Author Topic: Political cartoons  (Read 583216 times)

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
Re: Political cartoons
« Reply #5415 on: January 03, 2017, 07:04:20 AM »
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5416 on: January 04, 2017, 06:40:02 AM »
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5417 on: January 05, 2017, 06:39:53 AM »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5418 on: January 06, 2017, 06:40:12 AM »

finehoe

« Reply #5419 on: January 06, 2017, 08:36:34 AM »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5420 on: January 09, 2017, 06:37:55 AM »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5421 on: January 10, 2017, 06:37:17 AM »

stephendare

• truth beauty art and love
    • MetroJacksonville
« Reply #5422 on: January 10, 2017, 10:09:57 AM »

except of course that this cartoon is also lying.

Bush did not have 'faulty intelligence'.

His administration lied about getting faulty information.  This ended in Ambassador Joe Wilson and his CIA Agent wife Valerie Plane being outed by Cheney's office when Wilson publicly cast doubt on the 'yellow cake in Niger' lie. The outing ended in the trial and prosecution of one of Cheney's top aids, Scooter Libby (at the time, it was commonly assumed that it was a surrogate prosecution, as in all likelihood, Cheney himself ordered the outing and its subsequent asset destruction).

The intelligence community told Bush that there was no attempt to make a nuclear bomb in Iraq, and no weapons of mass destruction.

We've already had a president who ignored intelligence briefs, and that was actually George W. Bush: Bin Laden Determined to Strike in US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bin_Ladin_Determined_To_Strike_in_US

The Intelligence did not get that wrong, and it did not claim that Saddaam Hussein was building a nuclear bomb.
And now abide faith, hope and love; these three, but the greatest of these is love

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5423 on: January 11, 2017, 06:44:28 AM »

finehoe

« Reply #5424 on: January 11, 2017, 10:34:21 AM »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5425 on: January 12, 2017, 07:02:54 AM »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #5426 on: January 13, 2017, 06:33:58 AM »

finehoe

« Reply #5427 on: January 13, 2017, 02:30:42 PM »
Doonesbury predicted Trump’s press conference almost verbatim

finehoe

« Reply #5428 on: January 16, 2017, 10:12:12 AM »

aldermanparklover

« Reply #5429 on: January 16, 2017, 05:12:58 PM »