Author Topic: Jaguars amphitheater, flex field construction to begin next month  (Read 99762 times)

Rynjny

Re: Jaguars amphitheater, flex field construction to begin next month
« Reply #525 on: August 17, 2017, 09:23:07 AM »
How about getting rid of all naming rights.  It sounds absolutely ridiculous.  The St Augustine Amphitheater vs Daily's Place.   Let's check the instant replay vs Let's check the Bowden Eye & Associates instant replay monitor.  Stadium pools vs Smart Pharmacy Spas.  Stadium club and seats vs US Assure Club.

Guaranteed Rate Field
Smoothie King Center
KFC Yum! Center
Tony Macaroni Arena
Talking Stick Resort Arena
University of Phoenix Stadium - A for profit college with no football team owns naming rights to an NFL stadium.
O.co Coliseum
Sleep Train Arena
Jobing.com Arena
Northeast Delta Dental Stadium
Save on Foods Memorial Center

sigh

You're got to be kidding right?
Ryan

copperfiend

« Reply #526 on: August 17, 2017, 10:11:50 AM »
He probably wants the stadium to be called the Gator Bowl again.

Snaketoz

« Reply #527 on: August 17, 2017, 10:48:05 AM »
How about...Beach Road Chicken Dinners Ampitheater at Dailey's Place?

Jim

• MetJax
« Reply #528 on: August 17, 2017, 12:22:44 PM »
Jacksonville Municipal Stadium is fine.

And while not a stadium name, I just found feature in a new one that blows my mind.  In the new Falcons stadium, there will be a Chik-Fil-A.  You know, that chicken shack that isn't open on Sunday's?

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #529 on: August 17, 2017, 12:56:36 PM »
Yeah it will only be open for one home game lol

copperfiend

« Reply #530 on: August 17, 2017, 01:36:30 PM »
Jacksonville Municipal Stadium is fine.

And while not a stadium name, I just found feature in a new one that blows my mind.  In the new Falcons stadium, there will be a Chik-Fil-A.  You know, that chicken shack that isn't open on Sunday's?

But the Falcons are only one team playing there. The Atlanta MLS team will play there. There will be multiple college football games played. And plenty of concerts.

I-10east

« Reply #531 on: August 18, 2017, 09:50:43 AM »
How about getting rid of all naming rights.  It sounds absolutely ridiculous.  The St Augustine Amphitheater vs Daily's Place.   Let's check the instant replay vs Let's check the Bowden Eye & Associates instant replay monitor.  Stadium pools vs Smart Pharmacy Spas.  Stadium club and seats vs US Assure Club.

It's all about the revenue that those sponsors bring in. I don't really have a problem with that kind of stuff (as far as amenity and venue sponsors). As long as the Jags players don't show up on the field like Brad Keselowski or someone covered in sponsor patches over their uniforms.

RattlerGator

« Reply #532 on: August 18, 2017, 12:12:09 PM »
Agreed, I-10east.

Tacachale

« Reply #533 on: August 18, 2017, 05:57:07 PM »
I think the sponsorship names are lame, but they do bring in some money, which is hard to argue against.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

I-10east

« Reply #534 on: August 19, 2017, 11:05:02 PM »
I checked out Daily Place during the Bucs game, and it looks nice. It's also deceivingly spacious. One thing that stuck out, I checked out the 2nd and 3rd levels, and I was surprised on how short the plexi walls are on those upper decks (maybe 2 feet tall, if that). I didn't even wanna sit in the front row in the upper deck. One slip or trip the wrong way, and you're likely going over the side; Maybe if you're shorter than 5 feet tall, you're safe. 

It's not only a Daily's Place thing, short upper deck walls are all over America. That's why so many people fall for upper decks in venues all over this country. It seems like venues are built to cram in as many seats as possible (#1 priority), with lil regard to safety as possible.   

« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 11:11:38 PM by I-10east »