Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1245784 times)

Snaketoz

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #8490 on: August 18, 2017, 05:52:30 PM »
I watched from section 411. Ole "Hangin" Chad Henne's passes actually looked good from way up there. A Rob should not have dropped the one  for sure.

Also I never understood what happened on the play where Jameis threw the ball up into the air (incredible mistake) and we picked it off in the end zone. He did not look down to me.

As a real football fan, I'm looking forward to FSU vs Alabama.
The officials ruled that Jameis' progress had stopped, and under NFL rules to protect QBs, he was ruled "down".

Snaketoz

« Reply #8491 on: August 18, 2017, 05:54:35 PM »
Well, the second game of the pre-season is over and Bortles is still 3rd on MY depth chart.

I can't even defend what I saw last night....
I agree.  That was even worse than I imagined, and across the entire team.  The kicker needs some competition also. 

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #8492 on: August 18, 2017, 06:08:57 PM »
^^^
Stone-cold for Darnold
Jags are pigeonholed for Darnold
Bortels unconsoled for Darnold
lose hundredfold for Darnold
tickets unsold, buy Darnold
jags fans extolled for Darnold
last place foothold gets Darnold
lose tenfold for Darnold
jags buttholed for Darnold
not cuckold, just want Darnold

You got my juices flowin.

City that is bold, seeks savior named Darnold
Jerseys of all gold look good on Darnold
Getting steamrolled for Darnold
Arob no longer trolled, Jags 4 Darnold
5s out of control, time for Darnold
Remove Dave's blindfold, draft Darnold
Henne takes hold, one year til Darnold

That was more fun than the game last night.

Todd_Parker

« Reply #8493 on: August 18, 2017, 11:08:58 PM »
^^^
Stone-cold for Darnold
Jags are pigeonholed for Darnold
Bortels unconsoled for Darnold
lose hundredfold for Darnold
tickets unsold, buy Darnold
jags fans extolled for Darnold
last place foothold gets Darnold
lose tenfold for Darnold
jags buttholed for Darnold
not cuckold, just want Darnold

You got my juices flowin.

City that is bold, seeks savior named Darnold
Jerseys of all gold look good on Darnold
Getting steamrolled for Darnold
Arob no longer trolled, Jags 4 Darnold
5s out of control, time for Darnold
Remove Dave's blindfold, draft Darnold
Henne takes hold, one year til Darnold

That was more fun than the game last night.

"Getting steamrolled for Darnold" sounds like a winner. Let's start printing up some t-shirts.

MusicMan

« Reply #8494 on: August 19, 2017, 09:19:54 AM »
Lets talk about Fournette's foot injury. 

I did a quick search and it is apparent the folks at LSU considered this a recurring theme that would probably affect his entire career.

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/source-lsu-rb-leonard-fournettes-ankle-injury-a-chronic-problem

His last year at LSU, as a Junior, "Fournette battled injuries throughout his final season with the LSU Tigers, forcing him to miss five games. He finished with 843 yards and eight touchdowns." 

If this blows up in the Jags face will the front office people say "we had no idea he had a history of missing games because of injury?"  Which is what I suspect . Or will they say, "we just blew it." 

In the meantime, I'm looking at former FSU back Dalvin Cook and he is definitely right on schedule up in Minnesota. 

Update 8/22/17 :

Looks like Fournette will miss another pre-season game.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 02:01:05 PM by MusicMan »

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #8495 on: August 23, 2017, 02:10:26 PM »
I cannot wait for the Caldwell Bowl tomorrow night. The excitement is killing me. Unfortunately, we did not renew so I will miss out on watching it in person for the bargain cost of about $450. Watching on TV just won't be the same.....I am sure the atmosphere will be electric.

Bortles V Henne.  Epic!!!!

At least we don't have this jerk on the team:

http://kaepernick7.com/

Snaketoz

« Reply #8496 on: August 23, 2017, 08:14:01 PM »
It was announced this afternoon that Chad Henne will start in pre-season game #3 against the Carolina Panthers.  Hooray?

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #8497 on: August 23, 2017, 09:00:36 PM »
It was announced this afternoon that Chad Henne will start in pre-season game #3 against the Carolina Panthers.  Hooray?

I think the only "Hooray" the Jags generate is by the other 31 NFL teams.

spuwho

« Reply #8498 on: August 23, 2017, 10:09:47 PM »

At least we don't have this jerk on the team:

http://kaepernick7.com/

Not many multimillion dollar self-made martyrs in this world.

He can throw a 90 mph fast ball. Give it up and go MLB.  You can sit on the bench 162 national anthems a year.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 10:11:54 PM by spuwho »

KenFSU

« Reply #8499 on: August 23, 2017, 10:18:09 PM »
The whole thing makes me want to put my head through a wall.

Some choice quotes from 2014 below.

And here we are again...

Henne is awful. I don't see the point in sitting Bortles. This isn't 1990. Rookie QB's come into the league and start right away all the time. We saw Bortles in the preseason. He's a stud and right now he's on the bench behind a dud. Why would fans want to pay to watch Henne play?

Henne was truly awful, at least in the second half. Henne was 2 for 14 on third down conversions. He burnt three needless timeouts in the second half. He had passes swatted out of his hand numerous times. His constant three-and-outs didn't allow the defense much rest. And a missed short 4th-and-1 pass to Marcedes Lewis pretty much sealed the game.

