Saturday, September 20, 2014
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Join Metro Jacksonville and get in on the conversation today!Already have an account?  Sign In

Author Topic: Bass Pro Shops opening in 2014 in St. Johns County  (Read 9893 times)

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
Re: Bass Pro Shops opening in 2014 in St. Johns County
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2012, 07:48:12 PM »
To back tufsu1 up, here is a map showing Bartram Park's master plan for the Race Track Road corridor on the Duval County side.  The star is the proposed Bass Pro location:

Here is a close up of the yet to be built Bartram Park Commons shopping center site:

fsquid

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2012, 07:55:05 PM »
that's two lane with nothing around it right now

Charles Hunter

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2012, 09:15:32 PM »
Who gets to pay to widen Racetrack Road to 4 lanes over I-95?

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2012, 10:29:27 PM »
Btw, Ock, your CDD fees aren't covering the cost of major road construction and maintenance, in the form of a SR 9B extension to Race Track Road.

Yes, I know, each Development District has an elected board and oversee's projects within the district. I believe someone asked if all of the tax payers in St. Johns are going to take a hit for this? Chances are, yes, at least somewhat, it depends on their being a CDD around that location.

Also just learned that some big bucks are coming from Flagler to plop in some new roadways including SR-313 running from US 1 north of the St. Augustine Airport to the south end of St. Augustine as a 'Beltway.' This will be a regular 4 lane divided highway with 6 lanes in the built up portions from the Outlets to 207. I'm not sure where it links back to US-1 south but my guess is a tie-in to Wildwood Drive. The road would do the same things for St. Augustine's outlaying development that Nova Road and Clyde Morris Road did in Daytona Beach. Though the road wasn't scheduled for several years, Flagler is going to build the northern half out of pocket, it will be a carbon copy of San Sebastian Way. They will not pay for a flyover of the railroad and US-1 just the standard well guarded crossing.

These are not boom times in St. Johns, but apparently the county never got the word, I've got 70 homes under construction all around me (from 6 FREAKING AM until O-Dark-30). The other end of WGV has several new neighborhoods going up as well.  Rivertown is busting at the seams with an explosive growth surge that includes the new river front park, and a grand new entry, another lake, bike trails, and large amenity center. At full build-out, Nocatee is expected to have 13,000 homes; and up to one million square feet of retail, four million square feet of office and nine public schools. Almost two-thirds of the land will be placed in preservation and protected. In 2011, Nocatee was the 14th fastest growing master planned community in the United States.

Split Pine CDD, which oversees the 2,000-acre Duval County portion of Nocatee. The Tolomato CDD  services 13,000 acres to be built in St. Johns County. These are/will be new CDD districts.

These are the closest CDD'S I could find a map of, it appears in the County Records that that area might be a future CDD.

tufsu1

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2012, 10:33:08 PM »
can't say I heard anything about Flagler paying for SR 313....that's plain old FDOT and TPO money funding the first phase....but yes, I guess they could fund part as mitigation for planned development.

and Rivertown busting at the seams...that's laughable!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 10:41:52 PM by tufsu1 »

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2012, 10:44:25 PM »
can't say I heard anything about Flagler paying for SR 313....that's plain old FDOT and TPO money

and Rivertown busting at the seams...that's laughable!

The road is supposed to extend State Road 312 from its current ending point at S.R. 207 north to S.R. 16. That section, dubbed "Phase I," would be a six-lane highway. Plans call for the second half of the beltway, State Road 313, to then continue north from S.R. 16 and curve back to U.S. Highway 1 just north of St. Augustine Airport. That section, "Phase II," would be a four-lane road.

The 9.2-mile bypass, meant to relieve congestion on U.S. 1, was earmarked to be funded by the Florida Department of Transportation in 1987, according to a 2004 story in The St. Augustine Record. The funding never came through. In 1995, the county had a study conducted to find out what it would take to build the extension. It was named a priority in infrastructure needs.

But by 2004, the project still had not moved ahead, and the county paid $2 million for an "update" study.

Now trumped by needs in the crowded northwest part of the county, the project is rarely mentioned in county meetings. But a developer hoping to build Cordova Palms, a mixed use development of regional impact, brought it up in a recent Planning and Zoning Agency meeting.

Flagler Development Group is offering to cover the more than $40 million price tag to build most of Phase II.

