Author Topic: Ale Pie House in Avondale - Not looking Good on Yelp  (Read 11240 times)

David

Re: Ale Pie House in Avondale - Not looking Good on Yelp
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2013, 02:38:39 PM »
Riverside seems to go in phases with it's food expansion. First it was sushi, then frozen yogurt now, the most exoctic of all: pizza.

As long as the owner of Ale's pie house doesn't put coupons in the Folio they won't honor I'll give them a shot!

If_I_Loved_you

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 02:51:26 PM »
So, my sister and her husband visited the Ale Pie House yesterday for lunch and got a pizza later for dinner.  They also brought me a takeout and some pizza.   Here is what they had to say.  Their in restaurant experience was okay.  The first thing they remarked about was the fact that the restaurant was playing "Indian" music which kind of put them in the mood for Indian food as opposed to Italian. lol  Their server was definitely new and not familiar with the menu, but nice.  There is no lunchtime menu or special so they ordered from the regular menu and just got a chicken parmesan and meatball sandwich and brought home a meatball sandwich for me.  They liked the sandwiches.  The meatball one I had was good as meatball sandwiches go.  The ingredients they used were all fresh and of top quality which is what made their sandwich better than others I have tasted.  The sandwich was large and will make two lunches for me.  Later they picked up a pepperoni pizza which was very tasty.  It was better than the fare one gets from places like Pizza Hut, Domino's etc.  The ingredients were good and the cheese was top quality.  It had a nice subtle garlic flavor to the sauce.   We would get the pizza again.  Plan to try some of the pasta dishes soon.  I believe the fact that they deliver will help them find their niche in Avondale.  I would choose their pizza over the others who deliver in a heartbeat.  It was true old fashioned N.Y. style. :)
CC Thanks for your honest opinion of this restaurant. :)

Josh

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2013, 02:58:50 PM »
Had a takeout pie on Saturday. It was quite tasty.

jaxlore

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 04:04:43 PM »
Slankinship --- Moon River is now offering vegan cheese as well.

We had to stop going to Carmines, i've been screwed over one too many times now and have finally given up even though I love their pizza. I will have to give AlePie a try.

ChriswUfGator

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2013, 06:57:44 PM »
After I found out they delivered we have ordered from them a couple times, and I gotta say the food is pretty damn good. I love Carmine's but they don't deliver and sometimes I don't feel like going out. Ale Pie's stuff is heads and tails above anything else that delivers around here. I can't speak as to the restaurant experience since I haven't eaten there, but this place is very solid food-wise.

ben says

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2013, 07:14:55 PM »
After I found out they delivered we have ordered from them a couple times, and I gotta say the food is pretty damn good. I love Carmine's but they don't deliver and sometimes I don't feel like going out. Ale Pie's stuff is heads and tails above anything else that delivers around here. I can't speak as to the restaurant experience since I haven't eaten there, but this place is very solid food-wise.

Thanks, Chris. If they delivery to 5 Points, I'll give them a shot as well.

On another note, I'll say this about Carmine's...they've gone downhill, in more ways than one. My biggest pet peeve when going to a restaurant is seeing an owner/manager treat his/her employees like garbage. I've heard from 3-4 ex-employees that the management/ownership there treats everyone like shit. I've seen the owner yelling at a cook, too. Not ok.
For luxury travel agency & concierge services, reach out at jax2bcn@gmail.com - my blog about life in Barcelona can be found at www.lifeinbarcelona.com (under construction!)

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2013, 09:20:22 PM »

Thanks, Chris. If they delivery to 5 Points, I'll give them a shot as well.

On another note, I'll say this about Carmine's...they've gone downhill, in more ways than one. My biggest pet peeve when going to a restaurant is seeing an owner/manager treat his/her employees like garbage. I've heard from 3-4 ex-employees that the management/ownership there treats everyone like shit. I've seen the owner yelling at a cook, too. Not ok.

That sucks. I havent been in several months but this was a staple for me and I'd bring a lot of visitors there.

Cheshire Cat

• Diane Melendez is Cheshire Cat
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2013, 09:10:24 PM »
Since there were "questionable" opinions at the beginning of this thread I wanted to let you all know that my son and I had takeout this evening and it was really delicious.  Again, the ingredients were fresh, best cheese ever and the items with crusts like the pizza, calzone and stromboli were very, very tasty and the sizes of the items were huge.  I had the egg plant calzone and my son had a stromboli of steak, bacon, cheese, caramelized onions and mushrooms.  Yummy stuff!  We are going to try their homemade ravioli next.  :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:12:09 PM by Cheshire Cat »
Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!

Dog Walker

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2013, 10:41:59 AM »
They were open last Thursday night.
When all else fails hug the dog.

Cheshire Cat

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2013, 04:31:05 PM »
Still open and the food is still very good.  Perhaps the zoning notice has to do with some exterior changes they may be planning which is why they are not messing with weeds etc.  That might be what's up.
Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2013, 07:51:07 PM »
Apparently, they opened without the parking and alcohol sale deviations going through the correct processes.  The previous deviations expired from the time the last occupants(Ruan) left. 

Cheshire Cat

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2017, 10:24:18 PM »
Over three and a half years and Ale Pie House is still thriving and I can tell you first hand why.  Their food is really good.  All of their menu items are prepared fresh.  They make their own mozzarella which is fantastic and what makes their pizza extra good. The pies are different than those offered elsewhere and have a gourmet taste to them. I remember first reading about the Yelp review that started this post on their opening and feeling sad that the first review was so lackluster. So glad I ignored the review and tried their food anyway because it is great.   Time has proved that Yelp review missed the mark in a big way.  If you want some great food to take out or eat in the restaurant itself, you won't miss with Ale House Pie.  Yum  My family and I are steady customers. 
Diane Melendez
We're all mad here!