Author Topic: Jollibee coming to Jax!  (Read 13304 times)

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
Re: Jollibee coming to Jax!
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 03:45:51 AM »
I love Pollo Tropical, but certainly will try this place.  Friends and I would pick a new place to eat once a month.

spuwho

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2017, 08:50:37 AM »
^True. Now if you can get a Bonchon to Jax I will be forever grateful. (I know, you said you're not into fried chicken lol)

https://bonchon.com

I dont hate fried chicken, i just dont like 2 things about most.

Lousy batter, overly greasy.

Monroes has great tenders, home made batter from scratch, but isnt the same as regular chicken.

Its hard to find that good combo anymore.

KFC is so greasy and homogenized now, gave them up many years ago.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 09:17:22 AM »
Well KFC (Korean Fried Chicken) might suit you just fine then. Not greasy. Amazing batter.

spuwho

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2017, 09:40:42 PM »
Well KFC (Korean Fried Chicken) might suit you just fine then. Not greasy. Amazing batter.

I see there is Bonchon in Chinatown in Chicago now and one going up in Orlando.  I will check it out.

JaxNole

• Riverside Community Gardens
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2017, 08:49:24 AM »
The Chickenjoy and palabok are my staples! Waiting to indulge in their halo-halo when it gets warmer.

My friends in Orlando, Tampa, and Fort Lauderdale are SCREAMING that they should have been the first to get a Jollibee.

::sips my future halo-halo::

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2017, 08:53:12 AM »
This should help...

In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

JaxJersey-licious

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2017, 03:59:09 PM »
^^^^^ While the menus a very helpful guide to those new to Jolliebee, keep in mind that's their basic menu and that they're always offering new and different items just like your typical fast food franchise. If you feel the need to check it out and you're a Jollibie nube, I suggest you don't go to the drive-thru, go in and don't be afraid to strike up a conversation with people in line, ask questions, get suggestions.

Remember, many people are really excited about this place and would be glad to guide you. They shouldn't find you annoying or nosey, plus it can save you time when you place your orders. Just have an open mind, a little patience, and hopefully you see why this is a nice addition to Jacksonville's cultural scene.

spuwho

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2017, 06:21:25 PM »
We tried to go into Jollibee tonight, but the lines for dinner were just too long. We will try again later.

JaxNole

• Riverside Community Gardens
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2017, 06:37:31 PM »
As if Jollibee Jacksonville being the pirst in Plorida wasn't enough, L&L Hawaiian Barbecue will be opening next month in the other Little Manila on Argyle Forest! These Pacific establishments are opening up shop faster than a Balikbayan box arrives stateside from PI.

https://www.hawaiianbarbecue.com/locations/

JaxJersey-licious

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2017, 08:00:50 PM »
As if Jollibee Jacksonville being the pirst in Plorida wasn't enough, L&L Hawaiian Barbecue will be opening next month in the other Little Manila on Argyle Forest! These Pacific establishments are opening up shop faster than a Balikbayan box arrives statesidePI from PIstateside.

FIFY...now that's fast!  ;)

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2017, 08:10:34 PM »
As if Jollibee Jacksonville being the pirst in Plorida wasn't enough, L&L Hawaiian Barbecue will be opening next month in the other Little Manila on Argyle Forest! These Pacific establishments are opening up shop faster than a Balikbayan box arrives stateside from PI.

Loco Moco an Spam musubi brah...  8)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2017, 08:39:46 PM »
^Is that place a PI establishment originally or Filipino-influenced Hawaiian establishment?

spuwho

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2017, 11:28:16 PM »
Per the JDR:

http://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/showstory.php?Story_id=549569

Jollibee welcomes 3,000 customers on first day in Jacksonville

Asia’s largest restaurant company by market capitalization prepared Friday for its Saturday grand opening in Jacksonville with candles, prayers, blessings, a traditional coin toss and a song-and-dance by its mascot.

Jollibee Foods Corp. also rolled out a big bucket of Chickenjoy, its signature menu item, for guests to photograph at its Florida flagship fast-food restaurant at southwest Atlantic and Kernan boulevards.

Taste-testing ensued from smaller buckets of fried chicken passed around the crowd for the “Chickenjoy toast” and later at the buffet line.

“It’s about time. It’s a long wait,” said Dr. Mel Carbonell, a physician and the president of the Filipino-American Community Council of Northeast Florida.

“Jollibee represents the Philippines,” he said.

On Saturday morning, about 150 customers lined up by the 7 a.m. opening, with Westside resident Helen De Nardis at the front of the line with her daughter, son and grandson.

“We want to be part of history,” she said.

De Nardis moved from the Philippines to Chicago and then Jacksonville.

The family set up near the front door at 2 a.m., she said. “We’ll be here a lot. I don’t mind driving.”

Jollibee said 3,000 customers came through on opening day.

The restaurant is the largest fast-food chain brand in the Philippines, where it operates more than 950 stores.

Along with its other brands, Jollibee Foods Corp. operates more than 3,000 stores globally.

Dapperdan

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2017, 10:30:00 AM »
Has anyone been yet without a huge line? I stopped by on Saturday and said no way. As far as I can tell they don't even have their drive thru open yet due to crowds wrapping around the building. They may definitely need a second Jax location to ease the pressure.

bartmanmlv

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2017, 10:42:41 AM »
Decided against my sister's advice to go on a Saturday afternoon, but it was about 1:45 til I got in, not the 3 hrs experience she'd been seeing.
Wonder if it's better on a weekday. Two things that were on the outside electronic menu that they said the didn't have: macaroni soup, and halo halo (boo).
But the chicken was hot and delicious, and the gravy rice was crazy good. I had the peach and mango pies for the first time--Awesome! Just like the Mcdonalds used to have fried pies but with two kinds of fruit in it. Jollibee's is better.