Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Join Metro Jacksonville and get in on the conversation today!Already have an account?  Sign In

Author Topic: Krispy Kreme coming back to the westside!  (Read 9153 times)

BIG CHEESE 723

Re: Krispy Kreme coming back to the westside!
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2013, 02:48:33 PM »
No.  I just happen to be an imbecile.!  My granddaughter reminds me of that constantly.
I am going to see if sh can post them for me.  They ARE on FB.  I do know how to post on FB.

BackinJax05

« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2013, 03:06:24 PM »
Eating Krispy Kremes is easier, and more enjoyable, than trying to fight with a computer  :D

blizz01

« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2013, 04:34:10 PM »
What's the current state of Cassat Ave.?  The reasons for the original closing seemed obvious with what appeared to be some decline & all/most of the prime auto dealerships shifting to Blanding; is there some upswing going on?  It just seems odd that there was a newer location that came & went in Orange Park after the Cassat closure...

BIG CHEESE 723

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2013, 06:15:25 PM »
There's a lot of traffic.  The Lowe's is just around the corner and a Walgreens on the corner of Cassatt and, is that Lenox?,  The old mall seems to be picking up business, other than the Bubba Burger Grill closing.
I think word of mouth is in its favor.  I hear a lot of positive talk about it coming back.
did you see my link to the pictures from today?  Not great, but you definitely can see some activity having been done. :)

BIG CHEESE 723

« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2013, 12:19:11 AM »
If anyone is interested in seeing the pics from Monday, 1-14-13 they can be seen on FaceBook/Photos by Big Cheese.  Not good, but you can see what it looked like.

BIG CHEESE 723

« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2013, 04:29:40 PM »
Friday 1-18-13  Th entire south side is down.  Since I still can't figure out how to link pics. to MJ  these from today can b seen on FaceBook/PHOTOS BY BIG CHEESE

funwithteeth

« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2013, 04:55:53 PM »
BIG CHEESE, you can link pics by placing 'img' and '/img' around the URL of the photo. (But use [ ] instead of ' '. For some reason, entering the tags by themselves turns up blank.)

And here it is in action:

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 05:40:52 PM by funwithteeth »

BIG CHEESE 723

« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2013, 05:37:36 PM »
Thanks for posting that one for me, FWT.  I sent you a pm.  lol

funwithteeth

« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2013, 05:47:39 PM »
I just sent this to BIG CHEESE, but should anyone else reading this thread not know how to post images, look at this screenshot:

Place your image link (the URL) between those tags with no spaces.

ben says

« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2013, 05:48:42 PM »
^ What if there is no URL link, i.e., you're posting your own picture?

funwithteeth

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2013, 06:03:59 PM »
Your picture's gonna need to be hosted somewhere—Facebook, Photobucket, etc.—unless this board lets you attach your own images. Which, as far as I'm aware, it does not. I could be wrong.

BIG CHEESE 723

« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2013, 02:12:10 PM »
KK is almost gone as of 2 p.m.  Took pics. and we are going back to see what is left.  Fun With Teeth-sorry still can't upload...even with help.  ):  The new ones can be seen at the same place as the old ones.  If you want to post any more for me, it's okay.  If not, okay with that, too.

BIG CHEESE 723

« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2013, 08:59:08 PM »
I was informed today that there is an opening time estimate of 120 days.

ChriswUfGator

« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2013, 08:24:56 AM »
So they replaced a solid brick building that was perfectly serviceable and would have lasted 100 more years with a prefab foam box that will be fully operational in 120 days, which backing out time for equipment installation, hiring and training, etc., means probably 60 or less days for construction? Idiots.

BIG CHEESE 723

« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2013, 09:58:44 AM »
I, too would have much preferred re-habbing the old building.  It was not my choice.  I am happy to see that Krispy Kreme is coming back to its old location.  Many people have missed it and the fact the closest places to get KK are across the river is not an easy hop, skip and jump away.
A vacant spot on Cassat will have new life and jobs will be filled.  That is the positive.