Author Topic: Political cartoons  (Read 794901 times)

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
Re: Political cartoons
« Reply #5535 on: July 14, 2017, 11:30:48 AM »
I know this is the internet but counter arguments to cartoons?!?! Seriously?

Might be time for some introspection. Perhaps Yoga and  some essential oils?

Political cartoons have a rich history of commentary and contribution into the market place of ideas.  Why should they be dismissed as not worthy of thought and conversation.  I am guessing you probably get that, thus your need to characterize me as typing red faced mad and needing to calm down so as to distract from your silly point that if commentary comes with art connected it is not worthy of discussion.  Some people just enjoy reading and joining in on the threads here on MJ.
"YOU are the people willing to overlook the fact that Trump is an unqualified, ignorant sociopath because DURRRR HILLARY IS BAD TOO DURRRR." Drew Margary

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5536 on: July 14, 2017, 11:37:51 AM »
I don't think you're wound too tight. I generally think you are a thoughtful well reasoned conservative. Cartoons get some room to make their point with a little stretch that is fine.  This one however was just a cartoonist mailing it in.  The idea that Clinton was asked about the email server, gave an answer and the press moved on took stretch ridiculously far.  I am sure you can one that says that the press is too hard on poor Trump Jr. that the cartoonist put a slight bit of effort into.

fair enough... I just thought the reporter in the cartoon was Jake Tapper at CNN.  Kindof a junior Woodward and Bernstein with more foam...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5537 on: July 17, 2017, 06:57:21 AM »
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5538 on: July 18, 2017, 06:57:09 AM »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5539 on: July 19, 2017, 06:52:19 AM »

Todd_Parker

« Reply #5540 on: July 20, 2017, 02:49:05 PM »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5541 on: July 21, 2017, 06:46:57 AM »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5542 on: July 24, 2017, 06:33:13 AM »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5543 on: July 25, 2017, 06:27:12 AM »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5544 on: July 26, 2017, 07:53:52 AM »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5545 on: July 27, 2017, 06:43:43 AM »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5546 on: July 28, 2017, 06:33:46 AM »

Todd_Parker

« Reply #5547 on: July 28, 2017, 09:23:08 AM »

Todd_Parker

« Reply #5548 on: July 28, 2017, 09:24:10 AM »

Todd_Parker

« Reply #5549 on: July 28, 2017, 09:24:50 AM »