Friday, October 31, 2014
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Join Metro Jacksonville and get in on the conversation today!Already have an account?  Sign In

Author Topic: Construction on SR 9B Continues to Advance  (Read 4313 times)

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
Re: Construction on SR 9B Continues to Advance
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2012, 11:56:46 PM »
CHECK THIS OUT:  http://youtu.be/K1qY8nPqcCw

Exactly my point Fallen Buckeye, all of these photo's are taken in the 'hills' around Portland, Oregon. The truck in the mud slide illustrates the difficulty in building on the unstable hill or mountain sides.

Estacada? Hell's bells I only lived a couple of mile away in Boring, I'd love to see them try and plop a house down around the old Eagle Creek Trestle a remain from the interurban era.

Charles Hunter

« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2012, 07:49:49 AM »
When did SR 9B get moved to Oregon?  Thread drift anyone?  :)

Spence

« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2012, 01:36:42 AM »
Ocklawaha
July 18, 2012, 01:45:22 PM
Looking at the map is often a clue to the intent, in this case it's pretty obvious they don't plan to quit at Race Track Road. BTW Acme, the 'some other road' is indeed Race Track Road. Hooking into Race Track will make I-95 accessible from Julington Creek Plantation. Continuing on to St. Johns Parkway would certainly pull some of the SR-210 rush traffic off of the super-slab and reroute them onto the new I-795 (AKA-9-B).

If they're going to go ahead with this thing, in fact many of these 'things', then I'd wish to see I-795, cross the river onto Flemming Island, perhaps even pulling the stupid Branon-Chafee Turnpike crossing up and merging them together. The down side of their current plan is they will destroy the potential future of Clay County Barge Port at Green Cove Springs. Though Clay is asleep at the helm, just like Jacksonville, their port is one of the very few in the entire country that has marine, rail and airport all within the same grounds. They could convert these assets into a super-job-generator, with extension of one or two of the runways, at the old Naval Base, and relaying the railroad track to reach the docks. BINGO, instant regional intermodal terminal.  For a similar terminal with a slight disconnect to the barge facility which is some miles away, see Huntsville (AL) Intermodal Facility.
Why is the world full of humans a lot less friendly than we ought to be?