Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 954570 times)

JaxJersey-licious

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #8220 on: March 17, 2017, 02:13:26 PM »
I loved the idea of Daily's Place being a part of the stadium. I think, if promoted correctly, it will bring a lot of high caliber talent to the area as well as serve the Jaguars during NFL related activities. I was a little disappointed today though when I bought a ticket to the Jethro Tull concert at Daily's Place 11/7 and got hit with an $11.75 facility charge per ticket. Is this how we are paying for it? That's pretty steep.

I'd be more concerned about the fact that I just spent money on a Jethro Tull ticket.  :P

You'll be old someday too  ;)

I already am! But, I guess, not that old. I think I was a Junior in HS when Tull won the Grammy for Best Heavy Metal Album.
One of many sad moments for the Grammys.  :)

True! They need to make a special Grammy Award for stupid decisions/jaw-dropping snubs and name it after Elvis Costello.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #8221 on: March 17, 2017, 02:36:48 PM »
I loved the idea of Daily's Place being a part of the stadium. I think, if promoted correctly, it will bring a lot of high caliber talent to the area as well as serve the Jaguars during NFL related activities. I was a little disappointed today though when I bought a ticket to the Jethro Tull concert at Daily's Place 11/7 and got hit with an $11.75 facility charge per ticket. Is this how we are paying for it? That's pretty steep.

I'd be more concerned about the fact that I just spent money on a Jethro Tull ticket.  :P

You'll be old someday too  ;)

I already am! But, I guess, not that old. I think I was a Junior in HS when Tull won the Grammy for Best Heavy Metal Album.
One of many sad moments for the Grammys.  :)

True! They need to make a special Grammy Award for stupid decisions/jaw-dropping snubs and name it after Elvis Costello.

Brilliant!
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #8222 on: March 17, 2017, 03:57:37 PM »
Drove by today, and there still seems to be a lot to get done and not a lot of time to do it. 

Aside from that, I did notice that they roofline of the field does kind of tie in to the Hart Bridge when looking down Bay St.  If the overpass were gone, it would make it that much more prominent.  I can definitely imagine how that sightline from downtown will help attract visitors as they decide to make the trek on foot and how the development of the Shipyards and the removal of the raised highway will only benefit that.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

spuwho

« Reply #8223 on: March 27, 2017, 11:24:49 PM »
Tom Coughlin just garnered his 2nd NFLPA violation. The man is definitely serving notice.

http://jacksonville.com/jaguars/sports/2017-03-24/nflpa-looking-potential-season-violation-jaguars

The scrutiny started when an unnamed Jaguar complained to his agent that he didn't want to pay for a flight back to Jacksonville.

manasia

« Reply #8224 on: March 28, 2017, 10:48:30 AM »
This is the same dude that will fine you for being like 1 minute late lol. So I aint suprised.
The race is not always to the swift,
Nor the battle to the strong,
Nor satisfaction to the wise,
Nor riches to the smart,
Nor grace to the learned.
Sooner or later bad luck hits us all.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #8225 on: April 21, 2017, 07:02:20 AM »
No Monday, Thursday, or Sunday night games this year...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #8226 on: April 21, 2017, 08:43:59 AM »

We can still earn one.  Weeks 16 & 17 are prime for a flex if there's a reason to.

And also knowing the Cards are playing the Jags at home in FF Championship weekend gives me a little more incentive to keep David Johnson again....
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

Steve

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #8227 on: April 21, 2017, 09:13:49 AM »

We can still earn one.  Weeks 16 & 17 are prime for a flex if there's a reason to.

And also knowing the Cards are playing the Jags at home in FF Championship weekend gives me a little more incentive to keep David Johnson again....

I heard this morning that week 16 won't be flex this year due to the Christmas holiday.

pierre

« Reply #8228 on: April 21, 2017, 09:38:54 AM »
This schedule shows you what the NFL thinks of this franchise. And the answer is not much.

And they really have no reason to expect the Jaguars to be anything but awful.

Steve

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #8229 on: April 21, 2017, 10:27:48 AM »
This schedule shows you what the NFL thinks of this franchise. And the answer is not much.

And they really have no reason to expect the Jaguars to be anything but awful.

I mean, a small market team that went 3-13 isn't going to get much. The NFL dumped the requirement that every team get a national game.

Clearly they think Oakland is going to be the team to watch. They have 6 national audience games, and another 3-4 where they will be shown to about 80% of the country or more.

I think even if they Jags went 7-9 they'd get one or two national games, plus with the ratings dive last year the NFL will be looking hard at Thursday night games.

Putting aside the TV impact, it's not a bad schedule.
 - They leave for London from Jacksonville
 - The Jets and Steelers will be tough, back to back. Not that I expect the Jets to be great, but a road game after London won't be easy. I realize that's sort of the way it has to be  (Home Week 2, "Home" Week 3, so it would be three in a row at home). Then the Steelers are always good at home.
 - Week 6 through the end is about as easy of a lineup as can be expected given the teams they have to play. You can't pick the teams, but the arrangement is very much in their favor.

From a ticket sales perspective, it's REALLY in their favor in my opinion:
 - Only one brutal hot game (Week 2 1PM)
 - The October game is a 4PM
 - Away on Thanksgiving and Christmas - always a tough weekend to get people to come out.

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #8230 on: April 21, 2017, 07:00:41 PM »
^^^ IMO works in favor for the Jags. 3-13 doesn't scream prime time

spuwho

« Reply #8231 on: April 21, 2017, 08:54:29 PM »
I already have Seahawk fans emailing me for good hotels near the stadium.

Tickets are hard to come by there and expensive, so they are looking to come here.

The game isn't until December for crying out loud.

spuwho

« Reply #8232 on: April 22, 2017, 03:27:01 PM »
Ouch. Michael Bennett of the Seahawks calls the Jaguars a "lose by 50 team".  Asked what that meant, they lose by 21 because the opposing starters are pulled early and the Jag's throw TD's in garbage.  So if the teams didn't pull their starters early, they would always lose by 50, not 14 or 21.

Well the Seahawks show up here on Dec 10th and usually don't do well on the east coast.  Bulletin board material perhaps, but even ESPN agreed with Bennett's sentiments.

A lot of work to be done.

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #8233 on: April 22, 2017, 04:20:44 PM »
The Bennett comment is old news, and he was part of the Tampa team that got beat 41-14 by the Jags

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #8234 on: April 22, 2017, 08:36:29 PM »
Any road games of interest to anyone here? Or know which ones the fan clubs are considering?
I'm thinking Indy or Cleveland.