Monday, July 28, 2014
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Join Metro Jacksonville and get in on the conversation today!Already have an account?  Sign In

Author Topic: BEER:30 Opens on King Street!  (Read 2409 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
BEER:30 Opens on King Street!
« on: June 07, 2012, 03:04:03 AM »
BEER:30 Opens on King Street!

There is no denying that King Street is the place to be and open a business these days.  One of the newest to open is also one of the coolest and most obvious of all:  Beer:30.  Join us after the jump for a photo tour of the small but well turned out shop on King Street.  MetroJacksonville, represented by David Paulk, interviews owner Justen Mann.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2012-jun-beer30-opens-on-king-street

simms3

Re: BEER:30 Opens on King Street!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 07:30:17 AM »
That's awesome.  That King St corridor is turning out to be really cool...totally beer themed!  I hope sometime soon some denser infill gets proposed for the corridor so that we can start to have a street that resembles something from a larger city/PacNW.

ben says

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 07:37:59 AM »
Best area in town, hands down.

TPC

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 07:54:08 AM »
I'll be stopping by this Friday to pick up a sixer.

cline

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 08:09:55 AM »
Stopped in there when they opened last Friday.  Pick up a six pack of Hoplanta- good stuff.  They have a great selection.  Awesome addition to the neighborhood.

Gonzo

• Beer is Good!
    • The Jax Beer Guy
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 08:42:49 AM »
Been talking to these guys for a while now. Great guys and great idea. Hope they do well, can't imagine they will not.
Born cold, wet, and crying; Gonzo has never-the-less risen to the pinnacle of the beer-loving world. You can read his dubious insights at www.JaxBeerGuy.com (click the BLOG link).

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 09:10:08 AM »
I will be stopping in soon... but I have a question regarding bottled beer that I am hoping someone can answer.  I love trying new and different beers but usually do so at the micro brew house.  My question is about shelf life and freshness of bottled micro brews.  Is there a way to tell the date brewed or bottled?  Once bottled how long can it remain on the shelf? 
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Bridges

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 09:22:28 AM »
Really cool store. 

I don't think they had individual purchase for all their beers though. That would be my only suggestion.  They had 3 shelves for individual purchase, but the selection was limited.  It's hard to commit to a six pack when you're not sure if you'll like it....especially for a beer newbie like me. 

There is craft beer store in Daytona attached to McK's Tavern.  They have it set up so that every beer can be individually purchased.  You grab an empty 6-pack carton and fill it up.
So I said to him: Arthur, Artie come on, why does the salesman have to die? Change the title; The life of a salesman. That's what people want to see.

Bativac

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 09:32:23 AM »
BridgeTroll I have the same question. I've only been drinking beer for the past year or so and I've found that stuff I love on tap is never as good in the bottle. I've bought bottles from places ranging from Grassroots to Total Wine to Whole Foods to, uhh, World Market. The same beer from all four places will have a slightly different flavor. Is that just me? Do some places (Grassroots) handle bottled beer better than others (World Market)?

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 09:45:24 AM »
BridgeTroll I have the same question. I've only been drinking beer for the past year or so and I've found that stuff I love on tap is never as good in the bottle. I've bought bottles from places ranging from Grassroots to Total Wine to Whole Foods to, uhh, World Market. The same beer from all four places will have a slightly different flavor. Is that just me? Do some places (Grassroots) handle bottled beer better than others (World Market)?

I found this... but it does not exactly inspire confidence...

http://www.tastings.com/beer/perishable.html
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

jerry cornwell

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 09:50:13 AM »
 FWIW, bottled beer has a definite shelf life and the merchants, with the suppliers, should rigorously maintain that. If you buy a bad beer, you wont go back to that supplier (or brand).
King street rocks.
Democracy is TERRIBLE!  But its the best we got!  W.S. Churchill

PeeJayEss

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 09:54:35 AM »
Beer! Woohoo!

Tacachale

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 09:56:16 AM »
Good news for the street and for the local beer culture. We're seeing some truly impressive growth there.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Captain Zissou

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 10:37:02 AM »
They have a great selection. The picture of the round table with all the beer on it was Sam Smith's brewery beers. Those were all on sale in addition to intuition. I think a king street octoberfest is inevitable at this point. The next things to look forward to in 'The Street' are Lola's and Dahlia's. Later in the year there will be Salt Fig and hopefully G&G. Big things!!!

cline

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 10:44:57 AM »
How much longer until Lola's opens?  I see they've already got the sign up.