Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 917904 times)

KenFSU

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #8115 on: January 26, 2017, 10:49:41 AM »
The amphitheater is suppose to be done in May. I wonder if they will wait until then to have the state of the franchise so that the presentation can be given with gusto. Imagine a new Shipyards presentation with the surround sound and light show. Could be impressive.

This is actually a really interesting idea Ryan.

The amphitheater would make a great venue for State of the Franchise, it could be opened to the public, and Coughlin and Marrone could get some face time in front of the fans.

Kinda love it.
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #8116 on: January 26, 2017, 11:11:10 AM »
The amphitheater is suppose to be done in May. I wonder if they will wait until then to have the state of the franchise so that the presentation can be given with gusto. Imagine a new Shipyards presentation with the surround sound and light show. Could be impressive.

The amphitheater would make a great venue for State of the Franchise, it could be opened to the public, and Coughlin and Marrone could get some face time in front of the fans.

Kinda love it.

This would help them do their typical "distract them from the pathetic product we put on the field with a shiny object" routine.I always look forward to the Lamping " financially compete" load of crap he spews at these.

Perhaps they will discuss the franchise feat of 6 top five draft picks. In this era, that actually may be more impressive...Err ...unlikely than the Pats string of 6 AFC championship games.

KenFSU

« Reply #8117 on: February 01, 2017, 08:32:00 PM »
This is amazing.

https://www.myjags365.com/video/coughlins-message

Love the #WinToday hashtag.
Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with foreword by Shad Khan, now available!
http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Football-Jacksonville/dp/0990342409/

pierre

« Reply #8118 on: February 02, 2017, 09:49:33 AM »

Kinda love it.

This would help them do their typical "distract them from the pathetic product we put on the field with a shiny object" routine.I always look forward to the Lamping " financially compete" load of crap he spews at these.

Perhaps they will discuss the franchise feat of 6 top five draft picks. In this era, that actually may be more impressive...Err ...unlikely than the Pats string of 6 AFC championship games.

What is Lamping supposed to say? He literally has nothing to do with the performance on the field.

If anything, it's become the norm for him to apologize to fans for how bad the team has been.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #8119 on: February 02, 2017, 02:11:09 PM »

What is Lamping supposed to say? He literally has nothing to do with the performance on the field.

If anything, it's become the norm for him to apologize to fans for how bad the team has been.

Lamping has "literally" nothing to do with the performance on the field?!?! Gee, thanks. Anything that reminds me of 'Parks and Recreation' is always appreciated!

Lamping is the only competent member of the organization as best as I can tell so I kind of wish he had something to do with coaching staff /roster construction. Not sure he could have done any worse.

All I want from Lamping is to stop deceiving their customer base with bs about local revenue/competing during his various appearances. Did you even see the presentation last year? How stupid does he think...wait a minute....uh...hmmmmmm.....yeah, let me just end it here.

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #8120 on: February 02, 2017, 05:00:04 PM »
Jags have been bad? Who knew. I've been deceived. 

remc86007

« Reply #8121 on: February 02, 2017, 08:33:09 PM »
Only if you count wins and losses. They've been close in all but a few games haha

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #8122 on: February 02, 2017, 10:37:16 PM »
Only if you count wins and losses. They've been close in all but a few games haha
And actually they would have won all of the close games if it wasn't for the refs.( Part of massive conspiracy to keep the Jags down).So they really are good!

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #8123 on: February 03, 2017, 12:24:10 PM »
Hall of Fame vote on Boselli is tomorrow.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #8124 on: February 15, 2017, 12:00:38 PM »
Now that the actual football season is over and I have finished basking in the glow of the Pats 5th title, I can focus on my "new home town" team since the off season is Jags season! Top 5 pick! Ridiculous free agent signings!

But seriously, hopefully with Coughlin in control, we will actually see something remotely intelligent in regard to roster construction. The Abry Jones signing looks like a great start.

Westside Guy

« Reply #8125 on: February 15, 2017, 11:12:52 PM »
The Jaguars resigned Chad Henne and Arrelious Benn today. Both good signs in the scheme of things. I wanted the Jaguars to go get a QB in free agency, but realistically guys like Mike Glennon or Jay Cutler are going to ask for a ton of money. It's makes less sense if the Jags are as committed to Bortles as they seem and any QB they bring in would just ride the bench. Therefore, Henne is a good option for the team in terms of price and experience. And I really like Arrelious Benn, maybe I just like the underdog but he plays with guts and passion when he's on the field. He serves a useful role as wide receiver depth and as a great special teamer. His only problem is that he can't seem to stay on the field during his career.  Last season was his first healthy in years, and here's to hoping for another healthy year for him this year. On another note, they resigned Abry Jones as well, which is a fantastic resign as he will be a critical piece on the defensive line for the next 4 years.  With his signing it doesn't look like there is a spot for Roy Miller on this roster. In short, the Jaguars are resigning who they need to resign.

pierre

« Reply #8126 on: February 16, 2017, 09:04:49 AM »
I am not crazy about the Henne signing. If anything, I hope they have a legitimate competition at quarterback between Henne, Brandon Allen and anyone they draft.

Steve

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #8127 on: February 16, 2017, 12:56:18 PM »
NFL Contracts aren't guaranteed. Just because they sign someone now doesn't meant they won't cut them in July.

But, it does give some indication as to where Coughlin's head is at.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #8128 on: February 20, 2017, 09:17:06 AM »
Hmm, this trade works for me!

Gas mask Tunsil means Albert isn't needed at LT anymore.  However, they could use a pass catching TE to team up with Ajayi, Landry and Stills since Jordan Cameron is a walking concussion.

Dolphins working to finalize trade sending Branden Albert to Jaguars for Julius Thomas

The Miami Dolphins are working on a trade with Jacksonville that would swap left tackle Branden Albert for Jaguars tight end Julius Thomas, according to league sources.

The trade may be contingent on Albert and Thomas restructuring their contracts. The players would also need to pass physicals, and a deal can’t be finalized until the start of the new league year on March 9.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-branden-albert-20170219-story.html
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #8129 on: February 20, 2017, 09:19:04 AM »
He won't be catching passes on IR, maybe He'll stay healthy this season.