Author Topic: Regency Mall coming back?  (Read 6293 times)

dos0711

Re: Regency Mall coming back?
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2016, 10:34:24 AM »
Personally, I'd like to see Regency Square Mall demo'd and the parcel re-purposed.

aldermanparklover

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2017, 07:38:19 PM »
Personally, I'd like to see Regency Square Mall demo'd and the parcel re-purposed.

Personally I have mixed feelings about your statement BUT you may not be far off from the truth...

manasia

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2017, 08:13:05 PM »

This might not be a bad idea.
The race is not always to the swift,
Nor the battle to the strong,
Nor satisfaction to the wise,
Nor riches to the smart,
Nor grace to the learned.
Sooner or later bad luck hits us all.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2017, 08:18:46 PM »
Down to one traditional main anchor (JCPenney). Regency's days as a regional mall are just as bleak as Gateway's chances at gaining its former glory. Cherish the memories and let's see where the future takes this property.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

acme54321

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2017, 08:45:27 PM »
At least the regency property is in a prime location for redevelopment with the massive traffic that borders the property every day.  It will definitely be interesting to see what becomes of it.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2017, 09:24:59 PM »
I'm interested to see how the International Decor Outlet concept works out. It seems like its taking them forever to open up.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

jaxjaguar

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2017, 11:20:17 PM »
The land regency sits on would be great for something similar to Baldwin Park in Orlando. They have a similar / smaller concept in that area near the walmart, but it could definitely be done better.

tufsu1

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2017, 01:55:13 PM »
^ The major difference is the surrounding area incomes

jaxjaguar

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2017, 03:23:12 PM »
Baldwin Park is surrounded by some nasty neighborhoods similar to what's around Regency. Colonial and Semoran to the South and East are littered with gun shops, strip clubs and seedy strip malls. The traffic is worse by regency, but only because it's right on Atlantic, rather than further back.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2017, 03:45:50 PM »
A big difference I see is scale. Baldwin Park covers more than 1100 acres itself. At best, Regency appears to be somewhere between 120 and 140 acres. Also, University Boulevard is about three miles from Regency.  Audubon Park and Fashion Square Mall are both basically across the street from Baldwin Park. Winter Park's ritzy Park Aveue is 1.5 miles NW, Thornton Park is 2 miles SW and downtown Orlando is 3 miles east. Also, although Colonial has its rough patches, as a whole, it's a decent commercial strip between Semoran and downtown and ViMi is pretty cool.