Saturday, October 25, 2014
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Join Metro Jacksonville and get in on the conversation today!Already have an account?  Sign In

Author Topic: Pita Pit plans downtown restaurant  (Read 2244 times)

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
Pita Pit plans downtown restaurant
« on: February 11, 2013, 03:18:32 PM »
Pita Pit will be opening at 116 North Pearl Street (the courthouse garage).

full article: http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/423471/gary-mills/2013-02-11/pita-pit-plans-downtown-restaurant-near-duval-county

ben says

Re: Pita Pit plans downtown restaurant
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 03:32:51 PM »
Pita Pit will be opening at 116 North Pearl Street (the courthouse garage).

full article: http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/423471/gary-mills/2013-02-11/pita-pit-plans-downtown-restaurant-near-duval-county

Wow. Great news. Now bring one to 5 Points
Luxury travel & concierge services: www.isserbtravels.com

JeffreyS

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 03:44:27 PM »
7-11, McDonald's, Family Dollar and now Pita Pit. I know chains are not very exciting but they are a good signal to people looking to work or live downtown that it is becoming more and more viable.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.  Mark Twain

Captain Zissou

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 03:49:37 PM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This will become a regular part of my late night diet.  Thank goodness.

PeeJayEss

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 03:51:57 PM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This will become a regular part of my late night diet.  Thank goodness.

I hope to Shiva they are open until 3am... At least until midnight.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 03:52:13 PM »
Now that I have regained my composure....  You know this would have already gone in at the Everbank building in Brooklyn if their retail bays were realistic. 

ben says

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 04:06:16 PM »
Now that I have regained my composure....  You know this would have already gone in at the Everbank building in Brooklyn if their retail bays were realistic.

Is that why nobody will go in those spots? Been wondering....

Think they'll come to 5 Points/Park/King?
Luxury travel & concierge services: www.isserbtravels.com

Captain Zissou

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 04:08:53 PM »
^ The bays have zero depth.  In order to be functional, a tenant would have to use three or 4 bays and orient their business parallel to Riverside Ave along.  That may be too cost prohibitive for tenants.

jaxlore

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 04:09:40 PM »
Dizam! They better stay open late or it defeats the purpose. No disrespect to my love of late night chomp chomp, but it would be nice.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 04:21:59 PM »
^ The bays have zero depth.  In order to be functional, a tenant would have to use three or 4 bays and orient their business parallel to Riverside Ave along.  That may be too cost prohibitive for tenants.

I believe the bays are roughly 25' deep.  The depth of a typical specialty retail bay is roughly 60-70'.  The Riverside Publix retail spots along Riverside Avenue and Margaret Street are around 50' deep.

comncense

• Facebook
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 07:37:06 PM »
I understand WHY it's being built over that way but not thrilled about it. Living at the Berkman, I don't think I've walked any further than Burrito Gallery for food downtown. Wouldn't that area be DEAD after 5pm and on the weekends?

DDC

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 11:28:06 PM »
I understand WHY it's being built over that way but not thrilled about it. Living at the Berkman, I don't think I've walked any further than Burrito Gallery for food downtown. Wouldn't that area be DEAD after 5pm and on the weekends?

Mostly dead but not completely. Phoenix Taproom is  around the corner on Forsyth, and a couple of blocks west on Forsyth is Secrets, the old Voodoo/JoAnns building. Who knows? Could be the beginning of a new district?
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

comncense

• Facebook
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 08:22:46 AM »
You're probably right, I'm just being selfish. I want a restaurant in my side of downtown to actually stay open late night. Chomp Chomp is about the only thing you can halfway count on to be open past midnight and that's only on the weekends.

Dapperdan

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 08:35:39 AM »
I bet Pita Pit takes courthouse hours. I hope they don't, but that is my gut.

comncense

• Facebook
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 08:43:27 AM »
Yeah that's what I was thinking. It would be great if they took the old Poppy Loves Smoke building. Not sure if that's a big enough spot though. Or better yet, what about that space next door to Mark's that's empty. Wasn't a restaurant supposed to go there a long time ago?