Author Topic: Jaguars amphitheater, flex field construction to begin next month  (Read 103917 times)

JaxJersey-licious

Re: Jaguars amphitheater, flex field construction to begin next month
« Reply #405 on: May 16, 2017, 12:10:02 PM »
All snark aside, we've got to give kudos to Bold Events and everyone else involved in the amphitheater programming. They've outdone themselves selling the venue to touring companies and established a nice diversity of acts (would really be nice if they could get some Latino artists) and the ticket buying public has responded in kind.

A quick crunch of the numbers show that based on current scheduled acts and advanced tickets sold, Daily's Place is on pace to be one of the top 25 outdoor amphitheaters in the country when you factor in the possibility of events for Florida-Georgia, Jags home game weekends, and a possible big-time New Year's Eve bowl game event. No small feat given that they haven't even held a concert yet and are competing with another regional established outdoor concert venue with its fair share of sold out shows. We'll see if they can maintain this pace (many of these acts may have been offered reduced fees or incentives to be performance pioneers), but so far this is looking like a win-win public-private partnership.

RattlerGator

« Reply #406 on: May 16, 2017, 03:06:25 PM »
Shad Khan / Mark Lamping/ Jaguars organization -- they don't half-ass, gang. We need to go ahead and give them their props.

They generated a *really* creative solution to a situation that presented multiple problems in downtown Jax. That's no small feat. And are promising more creative solutions to come.

RattlerGator

« Reply #407 on: May 16, 2017, 03:17:25 PM »
Story from yesterday:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/dailys-place-inching-closer-construction-completion/439840073

Two of the four pictures they posted:

[1]

[2]

Might just be me but I'm going to love checking that place out. I'm already trying to figure out a way to get a FAMU performance of some sort put in there.

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #408 on: May 16, 2017, 04:21:21 PM »
Looks very nice, cant wait to see night views while driving down from the Hart Bridge. Still lots of work to do!!!

RattlerGator

RattlerGator

« Reply #410 on: May 18, 2017, 10:41:29 AM »
Good P.R. piece from a trade magazine:

http://www.venuestoday.com/news/detail/jaguars-daily-place-to-open-may-27

Damn, maybe I need to join the Jaguars staff.

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #411 on: May 18, 2017, 05:12:28 PM »
That's pretty good if 75% of people purchasing tickets have never been to a Jag game, the more people venturing into DT the better

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #412 on: May 18, 2017, 05:23:00 PM »
That's pretty good if 75% of people purchasing tickets have never been to a Jag game, the more people venturing into DT the better

That quote jumped out at me too. That would be outstanding if true and hopefully lesson the paranoia about no tickets being available to non-season ticket holders :)

I think this is going to be amazing and will be a Jax public/private winner.

KenFSU

« Reply #413 on: May 24, 2017, 05:14:42 PM »
Looks like the color-changing LED's for the roof have been installed:

https://twitter.com/dailysplace/status/867411887067103233

Daily's Place is going to look really nice at night, particularly from the bridges.

Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

RattlerGator

« Reply #414 on: May 24, 2017, 07:19:47 PM »
D-Day is near and the show will go on.

[1]

“Daily’s Place will be open and ready to welcome live music fans this Saturday,” said Jaguars and Bold Events President Mark Lamping.  “We’re eager to introduce Northeast Florida to this new venue and kick off a full year of concerts and events featuring a diversity of musical genres.  Daily’s Place is a landmark project in the ongoing revitalization of downtown Jacksonville, and we’re thrilled to open our doors and turn up the volume.”

https://www.dailysplace.com/text/2017/5/24/dailys-place-readies-for-inaugural-weekend-shows

[2]

Lamping emphasized the uniqueness of the 5,500-seat facility, saying that the sightlines will be superior to other venues of its size. Balconies are 115 feet from the stage with what Lamping called “the worst seat in the house” only 150 feet from the front of the stage.

“Our partners at LiveNation were in here this week and they were just blown away,” Lamping said.

https://www.dailysplace.com/text/2017/5/24/jaguars-and-bold-events-president-mark-lamping-on-saturdays-opening-of-dailys-place-we-will-open-saturday-and-its-going-to-be-a-spectacular-experience

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #415 on: May 25, 2017, 03:30:20 PM »
I am sure I don't have to ask for renderings right? Well I mean pics, especially some night shots :) TIA

RattlerGator

« Reply #416 on: May 25, 2017, 03:53:23 PM »
[1] Scrambling to get some concrete work done leading into the amphitheater

[2] Walkway at rear of the 3rd level balcony and stairway up from ground floor

I'll be very curious to see how they handle the staging Saturday night;

how the sound system bounces that sound off the fabric of that roof;

how Derek's guitar solos soar, etc.

It should be an incredible night of sound.

KenFSU

Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #418 on: May 25, 2017, 08:26:56 PM »
Cant get those twitter pics to open, any other options? Jags site has a video, gonna be awesome at night

RattlerGator

« Reply #419 on: May 25, 2017, 09:27:01 PM »
LED light tests

Daily's Place 1:

Daily's Place 2:

Daily's Place 3: