Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1236583 times)

Wacca Pilatka

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #8835 on: October 23, 2017, 10:13:55 AM »
The Colts had not been shut out in the last 375 games.  Funny how the number 375 tends to show up in Jaguar humiliations of the Colts.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #8836 on: October 26, 2017, 12:08:44 AM »
Jags signed Telvin Smith to a 4 year extension today.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #8837 on: October 26, 2017, 07:46:45 AM »
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/25/jaguars-sign-linebacker-telvin-smith-to-four-year-extension/

Jaguars sign linebacker Telvin Smith to four-year extension
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on October 25, 2017, 10:24 PM EDT

Two weeks after being awarded AFC Defensive Player of the Week honors, linebacker Telvin Smith was given a more tangible reward by the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The Jaguars announced they’ve signed Smith to a four-year extension Wednesday night. The deal is worth $50 million, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.com.

Smith was set to be a free agent at the end of the season. He’s now under contract through the 2021 season.

“Telvin has been a productive player and an important piece of our defense and he has earned his second contract,” executive vice president Tom Coughlin said in a statement.

“We want to identify the players who will contribute to help this team win going forward and reward those who can do that. Telvin is certainly one of those players for us. This is a high performance business and we look for his continued development as a team leader both on and off the field.

“Along with this new contract, Telvin must accept the high expectations that go with it.”

Smith has been a steady producer for the Jaguars over his first four seasons in the league. With the Jaguars tied for the AFC South lead and their defense fractionally behind Seattle for fewest points allowed in the league through seven weeks, Smith has become a more visible star in the making.

Smith has appeared in 53 games with Jacksonville over the last four seasons while making 46 starts over that span. He’s recorded at least 100 tackles in each of his first three seasons.

“I am excited about the opportunity to continue my career in Jacksonville and stay with the team that believed in me coming into the league in 2014,” Smith said in a statement.

“I am grateful for my family, my friends, my teammates, my coaches, and the incredible Jaguars fans for always supporting me and allowing me to play this game that I love. I also want to thank Shad Khan and the Jaguars organization for believing in me and giving me this amazing opportunity. It’s been a privilege these last four years and there is so much that I want to accomplish as a teammate and as an individual in this league.

“We have created a bond in that locker room and everyone is committed to our goal of winning football games. I am honored to be a part of that culture and help continue to lead this team in the right direction.”
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Jim

• MetJax
« Reply #8838 on: October 26, 2017, 09:26:55 AM »
Well earned.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #8839 on: October 26, 2017, 10:38:58 AM »
Well earned.

Question of the Day:

In your opinion, when's the last time you were happy/satisfied that we extended a player we originally drafted into a long-term contract?

MJD?  2009-ish?
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

Jim

• MetJax
« Reply #8840 on: October 26, 2017, 11:38:52 AM »
Well earned.

Question of the Day:

In your opinion, when's the last time you were happy/satisfied that we extended a player we originally drafted into a long-term contract?

MJD?  2009-ish?

No doubt that it has been a while.  But that's really the motto of the year, isn't it?

The only others I can think of since 2009 are:
Allen Hurns in 2017
Abry Jones in 2017
Paul Posluzney in 2015

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #8841 on: October 26, 2017, 12:02:43 PM »
Well earned.

Question of the Day:

MJD?  2009-ish?

No doubt that it has been a while.  But that's really the motto of the year, isn't it?

Allen Hurns in 2017
Abry Jones in 2017
Paul Posluzney in 2015

Lol Jim! NRW asked about players originally drafted by the Jaguars. None of those players were DRAFTED by us.

OK, sorry for being an ahole, i'm just teasing. I can't even think of what would be my answer...it has been that long. I guess by default we'll go with MJD.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #8842 on: October 26, 2017, 12:05:28 PM »
Well earned.

Question of the Day:

MJD?  2009-ish?

Linder. But that seems like an eternity!

Jim

• MetJax
« Reply #8843 on: October 26, 2017, 12:07:19 PM »
Well earned.

Question of the Day:

MJD?  2009-ish?

Allen Hurns in 2017
Abry Jones in 2017
Paul Posluzney in 2015

Lol Jim! NRW asked about players originally drafted by the Jaguars. None of those players were DRAFTED by us.

OK, sorry for being an ahole, i'm just teasing. I can't even think of what would be my answer...it has been that long. I guess by default we'll go with MJD.

Ah, good catch.  That considered, MJD it is.  And while we didn't draft Hurns, we are the first team he signed with.  That's as close as it gets after MJD.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #8844 on: October 26, 2017, 12:23:20 PM »
Interesting. Not sure if this is an open opportunity or just for non renewers but just got a  "5 pack "season ticket email and must admit I would be tempted since we have avoided the 2 preseason games and 2 losses. LOL.  I suddenly feel like Michael Corleone "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in."

Some great seats available but we have a poorly timed out of town trip.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #8845 on: October 26, 2017, 01:01:55 PM »
Well earned.

Question of the Day:

MJD?  2009-ish?

I considered Linder but to be honest it just didn't get me excited the way Telvin or MJD do.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #8846 on: October 26, 2017, 01:42:19 PM »
Interesting. Not sure if this is an open opportunity or just for non renewers but just got a  "5 pack "season ticket email and must admit I would be tempted since we have avoided the 2 preseason games and 2 losses. LOL.  I suddenly feel like Michael Corleone "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in."

And just like Michael,  they have pulled us back in. As much as I loathe to give the NFL money, my wife would not have been pleased if we did not pull the trigger on this deal. And, quite frankly, I am a pretty smart guy. Thus, deal done.

So, for anyone who did not renew and are possibly interested, here is the deal:

Everything gets reinstated as if you renewed at the beginning of the year--seniority, loyalty pricing for next year, etc.

We still received loyalty pricing for this year, just not as good as if we had renewed at the start.

So end result, we don't pay for the two preseason games, we miss two losses, all of the hot weather games, end up with a 10 row improvement on our old seats, and save about $1500.  Not bad. 2017 continues to be a ridiculous year for me.

We have to dump the Bungles game, but we will be back at the Bank for the Gus Bradley Bowl!!!!

I am a season ticket holder again! Keith in Jax, do you love me now? C'mon, give me a digital hug.....

Now, I just need to try to rekindle my NFL fire.... being at the game should help.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 01:47:50 PM by sanmarcomatt »

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #8847 on: October 26, 2017, 01:46:24 PM »
Well earned.

Question of the Day:

MJD?  2009-ish?

I considered Linder but to be honest it just didn't get me excited the way Telvin or MJD do.

I just took a knee in protest to support white offensive lineman.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #8848 on: October 27, 2017, 08:14:54 PM »
Wow. With the pathetic schedule and no great teams, the Jags are going for it. Nice of them to fix the run defense  a day after we get our season tkts.

http://nfltraderumors.co/breaking-bills-trading-dt-marcell-dareus-jaguars/

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #8849 on: October 27, 2017, 09:42:25 PM »
I heard the Jags are throwing in a free dinner for two at Cowford Chophouse for all Matt's living in San Marco. You're coming up roses, my friend!!