Author Topic: Major Change at Regency as Belks becomes the "Impact Church"  (Read 4280 times)

spuwho

Re: Major Change at Regency as Belks becomes the "Impact Church"
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2016, 06:30:17 PM »
Well, if it really was a purchase and not just taking over a lease, there goes another $8 million plus off the tax rolls. Seems to me that since churches enjoy fire and police protection they ought to contribute to the cost somehow.

I wouldnt be stunned if there are religious entities who do absolutely nothing to give back to the community, but its not common.

If you believe that, then I've got a bridge to sell you.

Oh, such a cynic. :)

Name the bridge and the price.

Do a random survey and call 100 NFP's in greater Duval County and ask them how they give back to their community.  I would love to see the results, no matter what they show.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2016, 02:16:50 AM »
Well, if it really was a purchase and not just taking over a lease, there goes another $8 million plus off the tax rolls. Seems to me that since churches enjoy fire and police protection they ought to contribute to the cost somehow.

I wouldnt be stunned if there are religious entities who do absolutely nothing to give back to the community, but its not common.

If you believe that, then I've got a bridge to sell you.

Oh, such a cynic. :)

Name the bridge and the price.

Do a random survey and call 100 NFP's in greater Duval County and ask them how they give back to their community.  I would love to see the results, no matter what they show.

I am sure there are a lot of churches that 'give back' - though usually it has strings attached. But a number of churches have a history of charitable work (the RC church springs to mind). Unfortunately, a number of the newer churches that focus on the so-called 'prosperity gospel' are not so bothered.

I don't see why churches shouldn't have their charitable activites be tax-exempt (as long as those activities aren't tied to evangelism). But only the income used on charitable works should be tax exempt.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

mtraininjax

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2016, 07:12:03 AM »
There can never be enough pizza or sushi in Jacksonville.

Don't forget the Hamburger, made famous with so many burger joints around town.

Big box stores going under, creating great places for churches, is this the omen that Sleiman needed?

Tear down the Landing Mr. Sleiman, do it now, fix it before it too becomes a large church.
And, that $115 will save Jacksonville from financial ruin. - Mayor John Peyton

“This is a game-changer. This is what I mean when I say taking Jacksonville to the next level.”
-Mayor Alvin Brown on new video boards at Everbank Field

stephendare

• truth beauty art and love
    • MetroJacksonville
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 11:56:06 AM »
There can never be enough pizza or sushi in Jacksonville.

Don't forget the Hamburger, made famous with so many burger joints around town.

Big box stores going under, creating great places for churches, is this the omen that Sleiman needed?

Tear down the Landing Mr. Sleiman, do it now, fix it before it too becomes a large church.

A giant church on the river might be a good thing.  Maybe Boyd Bettis' congregation.
And now abide faith, hope and love; these three, but the greatest of these is love

aldermanparklover

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 08:01:52 PM »
What a waste ... both materially and spiritually

JECJAX

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2017, 08:54:20 AM »
Anyone know what's going on with the huge pile of dirt on the west side of the Connector?

Lennar is building homes on the dunes now they are started a second section and have started clearing the other land that had started condo development back in 2004 on the northside of Lone Star for more construction.  This influx of residences could spark some regrowth in the area.