Author Topic: Jollibee coming to Jax!  (Read 8090 times)

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
Re: Jollibee coming to Jax!
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 03:45:51 AM »
I love Pollo Tropical, but certainly will try this place.  Friends and I would pick a new place to eat once a month.

spuwho

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2017, 08:50:37 AM »
^True. Now if you can get a Bonchon to Jax I will be forever grateful. (I know, you said you're not into fried chicken lol)

https://bonchon.com

I dont hate fried chicken, i just dont like 2 things about most.

Lousy batter, overly greasy.

Monroes has great tenders, home made batter from scratch, but isnt the same as regular chicken.

Its hard to find that good combo anymore.

KFC is so greasy and homogenized now, gave them up many years ago.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 09:17:22 AM »
Well KFC (Korean Fried Chicken) might suit you just fine then. Not greasy. Amazing batter.

spuwho

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2017, 09:40:42 PM »
Well KFC (Korean Fried Chicken) might suit you just fine then. Not greasy. Amazing batter.

I see there is Bonchon in Chinatown in Chicago now and one going up in Orlando.  I will check it out.

JaxNole

• Riverside Community Gardens
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2017, 08:49:24 AM »
The Chickenjoy and palabok are my staples! Waiting to indulge in their halo-halo when it gets warmer.

My friends in Orlando, Tampa, and Fort Lauderdale are SCREAMING that they should have been the first to get a Jollibee.

::sips my future halo-halo::

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2017, 08:53:12 AM »
This should help...

In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

JaxJersey-licious

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2017, 03:59:09 PM »
^^^^^ While the menus a very helpful guide to those new to Jolliebee, keep in mind that's their basic menu and that they're always offering new and different items just like your typical fast food franchise. If you feel the need to check it out and you're a Jollibie nube, I suggest you don't go to the drive-thru, go in and don't be afraid to strike up a conversation with people in line, ask questions, get suggestions.

Remember, many people are really excited about this place and would be glad to guide you. They shouldn't find you annoying or nosey, plus it can save you time when you place your orders. Just have an open mind, a little patience, and hopefully you see why this is a nice addition to Jacksonville's cultural scene.

spuwho

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2017, 06:21:25 PM »
We tried to go into Jollibee tonight, but the lines for dinner were just too long. We will try again later.

JaxNole

• Riverside Community Gardens
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2017, 06:37:31 PM »
As if Jollibee Jacksonville being the pirst in Plorida wasn't enough, L&L Hawaiian Barbecue will be opening next month in the other Little Manila on Argyle Forest! These Pacific establishments are opening up shop faster than a Balikbayan box arrives stateside from PI.

https://www.hawaiianbarbecue.com/locations/

JaxJersey-licious

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2017, 08:00:50 PM »
As if Jollibee Jacksonville being the pirst in Plorida wasn't enough, L&L Hawaiian Barbecue will be opening next month in the other Little Manila on Argyle Forest! These Pacific establishments are opening up shop faster than a Balikbayan box arrives statesidePI from PIstateside.

FIFY...now that's fast!  ;)

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2017, 08:10:34 PM »
As if Jollibee Jacksonville being the pirst in Plorida wasn't enough, L&L Hawaiian Barbecue will be opening next month in the other Little Manila on Argyle Forest! These Pacific establishments are opening up shop faster than a Balikbayan box arrives stateside from PI.

Loco Moco an Spam musubi brah...  8)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2017, 08:39:46 PM »
^Is that place a PI establishment originally or Filipino-influenced Hawaiian establishment?