The DOT has plans to build Phase I in the near future, but Phase II wasn't expected to be funded or built for at least another 25 to 30 years, Doug Miller of England-Thims & Miller, Inc., told the agency.

If the Cordova Palms project is approved, Flagler would cover the cost to build S.R. 313 to offset the DRI's impact on the area.

St Augustine Record

Laugh if you want to TU, sometimes I wonder if you think I make this shit up?  I agree that Rivertown has sat like a dead project for the past 4-5 years. Suddenly this year they've started clearing huge swaths of land, built parks, added lakes, they've got at least 3 NEW home communities going up including that new entry road which involves SR-13 in some interesting construction. In fact we were up there looking at their new cottage community just the other day. By all means TU, jump in the car and come down for a look, while your down here stop in for a cold one!

I've already approached both MJ and Rivertown about a new article, since things are really moving there right now.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2012, 12:28:58 AM »
Go ahead and get some images.  We'll run your photo tour when you're ready.

tufsu1

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2012, 08:15:49 AM »
oh I know they are finally moving on infrastructure....but really, how many homes were sold there in 2012?

and as to the quote from Doug Miller on SR 313, they are just false....ROW is currently being acquired on the portion from SR 16 to SR 207 and FDOT has included construction in its draft Work Program....plus the 2035 TPO LRTP assumed the first phase (SR 16 to SR 207) would be built by 2020....with the second phase (up to US 1) built by 2025.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 08:25:52 AM by tufsu1 »

cline

« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2012, 10:05:27 AM »
^Yes, please post some photos of these new homes in the "busting at the seams" Rivertown.  By the way, did they ever mitigate that runoff problem?

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2012, 10:29:12 AM »
oh I know they are finally moving on infrastructure....but really, how many homes were sold there in 2012?

and as to the quote from Doug Miller on SR 313, they are just false....ROW is currently being acquired on the portion from SR 16 to SR 207 and FDOT has included construction in its draft Work Program....plus the 2035 TPO LRTP assumed the first phase (SR 16 to SR 207) would be built by 2020....with the second phase (up to US 1) built by 2025.

My best guess is that Flagler/FECI/All Aboard Florida movement is responsible for many of these tracts coming back to life. I don't know how much of the highway Flagler agreed to, but it would seem the portion through their property is pretty certain.

^Yes, please post some photos of these new homes in the "busting at the seams" Rivertown.  By the way, did they ever mitigate that runoff problem?

Absolutely! I'll see what I can come up with over the next couple of days.  For those who haven't seen Rivertown in a year, you might want to drive by and take a look. They've gone from that one entry street with a few homes off to the right, to a construction site of not less then 2, probably more like 3, neighborhoods, lakes, amenity centers, bike trails, riverfront park etc.. This long dead project has simply exploded to life.

I'll get some photos to post within the next few days.

Anybody know if they are going to link with with the business district on SR210? Certainly the closest shopping area but no real access from Rivertown.

fieldafm

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2012, 10:50:21 AM »
St Joe is definately building out infrastucture at Rivertown, but they still haven't sold many homes in the community (only a few sites have been purchased this fiscal year).  They did recently pay down some of the bond debt they floated for the road/sewer improvements, however sales are still pretty slow and they have reconfigured their floor plans and pricing to accomodate the shift in market demand.

The master plan for the community calls for the main commercial component to be along the road that leads to the high school, and I doubt that land use configuration changes at all even at full buildout. 

vicupstate

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2013, 05:20:46 AM »
Cabela's has announced a 100.000 SF store for Greenville SC to open next year.  There has been no mention of incentives thus far.  The nearest store is in Louisiana but one is under construction in Bristol VA.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

I-10east

« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2013, 06:53:05 PM »
Don't look for any adjoining SJTC-esque commercial developments during the time frame of the 2014 Bass Pro Shops out there in St Johns County.

www.jaxdailyrecord.com/showstory.php?Story_id=538602

tufsu1

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2013, 07:08:07 PM »
I find the discussion at the bottom of the article about the 9B extension quite interesting....it seems to imply that Bass will only open if/when the interchange is built

fieldafm

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2013, 07:17:01 PM »
If one wants any idea of what kind of incentives Bass Pro will ask for, look for what Bass Pro is asking from Tampa (around 15million).. And that site has road access! 

Read: http://public-accountability.org/2010/06/fishing-for-taxpayer-cash/
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 07:30:03 PM by fieldafm »