Author Topic: Fantasy football  (Read 53933 times)

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
Re: Fantasy football
« Reply #345 on: September 18, 2017, 10:48:14 AM »
No updates to report from 2-0 Team Stud's locker room. The Ebony Stud is doing what was expected.

Team Ebony Stud will solidify its position to have its way with the rest of you very soon. 

In recent years, we've gotten away from selecting players who force their reckless abandon for everyday life into the violent game of football. With this in mind, our new president of football operations and now free man, Cecil "The Diesel" Collins, will help bring fear back to this league.

In addition, new coach Clubber Lang and coordinators, Bill Romanowski and Richie Incognito will be assisting in establishing proper gamesmanship on the field and culture in the Team Stud's locker room. With that said, Coach Lang has already issued his prediction for losers lining up against Team Stud on Sundays:

Other than that, have a good time in your race for second place.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #346 on: September 18, 2017, 12:31:47 PM »
^That meme and quote never go out of style!
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #347 on: September 23, 2017, 12:21:14 PM »
What is up with Addison? He started ARob last week (and still won, ha ha ha) and still has him in his lineup. Isn't FF a priority or has he made a life changing decision not to play anymore?!?!?

Of course, I have heard that not playing FF could be the best decision one could ever make....

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #348 on: September 24, 2017, 02:57:52 PM »
Damn. Forgot I started Balt D. Didn't see 44 coming :)

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #349 on: September 24, 2017, 04:18:00 PM »
Lol, Addison should not touch his roster. His inaction is working pretty well right now.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #350 on: September 25, 2017, 08:19:22 AM »
Who's better equipped to survive a hurricane than a fish?

Apparently, fish are ground into chum during a hurricane.

Steve

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #351 on: September 25, 2017, 03:00:30 PM »
As week 3 nears a close, I'd just like to provide this quote from Congrotastic's first three opponents:

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #352 on: September 25, 2017, 03:12:38 PM »
Who's better equipped to survive a hurricane than a fish?

Apparently, fish are ground into chum during a hurricane.

If I didn't know it was over before Kareem went on his fourth quarter romp, I sure knew it was when I realized I'd started Randall Cobb.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #353 on: September 26, 2017, 02:58:54 PM »
After 3 weeks of pure destruction,I can hear the whispers....should there be an occupy Wall Street Traders movement?
Is it fair that one team has so many fantasy points while others have so few?
Has the inequality gap ever been so large?

Hold on a sec...what the hell am I sitting on? There is something in the couch cushions....oh, heh heh heh...it is just some DST fantasy points  I didn't need. Wait....what were we talking about?

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #354 on: September 26, 2017, 03:01:11 PM »
^ Not going to lie...that made me laugh.

Henry J. Klutho

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #355 on: September 26, 2017, 03:17:26 PM »
LOL I love it!

Steve

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #356 on: September 26, 2017, 09:40:53 PM »
After 3 weeks of pure destruction,I can hear the whispers....should there be an occupy Wall Street Traders movement?

Hold on a sec...what the hell am I sitting on? There is something in the couch cushions....oh, heh heh heh...it is just some DST fantasy points  I didn't need. Wait....what were we talking about?

Somehow we don't play until week 10. Save those DST points for your matchup against Congrotastic. You'll need them.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #357 on: September 26, 2017, 10:42:06 PM »
Enjoy it while you guys can. Eventually your teams will have to get in the ring and hit with repeated uppercuts of reality...

Gators312

« Reply #358 on: October 02, 2017, 10:32:49 AM »

Nearly 30 years to the day of Black Monday, it looks like there has been a MARKET CORRECTION.  The Wall Street Traders have now had their own Black Sunday Black & Blue Sunday at the hands of the Suburban Dwellers.  Even if we spotted you last week's DST points it couldn't save you. 

Sure......our GM acts a lot like Gene Smith and our Coach is as lucky as Folksy' Jim down the road in Gainesville, but winning is winning and it feels great to take down #1.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #359 on: October 02, 2017, 11:06:13 AM »

Nearly 30 years to the day of Black Monday, it looks like there has been a MARKET CORRECTION.  The Wall Street Traders have now had their own Black Sunday Black & Blue Sunday at the hands of the Suburban Dwellers.  Even if we spotted you last week's DST points it couldn't save you. 

Sure......our GM acts a lot like Gene Smith and our Coach is as lucky as Folksy' Jim down the road in Gainesville, but winning is winning and it feels great to take down #1.

Well, I hope it is a market correction and I am not entering  a bear market :)
 I just have one thing to say about this week's performance:

We're on to the Post Street Playmakers....