Follow Us

Sunday, April 20, 2014
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Join Metro Jacksonville and get in on the conversation today!Already have an account?  Sign In

Author Topic: Councilman Redman wants Metro Park concerts stopped  (Read 7515 times)

mbwright

Re: Councilman Redman wants Metro Park concerts stopped
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2013, 02:30:52 PM »
withdrawn usually  means no vote was taken.  It can always resurface...

fieldafm

« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2013, 02:40:53 PM »
I've talked with three city council members privately today on the subject... if that bill went to vote, it may have gotten 2 votes.  Most thought Redman's bill was what it was: short sighted, harmful to the city and nonsensical.

Actually, a very economical and attractive solution was presented to me today (suggested by someone who reads the message board).  Hopefully we'll hear more about this in the future and Metro Park begins to be better utilized (currently it's a rotting riverfront asset... something we sadly have an abundant supply of). 

Charles Hunter

« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2013, 07:28:05 PM »
(From the linked board)
The Welcome to Rockville music festival returns for a third go-round in April, this time spread over two days and featuring a distinctly Jacksonville flavor.

Lynyrd Skynyrd, Limp Bizkit and Shinedown – all with deep roots in Jacksonville – are among the acts scheduled to perform. Others include Alice in Chains, 3 Doors Down, Stone Sour, Three Days Grace, Papa Roach, Bullet for My Valentine and Asking Alexandria.

Redman's gonna have a coronary!

stephendare

• Metro Jacksonville
  • truth beauty art and love
    • MetroJacksonville
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2013, 07:33:32 PM »
(From the linked board)
The Welcome to Rockville music festival returns for a third go-round in April, this time spread over two days and featuring a distinctly Jacksonville flavor.

Lynyrd Skynyrd, Limp Bizkit and Shinedown – all with deep roots in Jacksonville – are among the acts scheduled to perform. Others include Alice in Chains, 3 Doors Down, Stone Sour, Three Days Grace, Papa Roach, Bullet for My Valentine and Asking Alexandria.

Redman's gonna have a coronary!

from your lips.......
And now abide faith, hope and love; these three, but the greatest of these is love