Author Topic: Fantasy football  (Read 57589 times)

tufsu1

Re: Fantasy football
« Reply #330 on: September 03, 2017, 09:41:29 AM »
And I don't feel inspired enough to write much of anything today, but I'd like to politely point out that this is the 5th (?) year in a row that Jack B More has won the offseason with no real chance to parlay that into a winning season.

Baltimore fan my ass, dude, you're Jags through and through.

pretty sure this is only the 2nd year in a row where I have had the best draft - and I was pretty close to the championship game last year - the Jags haven't done that in this century.

MusicMan

« Reply #331 on: September 03, 2017, 10:20:08 AM »
I'm not in your league but have won mine 3 times. I believe it is how good you are at dealing with injuries and managing your team at the very end of the season which wins these leagues.  Inevitably some player will surface who is not considered legit at the start of the season (Dak Prescott for instance) and might be critical at the end of the year.  My $00.02

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #332 on: September 03, 2017, 11:16:08 AM »
I'm not in your league but have won mine 3 times.

It is rare that I am speechless.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #333 on: September 04, 2017, 10:56:54 AM »
I'm not in your league but have won mine 3 times. I believe it is how good you are at dealing with injuries and managing your team at the very end of the season which wins these leagues.  Inevitably some player will surface who is not considered legit at the start of the season (Dak Prescott for instance) and might be critical at the end of the year.  My $00.02

It might be a little harder for you this year, you know, having to lose that extra bench spot to hold Kaep in case he gets the call.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

MusicMan

« Reply #334 on: September 04, 2017, 06:22:19 PM »
In about 8 games (weeks) we'll see how the Jags QB's are doing.......................

I do have Hearns on my bench and A Rob as well. We'll be trailing in every game so they might put up some numbers. 

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #335 on: September 08, 2017, 07:47:54 AM »
Hurricane Kareem roared in as a  Cat 4 last night. Early reports show landfall directly on Jack B More's head. All members of MetroJacksonville Junkies are under a Hurricane watch for the rest of 2017.  WestHam United is now under a hurricane warning for Sept 17.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #336 on: September 08, 2017, 02:28:55 PM »
LMAO!
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

JaxAvondale

« Reply #337 on: September 08, 2017, 02:44:51 PM »
Hurricane Kareem roared in as a  Cat 4 last night. Early reports show landfall directly on Jack B More's head. All members of MetroJacksonville Junkies are under a Hurricane watch for the rest of 2017.  WestHam United is now under a hurricane warning for Sept 17.

:yawn:

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #338 on: September 08, 2017, 02:46:12 PM »

God I'm so jealous. I was one pick away from grabbing Hunt in my league. Danggit! And who had Tropical Storm Alex?? lol

tufsu1

« Reply #339 on: September 09, 2017, 10:28:48 PM »

:yawn:

exactly!

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #340 on: September 14, 2017, 05:32:46 PM »
As we try to get through these trying times, I think we should focus on the things that really matter. I would suggest that everyone take a moment and reflect on the ridiculous performance of the Wall Street Traders last week.Even with a hurricane bearing down, the laser focus displayed by the roster was truly stunning.

But please stop with the perfect season talk.....way too early for that!

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #341 on: September 14, 2017, 06:04:28 PM »
From one Division Leader to another....  It's never too early to speak of the perfect season. 

I'm not worried about perfection, though.  A 'wrist injury'?!?!? 

Whatever Arians you sly dog.  Stashing the horse away until the playoffs....  I like the way you think.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #342 on: September 18, 2017, 08:25:52 AM »
I am sorry to report we have another victim as Hurricane Kareem, despite being downgraded to a Cat 2, left WestHam United as battered and bruised as Zeke Elliot's latest date.

I know we live in a society with a short term attention span so I checked in on last week's victim, Jack B More, and evidently the path to recovery is going to be a rocky one. Another weak performance despite "winning the draft" and lofty projections.In addition to the physical carnage that Kareem inflicted,  there appears to be some left over psychological damage as Jack B More actually has 2 kickers on his roster. Give me a minute....sometimes even the most hardened reporters have difficulty when confronted with details like that.

Rashean the fish is now directly in the center of Kareem's cone. I don't expect it to end well.

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #343 on: September 18, 2017, 08:47:28 AM »
Who's better equipped to survive a hurricane than a fish?
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

Lucasjj

« Reply #344 on: September 18, 2017, 10:27:47 AM »
Yahoo doesn't have much faith in the stack of Abdullah and Stafford producing 60 plus points for an NRW win.