several other Hendricks Avenue restaurants offer outdoor seating, “which enhances the ambiance of the San Marco neighborhood, as well as enhances the customer experience.”

Also known as Bold Bean Coffee Roasters, the company opened the shop in 2016.

Tacachale

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 01:50:16 PM »
^It's frustrating that it took so long. Our zoning needs a serious update.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 02:46:11 AM »
I thought this was an interesting update today considering there has been outdoor seating for months:

Well we weren't allowed to bring our beers to that seating. So I figure it will be allowed once this is complete.

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 08:05:53 AM »
Correct, exception was for the outdoor sale/service of alcohol... which is not something that is not a 'by-right' use (it's permissible via exception). Additionally there was another exception due to the location's distance from a church.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 08:42:11 AM »
I love the smell of a good parking controversy in the morning.

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/san-marco-coffee-shop-neighbors-at-odds-over-parking

JBTripper

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 10:06:34 AM »
I shudder at the thought of how much everyone's lawyer is getting paid over 2, MAYBE 4 parking spaces.

Jagsdrew

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 03:21:05 PM »
Watches from a distance...*sips coffee*

If we got a quarter for every parking issue, we can park at the street level for days.

Twitter: @Jagsdrew

JBTripper

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 04:01:22 PM »
The real issue is so very clearly not related to parking. Bold Bean already has tables outside... you don't have to drive two cars to drink a beer out there.

You may also note that nobody seems concerned over where the office furniture store customers are going to park, but Flying Iguana was run out of San Marco on a rail... I don't think it was their guacamole.

MusicMan

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 09:04:15 PM »
The Pastor states the obvious: raze the POS building that Turner owns adjacent to the showroom.  It's a no-brainer and will make the long term viability of the beautifully refurbished building they share with BB complete.  Result: plenty of parking for both businesses and an eyesore removed.