Saturday, October 25, 2014
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Join Metro Jacksonville and get in on the conversation today!Already have an account?  Sign In

Author Topic: Why I'm Supporting Mellow Mushroom in Avondale  (Read 10593 times)

funguy

Re: Why I'm Supporting Mellow Mushroom in Avondale
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2012, 09:59:04 AM »

DUDE
A word that americans use to address each other. Particularly stoners, surfers and skaters.

Your innability to contribute to the discussion is truly astounding.  To your credit, in the back of my head I’m thinking that you’re not a loony old bat who forgot to take their meds, but a clever wordsmith just having some fun. Your lack of coherence is too profound not to be intentional.

If this is representative of the kinds of things valentino has to deal with, then I have true sympathy for the man.  As the old saying goes, It's impossible to win in an argument when the other side doesn't feel the need to make any sense.

Thank you...
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference

If_I_Loved_you

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2012, 10:03:31 AM »

DUDE
A word that americans use to address each other. Particularly stoners, surfers and skaters.

Your innability to contribute to the discussion is truly astounding.  To your credit, in the back of my head I’m thinking that you’re not a loony old bat who forgot to take their meds, but a clever wordsmith just having some fun. Your lack of coherence is too profound not to be intentional.

If this is representative of the kinds of things valentino has to deal with, then I have true sympathy for the man.  As the old saying goes, It's impossible to win in an argument when the other side doesn't feel the need to make any sense.

Thank you...

cline

« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2012, 10:07:41 AM »

DUDE

Thank you...

Look on the bright side Dennis, when St. Johns Avenue turns into Bourbon Street you'll be able to increase your rents tremendously.  Have you seen how much it costs to rent places in the French Quarter?  $$$$$$  And since you said you provide off-street parking-even more money for you.  Cha-ching.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2012, 10:28:45 AM »
So there goes the argument of declining property values.....

stephendare

• Metro Jacksonville
  • truth beauty art and love
    • MetroJacksonville
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2012, 10:58:29 AM »

Well according to Dennis, he bought his property 30 years ago, when the property wasnt worth very much.  Since then the commerical establishments have invested millions of dollars in the community and the property values have risen substantially.

Interesting thing about Alicia Grant.

Apparently she also picked up very cheap property in Avondale.  She spent approximately 1/10th of what Valentino alone has spent thus far.
And now abide faith, hope and love; these three, but the greatest of these is love

funguy

« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2012, 07:28:05 AM »

Of course..
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference

Tacachale

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2012, 11:00:56 AM »

Of course..

You really think an abandoned gas station turning into a pizza restaurant, or the emergence of a destination retail strip in your neighborhood, will decrease your property value?
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

funguy

« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2012, 12:47:16 PM »
no

cline

« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2012, 01:01:16 PM »
^So your issue is the fact that you currently have to deal with "drunks" waking you and your tenants up night.  I would recommend directing your anger towards The Brick, Monty's, Blue Fish et. al. since they are the ones causing your problem.  MM hasn't been built yet so obviously they are not the problem.  Or perhaps you should direct your anger towards some of your neighbors who also very well may be the drunks awakening you at night.

funguy

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2012, 01:31:33 PM »
When is enough enough?

cline

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2012, 01:36:10 PM »
When is enough enough?

When you open up your checkbook and purchase all the available commercial properties at the Shoppes so you can redevelop them as you wish.  The gas station property was for sale for a long time.  You had your chance.

funwithteeth

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2012, 01:40:39 PM »
Dennis is like one of those old AIMbots that had a limited stock of phrases to which to respond to whatever you said to it.

drhandbook

« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2012, 02:45:07 PM »
I'm not going to be happy until I can pass out nekkid in the middle of the shoppes chugging bottles of night train while waiting for my pizza.

funguy

« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2012, 08:03:50 AM »
Love you all..
I am off for a cruise over Christmas..Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year...

Dennis

520 days at sea
45 cruises
12 cruise lines
T/P, T/A, Hawaii, Central & South America, New Zealand & South Pacific, Rio/ Amazon, Alaska

If_I_Loved_you

« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2012, 08:44:16 AM »
Love you all..
I am off for a cruise over Christmas..Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year...

Dennis

520 days at sea
45 cruises
12 cruise lines
T/P, T/A, Hawaii, Central & South America, New Zealand & South Pacific, Rio/ Amazon, Alaska
And by the time you come back Mellow Mushroom will be breaking ground?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 08:46:10 AM by If_I_Loved_you »