Author Topic: Clean Up of Annie Lytle School Continues This Weekend  (Read 10637 times)

Timkin

Re: Clean Up of Annie Lytle School Continues This Weekend
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2013, 05:17:03 PM »
^ That is awesome!..  Perhaps this coming Saturday , I can be there.  I think the Columns have to be painted again to cover tagging.

Thanks Big Cheese, and thanks to your help as well.  I look forward to meeting all of you.

BIG CHEESE 723

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2013, 05:52:30 PM »
Tim, I can't believe how stoked they were.  They have a short attention span but this clicked with them.  I think it helped that I let them go a short way inside...you know the old "haunted house" mystique.  The columns and the walls outside.  Autumn and Maddie wantd to go buy spray paint so they could paint over the dirty words.
Not any surprise, in the room next to the front door on the right hand side someone has been sleeping  It was too dark to step inside.  I tried to pulling things out with our stick, but couldn't reach it. ):  I will do my best to be there again Sat
Also went by KK and took more pics. while it was being pulled down.  I think by tomorrow or the next day it will be down to nothing but rubble.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:12:06 PM by BIG CHEESE 723 »

BIG CHEESE 723

Re: Clean Up of Annie Lytle School Continues
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2013, 09:14:16 PM »
I have talked to my granddaughter and told her the man in charge-YOU, lol- had invited her to work.  She is enthusiastic.  Do you have a time in mind? 
Oh!  Autumn loves to paint.  I had to lock up all the paint and spray cans.  My driveway and mailox and anything else she could think to mess with.
If we aren't there, we are either at the hospital with my other granddaughter.  She is due any time.  The other is I have a funeral to attend.  Arrangements have not been mad as of yet. 
I will try and let you know if I have to skip out on you.  ):

Timkin

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2013, 05:52:04 PM »
Big Cheese.. We typically begin about 8:30-9am  on Saturdays.

As to going into the building ...obviously it is not mine to say do or do not, but be careful...  many hazards present.   Hope to assemble a crew to get underway  with cleanup shortly. 

If you cannot make it , that is okay.  If you can, great :)

Dog Walker

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2013, 10:08:53 AM »
Bring some white paint too.  The columns have obscenities painted on them by some cretin.
When all else fails hug the dog.

BIG CHEESE 723

« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2013, 08:07:05 PM »
Trust me.  I am well aware of the graffiti.  More has ben added in the past 2 weeks.

Timkin

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2013, 02:12:55 AM »
Bring some white paint too.  The columns have obscenities painted on them by some cretin.

Will do!   Have accepted that this is going to continue to be to do over and over. 

Too bad we cannot graffiti the taggers :(   Might change their ambition to deface property that does not belong to them.

Oh well  :P

BIG CHEESE 723

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2013, 09:30:40 AM »
I have always felt that if they get caught they should be sentenced to Community Service.  Make them go around and paint over their mess and everybody else's, too.  If we put thm to work fixing the messes maybe it might less inclined to "mark their territory." 
If nothing else, let the punishment fit the crime.

Dog Walker

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2013, 10:41:59 AM »
I think that reproducing their tags on their tummies with a branding iron would be appropriate.

BIG CHEESE 723

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2013, 11:39:29 AM »
That's seems a little harsh, don't you think? 
We could probably get some out at the feed store custom made.  It would be my pleasure to be the first to use them. lol.
We are about to head over there.  Have to pick up my little team of Jr. enforcers.  Stopping to get paint and we are on our way.

stephendare

• Metro Jacksonville
  • truth beauty art and love
    • MetroJacksonville
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2013, 11:54:57 AM »
That's seems a little harsh, don't you think? 
We could probably get some out at the feed store custom made.  It would be my pleasure to be the first to use them. lol.
We are about to head over there.  Have to pick up my little team of Jr. enforcers.  Stopping to get paint and we are on our way.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ft9sCV-eJ0w" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ft9sCV-eJ0w</a>

skip ahead to 1:50 for the chat on young criminals.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 11:56:56 AM by stephendare »
And now abide faith, hope and love; these three, but the greatest of these is love

BIG CHEESE 723

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2013, 12:03:48 PM »
lol
It did occur to me from my coomment about marking territory, that we, too are marking our territory by obliterating theirs.
Here's to our nefarious invasionto take back our city one bit at a time

stephendare

• Metro Jacksonville
  • truth beauty art and love
    • MetroJacksonville
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2013, 12:14:27 PM »
I just think its ironic that we want to physically harm the teenagers with the spray can for their damage to the building, but would probably love to take the owner of the building that let the roof fall in on itself to lunch to 'share some ideas' with them.
And now abide faith, hope and love; these three, but the greatest of these is love

Dog Walker

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2013, 01:50:56 PM »
Stephen, don't take revenge fantasies seriously.  One I have is making the owners of the building live in it until they come up with a restoration plan.

And most of the graffiti vandals are not teenagers.  Those recently arrested range in age from 23 to 36! Get a life, people!

BIG CHEESE 723

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2013, 03:14:31 PM »
Okay now.  Can't we all just get along?
I have an 11 year old 19 year old in the bathroom right now trying removed paint.
THEY have been painting the columns and now they are, as of 30 minutes ago almost pristine.  Thy wanted to find more things to paint out inside the building but that I didn't see as being feasible.  Besides, they ran out of paint.