Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1181535 times)

remc86007

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #8595 on: September 17, 2017, 07:12:32 PM »
That loss was Bortles fault. The defense was fine in the first half before they got tired from being on the field. Three turnovers directly attributable to Bortles is completely unacceptable. Please start Henne.

MusicMan

« Reply #8596 on: September 18, 2017, 08:46:34 AM »
Got crazy and dropped $75 for a ticket to yesterday's fiasco.  Our offense is once again painful to watch.

After watching the Packers and Atlanta I am utterly mystified by the Jags. Those two teams execute so many nice offensive plays, long drives. The Jags struggles to string together a couple of first downs.

It's hard to believe they are in the same league, and one designed with parity in mind. Our offense looks literally unchanged from the last few years, incredibly boring to watch. Sluggish. No creativity. The Titans have achieved what we are hoping for. They have had almost the exact same draft opportunities we have had yet they have 2 young Heisman Trophy winners, a stoudt offensive line,  a stellar tight end who makes lots of plays.

Off to London and the Ravens, who have Joe Flacco and looked pretty good yesterday as well.

P.S.  The loss was not JUST Bortles fault. The whole team dropped a duece on us. Marcedes dropping a wide open pass.  .......
There was plenty of blame to go around. FACT: The Titans are a better team. The Jags played with no urgency. We need that on every play because our margin of error is razor thin. More than 3 big mistakes and we almost certainly lose. They Titans played well. Focused solid football. Shad spent $45 million on scoreboards. They are nice, but I still wish he had invested it into the team instead.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:56:03 AM by MusicMan »

Snaketoz

« Reply #8597 on: September 18, 2017, 08:55:14 AM »
It's a shame that the Jaguar's offense has to play to Bortle's strengths, which as far as I can see are none.

Murder_me_Rachel

« Reply #8598 on: September 18, 2017, 09:28:23 AM »

LA will absolutely be in demand once the stadium is completed. It will become a destination and people will want to be there.

Yeah, it is DEFINITELY the stadium keeping people away.  In fact, that modern marvel of stadium technology right across tow, the Rose Bowl, couldn't draw 80,000 for a mediocre college game ...oh wait, yes, yes, they did. 

Also: https://twitter.com/MattBaylow/status/909575488548376576/photo/1

https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/909513998504124417
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 09:30:09 AM by Murder_me_Rachel »

remc86007

« Reply #8599 on: September 18, 2017, 11:35:20 AM »
It's a shame that the Jaguar's offense has to play to Bortle's strengths, which as far as I can see are none.

I can't remember the last time he messed up a handoff...so there is that.

I know other players played poorly, and the drops definitely contributed, but I think the whole team performed worse and worse as the game went on simply because they lost hope as a result of Bortles performance. There is nothing more motivating as a defense than saving your quarterback's ass with a great redzone stop only to have him give it right back to the other team.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #8600 on: September 18, 2017, 12:15:26 PM »
I went to the game yesterday.  The first half was horrible. That game would have been over a lot earlier if Tennessee simply features Henry as their primary RB. Overall, I thought the defense played well until the Jags fell behind more than a single possession. At that point, the game was over anyway because the offense simply couldn't get anything going. Btw, I'd run Fournette into the ground. Dude could probably sustain a drive or two by himself, as opposed to the RB by committee thing.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Lucasjj

« Reply #8601 on: September 18, 2017, 01:58:35 PM »
...Btw, I'd run Fournette into the ground.

That is what they are going to do. Most rookies fade during a season as they adapt to the toughness of the NFL and the 16 game schedule. Add that to the fact that he is making plays by running though people and he won't make it far into this year. The running holes look the same for Fournette as they have had for the last several years. He is just good enough and strong enough to get positive yards out if it. However his body will only take so much abuse when the box is stacked with 8 defenders every time.

Snaketoz

« Reply #8602 on: September 19, 2017, 07:10:11 AM »
Finally, the Jaguars have addressed their QB problem.  They have signed Ryan Nassib, who was recently released by the New Orleans Saints.  He played for Marrone at Syracuse.  He was a 4th round pick by Coughlin while he was with the NY Giants in 2013.  The Jaguars need to move on from their past.  They have a lot of expensive players who aren't pulling their share of the load.  Bortles, Marcedes Lewis, and an Alabama RB on the injured list come to mind.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #8603 on: September 19, 2017, 07:57:07 AM »
I doubt Nassib resolves their QB issue. It's something they're going to have to seriously address in the offseason via free agency or the draft.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

KenFSU

« Reply #8604 on: September 19, 2017, 01:33:01 PM »
I think Nassib is just being brought in to backup Henne, in the event that we give up on Bortles and shelf him to avoid a $19 million injury.
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

JaxAvondale

« Reply #8605 on: September 19, 2017, 01:38:04 PM »
Finally, the Jaguars have addressed their QB problem.  They have signed Ryan Nassib, who was recently released by the New Orleans Saints.  He played for Marrone at Syracuse.  He was a 4th round pick by Coughlin while he was with the NY Giants in 2013.  The Jaguars need to move on from their past.  They have a lot of expensive players who aren't pulling their share of the load.  Bortles, Marcedes Lewis, and an Alabama RB on the injured list come to mind.

Yeldon is on a rookie contract. He's not that expensive.

Snaketoz

« Reply #8606 on: September 19, 2017, 05:27:54 PM »
I doubt Nassib resolves their QB issue. It's something they're going to have to seriously address in the offseason via free agency or the draft.
I don't disagree.  I don't think it will solve the problem, but just admit Bortles isn't working out and move on.  The Jaguars always seem to make mistakes and instead of solving their problems, they seem to think time will.  They gave Gus Bradley too long, and they're making the same mistake with Blake.  Henne would be a better QB than Bortles if he could untie those car batteries affixed to his ankles.  I think Nassib will be more mobile until someone else comes along.

MusicMan

« Reply #8607 on: September 19, 2017, 10:20:51 PM »
4 QB's on the roster?  Wow.  What a mess.

3 QB's..............  What happened to Brandon Allen?   
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:23:27 PM by MusicMan »

Snaketoz

« Reply #8608 on: September 20, 2017, 08:32:43 AM »
Brandon Allen was released and signed by the LA Rams.  I thought he might turn out to be a good QB for the Jags.

Papa33

« Reply #8609 on: September 20, 2017, 09:04:09 AM »
What a screw up.  As undecided as they were with Blake Bortles, should of just kept Brandon Allen on the roster (which I thought was going to happen after the preseason).  Who would you rather have on the roster at this point, Brandon Allen or Ryan Nassib?