Saturday, October 25, 2014
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Join Metro Jacksonville and get in on the conversation today!Already have an account?  Sign In

Author Topic: Moxie Restaurant coming to St. Johns Town Center  (Read 6723 times)

tufsu1

Re: Moxie Restaurant coming to St. Johns Town Center
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2012, 09:45:55 AM »
Urbanists don't dig SJTC.  (unless they put in a streetcar) Then it would pass the sniff test.

actually, even that wouldn't do it for this urbanist....I have no problem with the stores/restaurants there....its all about design...with the exception of a few pretend-urban blocks, the Town Center area is just a sprawling mess.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 09:48:03 AM by tufsu1 »

Doctor_K

• Your friendly neighborhood Hot Rod!
    • Carolina Fusion
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 10:20:09 AM »
As big a fan as I am of the SJTC, and as much as I enjoy living next to it, I have to agree w/ TUFSU1.  It is a bit of a sprawling mess.  And it's not even completely built out yet.

I do wish they'd have been permitted/designed/zoned (whatever) to build vertically some more.  Not unlike Tapestry Park.

Alas. 

There's no place like home!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."  -- Albert Einstein

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 10:27:07 AM »
To me, something needs to be done with that JTB/Gate/Town Center Parkway stretch.  It's already bad and it will get worse as more development takes place.

copperfiend

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 10:50:09 AM »
To me, something needs to be done with that JTB/Gate/Town Center Parkway stretch.  It's already bad and it will get worse as more development takes place.

I remember seeing plans a few years ago that included removing the light at the intersection with Costco. They would extend the TC road beyond Gate Parkway. It doesn't seem like there is any movement on that right now.

blfair

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2012, 07:12:55 PM »
actually, even that wouldn't do it for this urbanist....I have no problem with the stores/restaurants there....its all about design...with the exception of a few pretend-urban blocks, the Town Center area is just a sprawling mess.

It's miserable as a driver or a pedestrian. I heard an ad where Matheny imports is providing free valet parking for Lexus, Jaguar, and Land Rover owners this 'holiday shopping season'.

I was thinking it'd be fun to show up in a 'Land Rover':

sschwartz2929

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 11:18:24 PM »
Moxie Kitchen + Cocktails. Locally owned and operated. Chef Tom Gray is going to knock it out of the park!!

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2013, 07:28:21 AM »
So this Moxie will be Chef Tom Gray's new spot?  Thanks for that update sschwartz2929.

JUGrad

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2013, 09:59:42 AM »
Moxie Kitchen + Cocktails. Locally owned and operated. Chef Tom Gray is going to knock it out of the park!!

So, it's not the chain that several of us had thought in the beginning?  Thats great!

tlemans

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2013, 11:22:59 AM »
When is construction suppose to start on this new restaurant?

viCARIous

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2013, 11:38:00 AM »
Construction starts soon and they hope to be open by fourth quarter 2013. They'll be posting regular updates on their Moxie Kitchen + Cocktails FB page and on twitter @moxiefl and @cheftomgray. Chef Tom is going to be featured in the Jax Biz Journal this week so keep an eye out. Really looking forward to this one!

stephendare

• Metro Jacksonville
  • truth beauty art and love
    • MetroJacksonville
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2013, 11:38:53 AM »
Construction starts soon and they hope to be open by fourth quarter 2013. They'll be posting regular updates on their Moxie Kitchen + Cocktails FB page and on twitter @moxiefl and @cheftomgray. Chef Tom is going to be featured in the Jax Biz Journal this week so keep an eye out. Really looking forward to this one!

Cari, are you involved with the project in some way?!
And now abide faith, hope and love; these three, but the greatest of these is love

viCARIous

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2013, 11:41:46 AM »
Nope, just in the sense that Tom is a close friend and I am going to do everything I can to help him spread the word and get butts in seats! I'm so stoked for him and this new venture and it's been tough for me to bite my tongue when y'all were talking about some lame-o Moxie chain coming to TC. I'm glad the cat's out of the bag so I can keep MJ updated on any new developments.

stephendare

• Metro Jacksonville
  • truth beauty art and love
    • MetroJacksonville
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2013, 11:43:17 AM »
Nope, just in the sense that Tom is a close friend and I am going to do everything I can to help him spread the word and get butts in seats! I'm so stoked for him and this new venture and it's been tough for me to bite my tongue when y'all were talking about some lame-o Moxie chain coming to TC. I'm glad the cat's out of the bag so I can keep MJ updated on any new developments.

Yay!

Thanks for the post, you could have piped in sooner!

Please keep us up to date!
And now abide faith, hope and love; these three, but the greatest of these is love

sschwartz2929

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 02:43:34 PM »
Like cari said now the cat's out of the bag. Tom is super excited about the new venture and the plans are amazing. This is not going to be the cookie cutter town center expectation of many. Test kitchen is in the works and the food is going to set a new bar we will all have to live up to. Damn you tom ;)

fieldafm

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2013, 02:52:50 PM »
Like cari said now the cat's out of the bag. Tom is super excited about the new venture and the plans are amazing. This is not going to be the cookie cutter town center expectation of many. Test kitchen is in the works and the food is going to set a new bar we will all have to live up to. Damn you tom ;)

Next we just have to get you in a new restaurant in 220 Riverside in first quarter of 2014 so you can compete and we don't have to drive out to Nassau County... with the added bonus that you won't have to worry about trying to navigate around Avondale's zoning rules ;)