Author Topic: Fantasy football  (Read 49758 times)

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
Re: Fantasy football
« Reply #285 on: August 04, 2017, 11:10:40 PM »
You may want to invest in a pantry full of Kimberly-Clark products and enjoy your win against LA-Monroe. Your Noles are going to find themselves in an 1-2 hole to start the year off...
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Gators312

« Reply #286 on: August 05, 2017, 08:56:04 AM »
I'm cool with the scoring changes.

I'm taking a group of family/friends to Dallas starting 8/31 for a trip to Jerry World on 9/2.

I will carve out time to draft on 8/31.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 01:40:25 PM by Gators312 »

Lucasjj

« Reply #287 on: August 22, 2017, 07:53:08 AM »
I am still missing keepers from a few people. Here is where we currently stand. I would like to get this wrapped up by this time next week (8/29).

Draft date is set for 8/31 at 7:30.

Made a few scoring changes:
- Miss PAT does not penalize any longer.

- Defensive yards allowed scoring 10 points when a defense holds a team to 0-99 yards, 5 points for 100-199, 2 points for 200-299, 0 points for 300-399, -2 points for 400-499 and -5 for 500+

- I turned off all return yards. Yahoo doesn't give points to defenses for return yards except for Kickoff and Punt returns. For instance it would only award 6 TD points to an 80 yard interception TD return. There is no way to award points to the return yards. And I feel adding return yards to Defenses changes the "position" since you are no longer making a defense selection choice on defense alone. I also turned it off for offensive players to maintain a players value at their position (RB/WR). However I left Return TD's on. So if you do have a position player who returns kicks and they score a TD you can be awarded for it. But I don't want to skew value through kickoff yardage which is easier to come by.

Let me know if anyone has an issue with any of this.

JaxJersey-licious

« Reply #288 on: August 22, 2017, 09:36:22 AM »
Yeah I'm cool with not penalizing kickers for the missed PAT.

Not keeping anyone this year.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #289 on: August 22, 2017, 10:01:38 AM »
I personally prefer return yards on and missed PATs costing points because they make setting up a roster more strategic, based on game day conditions and matchups.  However, I'm not going to lose any sleep either way.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #290 on: August 22, 2017, 10:33:23 AM »
And with the return yards set at 25yds/pt, it's not a huge swing, but it does add some attractiveness to those WR4/5s that may not see the field much except for their special teams plays.  And that adds depth to the pool of players which I think is a good thing. 

But like Lake, either way is fine as long as it's set pre-draft.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

Lucasjj

« Reply #291 on: August 22, 2017, 11:36:12 AM »
I personally prefer return yards on and missed PATs costing points because they make setting up a roster more strategic, based on game day conditions and matchups.  However, I'm not going to lose any sleep either way.

And with the return yards set at 25yds/pt, it's not a huge swing, but it does add some attractiveness to those WR4/5s that may not see the field much except for their special teams plays.  And that adds depth to the pool of players which I think is a good thing. 

But like Lake, either way is fine as long as it's set pre-draft.

You two are really late with your comments. I only asked for comments 2 and a half weeks ago.

We have kept the same scoring settings for several years. I am throwing out some possible changes. Let me know if anyone has an issue with these changes

Remove -1 for missed PAT since those are not a given anymore

We have return yards turned on for offensive players. I propose removing this entirely, or turning it on for the DFS/SPT. Default for Yahoo is to not score return yards for either.

Defensive yards allowed is scoring 5 points when a defense holds a team to 0-99 yards. With the high power offenses today I think we should change this to 10 and do 5 points for 100-199 and 2 points for 200-299, 0 points for 300-399, -2 points for 400-499 and -5 for 500+

I put back on return yards at 1 point per 25 yards since most people responded to keeping those on. PAT misses has been upheld since majority of responses were for removing that. And no one complained about the defensive yards scoring.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #292 on: August 22, 2017, 05:44:12 PM »

You two are really late with your comments. I only asked for comments 2 and a half weeks ago.

Seems like we were right on time...
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #293 on: August 22, 2017, 05:46:23 PM »
Haha Lucasjj, I'll be on time to make the first pick in the draft next week!

JaxAvondale

« Reply #294 on: August 22, 2017, 06:50:36 PM »
I thought I made my keeper picks.

Lucasjj

« Reply #295 on: August 23, 2017, 07:43:08 AM »

I don't see a post with your pick. If you made it on Yahoo, that was turned on accidentally. I put the keepers in manually when I setup the draft order. Can you tell it to me here?

JaxAvondale

« Reply #296 on: August 23, 2017, 10:19:25 PM »

I don't see a post with your pick. If you made it on Yahoo, that was turned on accidentally. I put the keepers in manually when I setup the draft order. Can you tell it to me here?

Gronk
Devante Parker

Lucasjj

« Reply #297 on: August 24, 2017, 07:11:21 AM »

Gronk
Devante Parker

We only do one keeper. Here are the rules on keeper selections and round value.

Keeper value is based on where the player was drafted last year, by you or others. If the player was undrafted, they have a 14 round value. If they are being kept for a consecutive year, their value is determined by Yahoo ADP. You can see your year end roster by clicking the "year" drop down under the league name on the Yahoo page and changing it to 2016. You can also see last year's draft results that way.

JaxAvondale

« Reply #298 on: August 24, 2017, 10:07:46 PM »
Gronk

Lucasjj

« Reply #299 on: August 25, 2017, 07:40:52 AM »
Gronk

I will put Gronk as your keeper but just to be clear, you are keeping Gronk in the first round. Therefore he is your first round pick and you do not have a pick in the first round. You could actually keep Parker in the 10th and still draft Gronk in the first or second if you think he will still be there.

I will keep it as Gronk unless you tell me otherwise.