Author Topic: Baptist Health Plans Massive DT Expansion  (Read 5628 times)

spuwho

Re: Baptist Health Plans Massive DT Expansion
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2016, 12:15:41 PM »
Anybody heard anything positive about incorporating some retail in the design off Palm or Prudential?

Also, with all the vacancies at the Aetna Building, making it mixed use with a hotel would make a lot of sense with it's beautiful location and the lack of hotels nearby.

How close is "nearby"?

The Lexington and Crowne Plaza are a couple blocks away.  Technically the Omni on the Northbank is a Skyway stop away.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2016, 12:53:29 PM »
The garage has been approved without retail and the cancer center under construction won't have much, if any, as well. Also, there are five Southbank/Northern San Marco hotels within a two Skyway station ride.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

FlaBoy

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2016, 01:02:38 PM »
The garage has been approved without retail and the cancer center under construction won't have much, if any, as well. Also, there are five Southbank/Northern San Marco hotels within a two Skyway station ride.

Not having retail makes absolutely no sense. I mean, Baptist is building that garage one way or another, and everyone continues to be short sighted.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2016, 01:08:15 PM »
The DDRB approved the retail-less design within the last month or so. Perhaps they'll include some retail when they add the medical tower next to it.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 07:52:38 AM »
Ground has broken on the construction of the garage project. Drove by it this morning.

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 10:50:50 AM »
Still no safe connection to the current San Marco Skyway station. Perhaps the expansion will accommodate those forced to play Frogger?

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 10:58:40 AM »
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

FlaBoy

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2017, 11:03:51 AM »
^ LOL. That is pretty awesome.

blfair

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2017, 12:40:02 PM »
I love how the signs for the parking garage construction advertise it as multi-level.

Isn't a non-multi-level parking garage a.... parking lot?

Jim

• MetJax
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2017, 03:12:33 PM »
I love how the signs for the parking garage construction advertise it as multi-level.

Isn't a non-multi-level parking garage a.... parking lot?
What do you call that single level covered parking facility attached to your home?

blfair

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2017, 11:11:18 AM »
You mean my horseless carriage shed?!

Ok, you've got me there... I thought "parking garage" was synonymous with multistory parking structures.

Jim

• MetJax
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2017, 11:48:02 AM »
You mean my horseless carriage shed?!

Ok, you've got me there... I thought "parking garage" was synonymous with multistory parking structures.
The most basic distinction is that lots are usually uncovered while garages are a structure (either by themselves or built into a larger facility).  Granted they are most often seen in a multi-level configuration, they can be a single level.