Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1171211 times)

sanmarcomatt

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #8625 on: September 24, 2017, 12:44:26 PM »
Fake punt at that point in the game? Glad it happened to the Ravens but only the Jags could look like pathetic losers up 37-0. Sad.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #8626 on: September 24, 2017, 12:47:05 PM »
Fake punt at that point in the game? Glad it happened to the Ravens but only the Jags could look like pathetic losers up 37-0. Sad.

You're not even kidding?

With all the shit our team (mostly deservedly) takes, that was a statement.  It's a conference game, and score does come into play for a playoff tiebreaker.

Had it been a division game, we would have probably put up 60 and left the D on the field for the shutout.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #8627 on: September 24, 2017, 12:48:23 PM »
^ Seemed like a reasonable response to the Ravens' usual.habit of getting chippy after every play when they're out of the game.

Anyone catch the pregame show where the sarcastic lady ridiculed Jones-Drew for predicting a big day for Lewis?  And Brian Billick called a shutout win for the Ravens?
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

KenFSU

« Reply #8628 on: September 24, 2017, 12:50:31 PM »
Absolutely fantastic game.

Really happy to see Shad Khan take a stand against Trump too, particularly with how supportive he's been of him in the past.

Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #8629 on: September 24, 2017, 12:52:22 PM »
And Harbaugh wouldn't have hesitated to kick a field goal to break up the shutout.

You could see Tucker jogging over the sideline right before the TD was scored.

I'd bunt to break up a no-hitter, too.  Play the game.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

MusicMan

« Reply #8630 on: September 24, 2017, 01:01:19 PM »
Best part BY FAR was Shad Khan telling Trump the Twitter-er in Chief to go fuck himself in the most wonderful way, standing with the players ON THE FIELD and issuing the statement.

A Muslim immigrant, a true self made man, has more balls than all the other NFL owners combined. 

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #8631 on: September 24, 2017, 02:18:16 PM »

You're not even kidding?

With all the shit our team (mostly deservedly) takes, that was a statement.  It's a conference game, and score does come into play for a playoff tiebreaker.

Had it been a division game, we would have probably put up 60 and left the D on the field for the shutout.

I have no problem with anyone who is fine with it. Especially with a punk, whining team like the Harbaughs.

To me, it was embarrassing.

Snaketoz

« Reply #8632 on: September 24, 2017, 03:13:33 PM »
I bet nearly 100% of true Jaguars fans loved running up the score.  It's about time, as it's been awhile. Now, if they can only figure out how to manhandle the Titans.

Tacachale

« Reply #8633 on: September 24, 2017, 04:33:20 PM »
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #8634 on: September 24, 2017, 05:55:45 PM »
I bet nearly 100% of true Jaguars fans loved running up the score. 

Agreed. I get so sick of all the "fake Jaguar fans" that jumped on the bandwagon the last 10 years.

seaspray

« Reply #8635 on: September 24, 2017, 06:30:24 PM »

You're not even kidding?

I know right. We have been the punching bag for the league for the last 6 years or so. It's about time we took a team to the woodshed, and when we do, we will do it with authority. This team mentally needed to lay a beatdown on somebody just like this

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #8636 on: September 24, 2017, 08:31:18 PM »
I am loving all of the attention to the National Anthem. Everyone that was so offended by Kap must be laying in a ball on the floor sobbing.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #8637 on: September 24, 2017, 10:23:52 PM »
I am loving all of the attention to the National Anthem. Everyone that was so offended by Kap must be laying in a ball on the floor sobbing.

Kaep who?

All I see is a bunch of players upset over comments from the POTUS a few days ago.

Hell... I've already forgotten why they were kneeling before today to begin with.
-Douglas Adams

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #8638 on: September 24, 2017, 10:58:16 PM »
Great win today

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #8639 on: September 24, 2017, 11:36:23 PM »
Re: the fake punt, the way I see it, it is pretty normal for a team to go for it in that situation by lining up in a run formation. So faking the punt isn't that much different...why not try out the play and also put it on tape for the rest of the season so every other opponent has to think about it?