Lots of questions to be answered to make the best decision about the food trucks for Jax Beach.
Here are some of them:
1. Where should food trucks be allowed??
How long can a truck stay in one place?
Cruise until someone flags them down?
Where are they allowed? Private, public, both?
Zoning districts? Residential areas?
Should there be a mobile vending overlay zone?
What about during special events?
Allow food truck rallies?
2. Specific locations be designated by the city?
3. Days and hours of operation be set and what are reasonable limits?
Days of the week? All day? Fri-Sun? Holidays? Other?
What hours of the day?? All day? 10am-2pm?
4. Buffers or seperation requirements from brick and mortars, residential uses, schools, other food trucks?
distance from brick and mortar? What is a reasonable separation requirement? Should each truck be separated from each other and how far??
5. Permit on the number of food trucks permitted?
How many? How many per person? Automatic annual renewals or a reapplication process??
6. How will the application process be managed?
What department should be responsible? What information should be required? Timing? What should be done if initial quota of food trucks is not filled? Processing Periods? And Fees?
7. Should the city set operational standards, such as restroom or hand washing stations, beyond those already under state law?
8. What other operation requirements should be put in place (design standards, nosise, litter, lighting, etc?
9. (sorry moving rapidly)
10. Revocation questions?
Trigger revocation of food truck permit?? Failure to pay fees? Are food trucks a public nuisance?
If you have comments you can contact Jacksonville Beach Planning: firstname.lastname@example.org