Henne is probably getting an unfair amount of blame for the loss, but after years of truly inept play at quarterback by the Jags, blown game after blown game, and a quarterback that most perceive as being ready waiting in the wings, I think he'll continue getting much of the blame until Bortles is inserted into the starting lineup.

If Henne plays like Henne next week, I just don't see how the Jags can put him out there as the starter for the home opener.

Wake me up when you guys start playing Bortles.  I've seen too many years of Henne starting for Florida teams.

I think the thing about Henne is, his skill set is very limited. If things dont go exactly as designed and executed to perfection, everything falls apart. But the thing I had to remind myself is that we have an EXTREMLEY young and inexperienced offense at this point. I understand now why they dont want Bortles back there. I think we are just sick of seeing it. We have been tormented with this for years now. And now we know we have an offense with potential and it was gut renching to see them play lights out,then disappear. Things will come together eventuall so Im not to worried. But regardless, our offense cant stall like they did sunday or were in trouble AGAIN this season. They have to figure it out quick.

Okay..This is getting realy stupid. SO..after saying Henne was "effecient" Sunday, now they are telling him he needs to push the ball down field more and be "explosive".. Um hello, Henne cant do that!! This is starting to get realy stupid and annoying at this point. A blind man can see that Henne cant push the ball down and be explosive. He never has been. They called him "checkdown chad"in Miami for a reason. I dont know what they are thinking they will see from him. He is who is. Henne is not going to all of sudden change after 7 years of being medicore and inconsistent.  ::)

I laughed at the Big Cat Country Headline.

"Jags tells Chad Henne to be more like Blake Bortles" :D

Six straight seasons without a winning record, and this is the start that we're off to.

Henne was sacked ten times, a new franchise record for both the Jags and Washington.

The Redskins are coming off nine consecutive regular season losses and lost their starting qb in the first quarter, and we made them look like the '85 Bears.

Horrifying start to the season, as bad as last year's.

With an o-line this terrible, Henne at qb, and Jedd Fisch doing whatever he's doing (not even mentioning the defense), is there a universe where there's anything to look forward to this season?

I actually agree NRW, keep Bortles out of this, at least for now.

So what will be louder, the boos for Chad Henne or the "We want Bortles" chants?

Henne is the starter for Sunday, per Gus press conference.

"Henne performed well." - Gus.

I love the Jaguars seeing some of these people on Facebook saying play Bortles bench Henne sounds very familiar.

Has there ever been a QB that the fans been happy with here? I have heard bench the starter, get a new QB ect. since the beginning of the franchise.

So Chad Henne is not very good, as we all knew. His performance is as expected. Why do we act all surprised when he plays and the Jags lose? So now we want to throw Bortles in there and destroy him like we do to every other quarterback? The Jags aren't going to the playoffs this year, so why screw up Bortles' head by having him get his ass kicked all season? I wouldn't play him in this offense even if Henne went down.

Though, Bortles probably isn't the answer either, but I'd be happy to eat those words.

Well, the Bortles era has officially begun.

We still can't block.  We still can't play defense.  We still have a hard time catching passes.  We still have a hard time running the ball.

But it still beats the hell out of watching chad henne any day.

That first half of today's game was as ugly a scene as I've ever witnessed at our stadium. Down 30-0 at halftime with the fans booing Chad Henne off the field. To those who didn't go, did the booing and "We Want Bortles" chants come across as loudly on television as they did in person? Happy to see Bortles take over, but the product that the Jags have put out for the last three years is absolutely unacceptable. There's a difference between rebuilding and going into halftime down 30-0. Sick of the excuses. Sick of people telling Jags fans to be patient. We have lost 15 of our last 17 home games. Time for this franchise to get its act together and start producing a few wins.

This #BortlesStart is running rampant, along with #ManzielStart. I agree with what the Jags are doing concerning this 'QB controversy'. Start Henne for now, and let Bortles learn. The last thing that I want is another Leftwich/Gabbert situation. Bortles will definitely get his chance soon. Both QBs looked good vs the Bears; The refs were definitely overzealous with all of those flags (many bad calls).
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

KenFSU

« Reply #8500 on: August 23, 2017, 10:29:19 PM »
P.S. Assuming Chad Henne is our week one starter, and assuming Bortles isn't cut for liability reasons, how many weeks into the season until we've convinced ourselves that Bortles is our savior and that Henne needs to be benched. I give it four games.
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #8501 on: August 23, 2017, 10:47:11 PM »
When they're 0-2 fans will be begging for Bortles.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #8502 on: August 23, 2017, 11:24:10 PM »
It's amazing how quickly people forget how bad Henne was/is. A few drives vs scrubs and he's the new Brady. They will quickly be reminded.

copperfiend

« Reply #8503 on: August 24, 2017, 08:34:13 AM »
It's amazing how quickly people forget how bad Henne was/is. A few drives vs scrubs and he's the new Brady. They will quickly be reminded.

Nobody has forgotten. It's just gotten to the point that no matter how bad Henne might be. He's a better option than Bortles.

I also have not talked to many Jaguars fans that are expecting more than 4 or 5 wins this season.

copperfiend

« Reply #8504 on: August 24, 2017, 08:36:46 AM »
When they're 0-2 fans will be begging for Bortles.

I doubt it. I think most fans have accepted that Bortles is done.

Now, I would expect people to call for Brandon Allen, because he is the only unknown at that position.