Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1129666 times)

jaxjaguar

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #8565 on: September 10, 2017, 04:48:13 PM »
I'm worried I might be dead... Am I in heaven?  ???

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #8566 on: September 10, 2017, 05:28:01 PM »
Pleasantly surprised...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Murder_me_Rachel

« Reply #8567 on: September 10, 2017, 05:57:48 PM »
Well, I'll be damned.  Good for the Jags.  I'd say the Texans are not a very good team, so you can't tel much from this game, but that was a truly solid all-around performance by the Jags.  Fournette looking promising. 

Who's got the crow grilling? I'll bring the buns.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #8568 on: September 10, 2017, 09:00:56 PM »
A-ROB has a torn ACL. Out for the season. Welp...we'll need that deep receiving corp to step up now.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #8569 on: September 10, 2017, 09:21:53 PM »
Wow that sucks.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

I-10east

« Reply #8570 on: September 10, 2017, 10:15:29 PM »
 :'( :'( :'(

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #8571 on: September 11, 2017, 04:24:41 AM »
Impressive WIN, did WATT do anything besides run out there with the Flag? It's much easier to win games when your QB is not scoring points for the other team. I can relax now and watch football for the rest of the day with a smile on my face. Go Jags!!!

Jim

• MetJax
« Reply #8572 on: September 11, 2017, 10:46:20 AM »
Impressive WIN, did WATT do anything besides run out there with the Flag? It's much easier to win games when your QB is not scoring points for the other team. I can relax now and watch football for the rest of the day with a smile on my face. Go Jags!!!
Watt had a single tackle the whole game.

I-10east

« Reply #8573 on: September 11, 2017, 05:28:01 PM »
One of the most noticeable things about the game was the Jags discipline (Marrone/Coughlin) in a sense of acting like they won before. They wasn't all extra animated like they just won the Super Bowl, they were composed like Ws will be routine; I love it! Even their penalties (some questionable calls by the refs) were effort plays (like the broadcast said) and not boneheaded errors. Even after the win, their mentality was like 'on to the Titans'. This is a scary team not many are wanna going to tangle with. #DTWD
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 05:32:09 PM by I-10east »

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #8574 on: September 12, 2017, 10:01:36 AM »
Bennie Fowler with two TDs against the Chargers last night.  Chances are if a guy named Fowler is involved, Gus Bradley will have no way to control him.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

RattlerGator

« Reply #8575 on: September 12, 2017, 05:39:46 PM »
Blake Bortles is telling a WHOLE BUNCH OF PEOPLE to kiss his ass, and well he should. I kept trying to tell people those last two games truly mattered last season. This is now three games, the entirety of Marrone's tenure as head coach, where Blake has not thrown an interception. That's, mind you, two blowout wins over divisional opponents (Tennessee and Houston) and one close loss on the road (Houston).

I don't care who you are, that's impressive.

Sad news about A-Rob. We signed Max McCaffrey today, and that looks like a good move to me:

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/Jaguars-sign-wide-receiver-Max-McCaffrey-to-active-roster/86b35951-f912-46b9-9104-15974ea0a8bc

This home game against the Titans is one of the biggest in franchise history. Seriously. Two games up in the win-loss column against what is probably our best challenger for Division Title, and two wins within the Division in our first two games. Going to London with that record would be huge, huge, huge.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #8576 on: September 13, 2017, 05:23:03 AM »
Max should be good. 1 year on Green Bay practice squad... almost made team this year... just not enough roster spots... good special teamer too.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 05:24:47 AM by BridgeTroll »
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

MusicMan

« Reply #8577 on: September 14, 2017, 08:44:40 AM »
Interesting read here:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-nfl-is-seriously-concerned-with-empty-stadiums/ar-AArTqkb?li=BBnb7Kz

Moving the Jags was probably not a great idea after all.......................

FlaBoy

« Reply #8578 on: September 14, 2017, 09:41:57 AM »
Interesting read here:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-nfl-is-seriously-concerned-with-empty-stadiums/ar-AArTqkb?li=BBnb7Kz

Moving the Jags was probably not a great idea after all.......................

LA is a bandwagon town. Always has been. The Rams were also really bad last year. The 49ers were awful last season. You can't expect people to pay for trash product. Finally, the money is all in TV deals. I do think the Chargers have a potential problem if they don't get off to a good start in LA because what differentiates them from the Rams? It is not locale like the Angels and Dodgers or even like the Jets and Giants when one played in Queens and the other in Yankee Stadium.

Tacachale

« Reply #8579 on: September 14, 2017, 10:43:40 AM »
The jury's still out on the Rams, I think, due to the stadium. The numbers they claimed (60,000) are not good for a home opener, but not alarmingly bad, especially considering they're playing in a college stadium that's nowhere close to what NFL fans are now used to, and the team is terrible.

Obviously, it's really bad news for the Chargers that they can't even come close to filling a 27,000 stadium.

I don't really understand the criticism of the 49ers attendance. They had a reported 70,178 tickets sold to that game even though the team is terrible. Even if half the stadium left at halftime, they still bought their tickets, which is what matters. They also didn't leave the market.

However, the NFL needs LA to do a lot better than it's doing, as the relocation threat is the thing that keeps cities building billion dollar stadiums. It's obvious now that the Chargers to LA was a terrible move and the Rams may have been too.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?