Author Topic: Retail-less Parador Parking Garage Up For DDRB Appoval  (Read 19784 times)

ChriswUfGator

Re: Retail-less Parador Parking Garage Up For DDRB Appoval
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2012, 08:53:14 AM »
Also, doesn't the % Leased # look a tad inflated?

Oh, don't get me started on that.

Owners & managers (especially C&W) lie like cheap rugs about vacancy rates on the northbank. About the only honest one down there is Sleiman, who admits COJ screwed him and the whole thing's empty.

PeeJayEss

« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2012, 02:21:45 PM »
Oh, don't get me started on that.

Owners & managers (especially C&W) lie like cheap rugs about vacancy rates on the northbank. About the only honest one down there is Sleiman, who admits COJ screwed him and the whole thing's empty.

Exaggeration of vacancy rates should be illegal!!  :P

fieldafm

• Editor

I-10east

« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2013, 04:52:16 PM »

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2013, 02:03:26 AM »
So, will they be adding the retail component, since they have their big tenant?
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Jason

• Global Moderator
  • I am the man in the box...
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2013, 08:30:39 AM »
Doubtful.

JayBird

• Jersey born, live between Fleming Island&SoHo, NYC
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2013, 08:44:34 AM »
But wasn't that part of the agreement with the City? Also, wouldn't be cheaper in long run to build retail component now instead of later?
Proud supporter of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

"Whenever I’ve been at a decision point, and there was an easy way and a hard way, the hard way always turned out to be the right way." ~Shahid Khan

http://www.facebook.com/jerzbird http://www.twitter.com/JasonBird80

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2013, 10:41:15 PM »
This project is still behind schedule but they intend to break ground before the end of the year.

Parador's Downtown parking garage to break ground by year's end

full article: http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/news/2013/10/02/paradors-downtown-parking-garage-to.html
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

urbaknight

« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2013, 01:52:13 PM »
Just a half hour ago, my friend And I were talking about the garage. Hope to see it happen soon.

Just below the article they have an article about the landing and that slaiman is considering adding residential to the landing. Just scroll down a little bit and you should see it. If he can successfully put in those much needed apartments (for rentals, NOT condos that cost 100's of thousands to buy) then he would partially be redeemed in my book.

edjax

« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2013, 02:54:01 PM »

Parador garage plans filed
Thursday, October 3, 10:11 AM EDT
A long-planned parking garage is taking shape along Hogan Street across from the Jacksonville Landing and next to the SunTrust Tower. The Haskell Co. has filed site development plans with the city for the six-level Parador Partners parking garage at 37 S. Hogan St. Downtown. The project is designed on vacant space. Plans show a 607-space garage that also has a line of retail spaces facing Hogan Street.

^^the above is from the daily record.  It seems to indicate what was filed with the city actually includes the retail on Hogan.  Does this really mean they are going to proceed from the beginning with the retail component??

tufsu1

« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2013, 04:04:41 PM »
^ the agreement they struck required a retail component once the tower was leased at a certain percentage (I think something like 60%)....if they get this insurance company signed, it will meet the threshold.

edjax

« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2013, 04:09:38 PM »
^ yes I understood that to be the case. So this filing then with the city to begin construction indicating the retail does not mean they follow what they are filing?  Seems like if what was approved did not require the retail until the threshold was met they would then file with the city to begin construction documents that do not include the retail. 

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2017, 03:44:26 PM »
http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2017-10-18/scam-overbilled-companies-dowtown-s-suntrust-tower-ends-fraud-guilty-plea

This 'upstanding businessmen' as he was described in public meetings (dude made a small fortune with payment processing companies, selling one to American Express and another to First Data) took taxpayer money to build a parking garage downtown (described in this thread), lied about whether they were going to flip the property, then got Mayor Brown's office and a few key City Council reps (who they had a business relationship with) to quietly amend the terms of their deal and remove any and all clawback language (designed to protect the City against using taxpayer money to flip a property).

As of this year, they were still in discussions with the Downtown Investment Authority regarding extending a since-expired Development Agreement for Sisters City Plaza. Parador originally indicated that they would be using the site to build a Marriott hotel, then as the Development Agreement expired... they came back to propose extending that agreement so they could build a Dunkin Donuts with a drive-thru on site (which of course would require another major zoning exception, not unlike the exceptions they got to build the parking garage).

I seriously doubt he sees any prison time but more importantly, here's hoping that the City of Jacksonville quits doing business with him once and for all.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 03:51:46 PM by fieldafm »

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2017, 08:46:07 AM »
Wow!