Thursday, July 24, 2014
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Join Metro Jacksonville and get in on the conversation today!Already have an account?  Sign In

Author Topic: JTA Unveils Major Reorganization Plan  (Read 2018 times)

urbaknight

Re: JTA Unveils Major Reorganization Plan
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 02:00:54 PM »
So all the jobs are posted. Who is applying?

Why don't you apply, Ocklawaha?

You seem to be on top of things, and you can always answer any questions anyone has referring to JTA and mass transit in general.

dougskiles

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »
Is there a list of who has been given a pink slip?

PeeJayEss

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 02:37:50 PM »
So all the jobs are posted. Who is applying?

Why don't you apply, Ocklawaha?

You seem to be on top of things, and you can always answer any questions anyone has referring to JTA and mass transit in general.

Don't tempt him, urbankight. He dare not take a job with JTA, not even to keep it safe. Understand, urbankight, Ock would use this job from a desire to do good. But through him, it would wield a transportation system too great and terrible to imagine.

Noone

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 07:36:33 PM »
Did the reorganization include a new building? JTA headquarters on Myrtle.  I'll check the Urban construction updates. Then again MJ is always on it and will pull up the story.

tufsu1

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 08:52:22 PM »
not that I am aware of...that said, some JTA staff work in trailers right now, so they coulduse more office space

Noone

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 11:39:51 PM »
^OK. But was and is the plan for a big move? We have the big conversation going on about the SOE and reuse of a city property or building new and should that same conversation have been occurring here? I realize that it's an Authority and not a constitutional office operation. Does any city council member know about this? How about our new DIA? Has this been reported anywhere on the local news. Just yielding to the Transportation experts on this forum and would be a little bit in shock if none of you guys knew about this.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 11:54:56 PM »
I haven't heard anything about a new office space for JTA since the transportation center fallout with Brown a year or so ago.  If they need more space, I'm sure a vacant existing structure can be found.

Noone

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 12:53:23 AM »
Has anyone been to a JTA Board meeting lately? Well something is going on. New parking lot? if you haven't heard what's going on over there then that's not good.

tufsu1

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 09:31:20 AM »
^ why do you say that?  do you know something the rest of us don't?

exnewsman

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2013, 05:06:55 PM »
Per the article in the Daily Record - additional office and meeting space and parking.